• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots LOSE Home Field Advantage

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly said

Chappee, i would, we all would take AJ Green in a heartbeat...But the day I called him overrated, was a day Green was being discussed in the Antonio Brown/Juilio Jones conversation

In 16 games this season, AJ Green went over 100 yards, I believe 4 times

His last 3 games

1 catch 37 yards
5 catches 57 yards (all in in the first half in a loss vs Denver)
4 catches 34 yards

Too many games like this for AJ to put him in the elite of the elite, for me

I wont even mention his dissapearing acts in every postseason game he has ever played

That to me is part of it with AJ in when the team needs a huge catch in a critical moment is he the guy that they go to and actually makes the play? I just haven't seen it enough from him. Now look at Julio Jones against the Panthers with Josh Norman and Kuechley both in coverage against him and what does he do but go up over the top and make a huge catch to win the game. Those are the type of plays that to me show a guy to be elite. They have that little something extra.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly said

Chappee, i would, we all would take AJ Green in a heartbeat...But the day I called him overrated, was a day Green was being discussed in the Antonio Brown/Juilio Jones conversation

His last 3 games

1 catch 37 yards
4 catches 34 yards

I wont even mention his dissapearing acts in every postseason game he has ever played

I took you off ignore btw.

Those 3 games you listed....AJ McCarron was the qb. AJ McCarron sucks.

AJ Green has had 5 straight 1000 yard seasons to start his career. The record is 6. He'll break that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took you off ignore btw.

Those 3 games you listed....AJ McCarron was the qb. AJ McCarron sucks.

AJ Green has had 5 straight 1000 yard seasons to start his career. The record is 6. He'll break that.

LOL....Ok, I take it all back

I love AJ, the only debate is how far up the Elite latter i put him

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly said

His last 3 games

1 catch 37 yards
4 catches 34 yards

I'll take him on the Patriots.

Let's look at who was throwing the ball to Green though in those last 3 games... not Dalton

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....Ok, I take it all back

I love AJ, the only debate is how far up the Elite latter i put him

Well, here are 32 teams in the league. Each team has a #1 WR. So, in my mind, top 10 of the #1's should be considered elite. Some say top 5, though.

I'd say top 5 for rb's since rb's aren't really used in the way hey used to be. Top 10 for WR's.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The damn T button on my computer is obviously fucked

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfectly said

His last 3 games

1 catch 37 yards
4 catches 34 yards

Interesting. I usually defer to you on things like this as I probably only saw CINCI play like twice this year. But he's still top 5ish in the game, right? If he's better than LaFell or Keshawn Martin, the Pats could use him.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the Pats back into the 2 spot.....

All I can say is that the Pats didn't really care to win yesterday. They signed Steven Jackson like 2 weeks ago and made him 75% of the gameplan immediately. That was hard to watch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't know. All they did was run yesterday.

I was more commenting to the fact that they are 2-4 in the last 6 games since the weather turned cold. Not just this last one that was down in sunny Miami.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't know. All they did was run yesterday.

I would guess with the way the OL has been playing the last 6 games that running the football was to help protect Brady from having the crap beat out of him once again. I mean while Miami is a terrible team they do actually have some decent pass rushers.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess with the way the OL has been playing the last 6 games that running the football was to help protect Brady from having the crap beat out of him once again. I mean while Miami is a terrible team they do actually have some decent pass rushers.

This is true, but having Brady throw 5 passes in the first half almost felt like I was watching a scrimmage. My only conclusion is that they really didn't care to win yesterday. It's felt like they have been trying to run out the clock on the regular season for a few weeks, actually. Yesterday was just the worst example.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is that the Pats didn't really care to win yesterday. They signed Steven Jackson like 2 weeks ago and made him 75% of the gameplan immediately. That was hard to watch.
But theres hope:suds:

Perhaps this is like the 2009 Saints, who lost their final three games of the season ... or the 2011 Giants, who lost four in a row at one point in November/December ... or the 2012 Ravens, who lost four of their last five games.

All those teams went on to win the Super Bowl.

As bad as it looked Sunday for the Patriots, recent history reminds us that there is still hope. One doesn't have to look too far into the past to find it.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But theres hope:suds:

Perhaps this is like the 2009 Saints, who lost their final three games of the season ... or the 2011 Giants, who lost four in a row at one point in November/December ... or the 2012 Ravens, who lost four of their last five games.

All those teams went on to win the Super Bowl.

As bad as it looked Sunday for the Patriots, recent history reminds us that there is still hope. One doesn't have to look too far into the past to find it.

I like your positivity. I'm just not sure they can "flip a switch" in 2 weeks and go back into kickass mode right away. They have absolutely no running game at all and that OL has been horrendous, too. That gameplan yesterday....Ugggh!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HammerDown I am sure you are laughing your ass off right now

I'll have to admit, I was glad they lost the #1 seed although I didn't see a Miami win at all.....
But correct me if I'm wrong, they get the bye and 1st game at home....
If Denver loses their game the same day, wouldn't the AFCCG be played in NE also ?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they were concerned about the O line and protecting Brady. So they kept Gronk as a blocker for the most part.

Until they had it tied up. Then they tried him a few times but they couldn't keep anybody away from Brady.

And they have nobody else to run aside from Bolden and White.

I remain optimistic, but I wouldn't ever bet a cent on them repeating.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to admit, I was glad they lost the #1 seed although I didn't see a Miami win at all.....
But correct me if I'm wrong, they get the bye and 1st game at home....
If Denver loses their game the same day, wouldn't the AFCCG be played in NE also ?

I think so.... But only if Denver loses which is a possibility but I don't see it happening