• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penn State @ Iowa 10/9 3PM CT FOX

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and Clifford getting hurt, even though he had 2 picks, I’m pretty sure PSU wins that game with him.
In 6 games only one starting opponent QB has finished the game, Colorado State. All the others left injured or got yanked.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clifford is trash and wouldve given Iowa at least 3 or 4 more picks

That said at least he let them throw it further than 5 yards downfield so his loss was big.

Of course it was also not unexpected. Pretty much no opposing starter finishes vs Iowa

They either get broken ribs, 4 picks or both

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clifford is trash and wouldve given Iowa at least 3 or 4 more picks

That said at least he let them throw it further than 5 yards downfield so his loss was big.

Of course it was also not unexpected. Pretty much no opposing starter finishes vs Iowa

They either get broken ribs, 4 picks or both
So, by your logic, Clifford would've thrown 5 or 6 interceptions and PSU still would've won by a few touchdowns.

With all due respect, if I'm Iowa, I don't want to see PSU again in the Big Ten Championship game.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, by your logic, Clifford would've thrown 5 or 6 interceptions and PSU still would've won by a few touchdowns.

With all due respect, if I'm Iowa, I don't want to see PSU again in the Big Ten Championship game.
With all due respect, I don’t see any way PSU gets into the BT Championship game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah. 5 or 6 picks? Probably. Win? Nah.

I mean yall act like it was a 20 pt lead when Roberson took his first snap. It was 17-10. Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. 5 or 6 picks? Probably. Win? Nah.

I mean yall act like it was a 20 pt lead when Roberson took his first snap. It was 17-10. Lol
The interceptions, while egregious, weren't hurting PSU on the scoreboard and the Lions were driving the ball down the field repeatedly with Clifford at the helm. It was very much going to be a blowout.

No doubt PSU needs to have a better backup and I am thoroughly disappointed with that, but with Clifford this game was on track to be over at halftime given the strength of both defenses.

Iowa had a short field for 80% of the game due to Roberson and still were only able to repeatedly kick field goals. Huge props to the PSU defense for hanging in there under immense pressure throughout and keeping it a close game without Clifford.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Clifford accounted for 182 yards and a touchdown in less than one quarter.

Spencer Petras had 185 total yards and two touchdowns for the entire game.

Let that sink in before you tell me this wasn't going to be a blowout in favor of PSU.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interceptions, while egregious, weren't hurting PSU on the scoreboard and the Lions were driving the ball down the field repeatedly with Clifford at the helm. It was very much going to be a blowout.

No doubt PSU needs to have a better backup and I am thoroughly disappointed with that, but with Clifford this game was on track to be over at halftime given the strength of both defenses.

Iowa had a short field for 80% of the game due to Roberson and still were only able to repeatedly kick field goals. Huge props to the PSU defense for hanging in there under immense pressure throughout and keeping it a close game without Clifford.
Iowa always has a shory field man

Its called defense and special teams

Clifford is no doubt better than Roberson. He also wouldve thrown more leading to more turnovers ( like last years game )

We are both speculating. Good thing is you guys take care of business and we will get to see who is right

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa always has a shory field man

Its called defense and special teams

Clifford is no doubt better than Roberson. He also wouldve thrown more leading to more turnovers ( like last years game )

We are both speculating. Good thing is you guys take care of business and we will get to see who is right
Jordan Stout is one of the best punters in college football. Iowa wouldn't have been repeatedly starting drives at the 50 had he not constantly been kicking from his own end zone due to false start penalties that were not a problem under Clifford. In fact, Stout probably would've been pinning them deep occasionally.

I understand Iowa often has great field position, but this was insanity.

PSU literally would've been better off punting on 1st down on half of their drives with Roberson. He may have had more yards in penalties than actual offensive yards, it's close.

It's just sad to see a game change so much as a result of one injury.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Clifford is a world-beater either, but despite the two interceptions, he was lighting it up at Iowa in the first quarter. He's a senior and a leader that knows what he's doing in a hostile environment on the road. Roberson just has a few snaps in garbage time and it showed.

So, unless Iowa was magically going to start shutting Clifford down for the entire remaining three quarters of the game, PSU was about to cruise to a double digit win.

PSU actually does have an offense, but a good offense needs a good quarterback or you can forget about it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Clifford is a world-beater either, but despite the two interceptions, he was lighting it up at Iowa in the first quarter. He's a senior and a leader that knows what he's doing in a hostile environment on the road. Roberson just has a few snaps in garbage time and it showed.

So, unless Iowa was magically going to start shutting Clifford down for the entire remaining three quarters of the game, PSU was about to cruise to a double digit win.

PSU actually does have an offense, but a good offense needs a good quarterback or you can forget about it.
Teams often score early on Iowa. We play base D then adjust as the game goes on.

Colorado St led Iowa at half
MD led Iowa after 1
Iowa St scored early on Iowa

Youre assuming Iowa wouldnt adjust to what PSU doing which is pretty naive as thats literally what theyre best at

Iowa has given up basically nothing of any kind to anyone in the second half this year . The only 2 tds they have allowed after half all season came vs the backups

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa obviously might go undefeated if they manage to win all of their road games.

They are going to get stomped in the Big10 Championship game.

Furthermore, they would/will get destroyed in the playoff.

Penn State would've actually had a chance. That's my contention, at the end of the day.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams often score early on Iowa. We play base D then adjust as the game goes on.

Colorado St led Iowa at half
MD led Iowa after 1
Iowa St scored early on Iowa

Youre assuming Iowa wouldnt adjust to what PSU doing which is pretty naive as thats literally what theyre best at

Iowa has given up basically nothing of any kind to anyone in the second half this year . The only 2 tds they have allowed after half all season came vs the backups
What happened against Perdue? They escaped lucky against Penn State, however came away a beat up team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened against Perdue? They escaped lucky against Penn State, however came away a beat up team.
We went 1/7 in the red zone. Pretty simple. When you cant score inside the opponents 20 you lose