• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 18 (Feb 2 - Feb 8)

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Craig Adams is around 10 min/game this year, he was between 11 and 12 per game the past few years.

And Sill is around 8/game this year, he was close to 10/game last year.

I was surprised, because I thought the same as you Burgh about them playing more this year. But maybe playing less makes them more noticeable in a positive way, the extra two minutes being diminishing returns type of situation.

I will say this, both guys are right about even in regards to plus/minus, I know that stat isn't great, but it's a huge step up from the past, Adams has never been a + player as a Penguin, and was -16 last year.

Also, Arcabello and Malkin look good together, should stay together until they prove otherwise.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bennett has 3 goals and 5 assists. Sill 1 goal 1 assist and Adams 1 goal 4 assists. So Bennett has more points than the two of them combined.

There are times, however, when the rest of the team is going through the motions, MJ will put the fourth line out there and they start generating some chances. I never liked the way Bylsma went mainly with the top two lines and just occasionally put out the 3rd and 4th lines. Bylsma wore those guys down. Its a balance and I think MJ might be favoring the 4th line a little too much, but hopefully he'll work it out.

That was a good win against a bad team. They did what was expected of them to do against a team like that. The Oilers are just terrible, and the Pens took two points from a team they were expected to beat. The real test starts tomorrow against the Flames, as they're no slouch this season.

Derrick Pouliot is the real deal. I hope he sticks when everyone gets healthy.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, Pens are back in first place in the division after the win last night. :hockeysmile:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Craig Adams is around 10 min/game this year, he was between 11 and 12 per game the past few years.

And Sill is around 8/game this year, he was close to 10/game last year.

I was surprised, because I thought the same as you Burgh about them playing more this year. But maybe playing less makes them more noticeable in a positive way, the extra two minutes being diminishing returns type of situation.

I will say this, both guys are right about even in regards to plus/minus, I know that stat isn't great, but it's a huge step up from the past, Adams has never been a + player as a Penguin, and was -16 last year.

Also, Arcabello and Malkin look good together, should stay together until they prove otherwise.

I actually have no problem with Sill in the lineup, since he can actually bring energy and is legitimately good defensively, but Adams should be scratched well before Bennett is. I hope these scratchings are not so much a punishment as an opportunity for them to work on some things to improve his game when he's back in the lineup full time. An investment of sorts.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's back, that's good. Can't afford that injury right now with how the division is. Nice to see Sid finish one, too. He needed that. Has been skating well all night and he got rewarded.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skid, Kuni and Perron...that line is jelling?!

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see the Flower with a back to back shutout

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game 5v5 but their PP last night was awful. Lets hope they keep the wins going in Vancouver.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens laid an egg last night. They didn't have the bounce from the night before, but that's to be expected.

By the way, I forget who was interested in Dea, but I just found out that he is down in Wheeling now. No idea why, because he was playing well in Wilkes-Barre.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens laid an egg last night. They didn't have the bounce from the night before, but that's to be expected.

By the way, I forget who was interested in Dea, but I just found out that he is down in Wheeling now. No idea why, because he was playing well in Wilkes-Barre.

I didn't get to see the third, but the first and second periods were largely uneventful. They didn't get enough shots on goal, couldn't get a sustained cycle going and were just outworked by the Canucks. Oh well, they got four out of six points on the road trip. I'll take it.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night to forget, and that is happening too often for my liking, 4 of 6 points is fine in Western Canada, but the way it happened last night still leaves a bad taste.