• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete DeBoer Death Watch (PETE FIRED BY LOU, NEW COACH NOT YET NAMED)

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think only every out of work coach in North America will want the job...you have a very unrealistic view of the professional sports world if you truly think otherwise.

So your thinking they are bringing in a non interim head coach? You think they are bringing in a legit proven nhl coach that hasn't worked with this team in anyway? We'll see

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Exactly. I don't see many coaches who'd rather remain unemployed than have a job in the NHL.

Same reason why no free agents really want to come here. Lou has total control over everything he was probably telling pdb who to start and sit. But who will get the blame? Pdb that's who. Fire a coach with two weeks left in the season. Coaches leaving for "family" reasons. besides would you really want to come into this mess? Oldest team in the nhl no youth in the pipeline and an old crazy man for your boss? If I'm Dallas eatkins I would think long and hard before coming here Same with guy Boucher. Maybe take an assistant Job some where and wait for a better opening.

You don't want to hire someone because they are desperate for a job you want to hire someone that wants the job not because they need a pay check

Heck there are tons of places for these coaches to go and coach. Juniors ahl khl or euro. Fame money isn't the same but still they will be coaching

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bylsma maybe? Paul MacLean?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's time for the Devils to thank Lou Lamoriello and show him the door | NJ.com

Yeah a coach is going to want to walk right into this mess.

I say it's either mac or if they go outside its ron Wilson if they can dig him up from somewhere. Loooooooooopng shot for pure comedy would be Lou going behind the bench for a 3rd time.

Btw everything chere said is spot on. Lou won't get "fired" but I think he's done after this season.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's time for the Devils to thank Lou Lamoriello and show him the door | NJ.com

Yeah a coach is going to want to walk right into this mess.

I say it's either mac or if they go outside its ron Wilson if they can dig him up from somewhere. Loooooooooopng shot for pure comedy would be Lou going behind the bench for a 3rd time.

Btw everything chere said is spot on. Lou won't get "fired" but I think he's done after this season.

I agree, have to imagine ownership tells him it's time and let's him step down.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm very afraid of Lou leaving. Harris' work is shown here through his sixers and its a fucking shit show. I don't trust him making any team-related decision, let alone picking a new GM.

Cup, are you sure you're not Chere? He has these same ridiculous far fetched theories about Lou that you do. He wrote two paragraphs trying to come up with a reasoning for Lou hating Christmas and giving people vacations when a simple look at the schedule would tell you why the firing happened this week.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very afraid of Lou leaving. Harris' work is shown here through his sixers and its a fucking shit show. I don't trust him making any team-related decision, let alone picking a new GM.

Cup, are you sure you're not Chere? He has these same ridiculous far fetched theories about Lou that you do. He wrote two paragraphs trying to come up with a reasoning for Lou hating Christmas and giving people vacations when a simple look at the schedule would tell you why the firing happened this week.

True. But the team isn't far from a shit show now.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what, the Devils need to step outside their comfort zone for the next coach, and really, moving forward. It may take some time, but it's the only way to get this team moving in the right direction.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol what rich has said had to be said and now maybe since it's more then brooks saying it people will notice. He'll even tg put blame on Lou last night too.

It's gotten so bad I don't even watch the games anymore. I would be super stoked maybe even invite people Over to watch the game tonight. Now? Who cares. I'm as diehard as they come.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No matter what, the Devils need to step outside their comfort zone for the next coach, and really, moving forward. It may take some time, but it's the only way to get this team moving in the right direction.

Paul Maclean is not stepping outside their comfort zone.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm a little afraid myself but honestly Lou hasn't done much right in the the past few years anyway. It's not like we are talking letting him go after the 2000 cup run in his prime

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ryder and Elias have mumps.
Lou will temporarily stand behind bench. Oates and Stevens to split coaching duties.
What a circus.
So post game interviews we will have 2-3 guys?

Glad reporters are starting to blame Lou a bit. This is his mess.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hahahahaha even I didn't think of that one! I rather jmac behind the bench! I almost nailed the trifecta. Lou behind the bench and them staying within the team. I didn't think co coaches were an option.

This is like in the office when Michael and Jim were co managers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou keeps it interesting I'll give him that.

Oates was a solid choice I thought then Scotty's name came outta nowhere.

At this point it cant hurt to try something weird.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think only every out of work coach in North America will want the job...you have a very unrealistic view of the professional sports world if you truly think otherwise.

You were saying? If this doesn't reek of desperation and lack of qualified coaches wanting to come here (much like ufa's) i bet Stevens is the coach next year jmac 2.0. Icing on the cake would be mueller coming back as an assistant

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lou keeps it interesting I'll give him that.

Oates was a solid choice I thought then Scotty's name came outta nowhere.

At this point it cant hurt to try something weird.

It's just so crazy it has to work!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know Stevens left because he didn't think Pete was listening to his input on the D corps. So we'll see what Scott can do. Hopefully he's a good teacher. Adam didn't do much with the PP when he was here right??? That one puzzles me, but if you want to guys to get us through the season, the players obviously respect two HOF players. This is better than rushing a decision mid-season anyway.

To be clear, I don't think any coaching or personel change right now will get this team into the playoffs this season. Hopefully Lou starts dealing right away. Boucher and Matteau can get seasoned up here, just insulate their minutes, don't bench them over growing pains, don't bench Eric and Adam.

There's no reason this team can't be competitive again in a couple years. In three seasons you'll have a "seasoned" d-corps all under the age of 27 (except Greene) (Gelly, Larson, Merrill, Severson, Santini, Helgeson) and Goalie still in his prime.

Forward is the scary part. Adam and Travis are the only relatively core pieces that aren't 5000 years old.

Hope that Reid turns into a 20-25G scorer, hope that Matteau can take a Clarkson type roll (I don't expect him to ever score like David).

Hope that a guy like John Quenville (Our 1st from last season) can develop nicely. Maybe a Ryan Kujawinski can get it going.

Then you go into this years draft.

Jagr, Elias, Zids, Ryder, all need to go. Havlat too. Just get whatever you can. Keeping these guys isn't going to make this team better.

Also, start saying your prayers that we get Eichel or McDavid.

Last edited by a moderator: