• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots/Buccaneers Game

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone is watching this one.

Tom Brady and the starters seem to be playing the entire 1st half, does Belichick usually do that the 2nd preseason game?

I saw one series with Josh Johnson so far, and I can see why people are interested in him being a 49er. The pocket broke down often, and he is fast.. escaped and picked up quite a lot of yards. Too bad he probably lost close to 25 some yards rushing on holding penalties. Flushed out of the pocket once and with a guy breathing down his neck he made a good 1st down pass.

His passes were up and down, he threw a couple passes that were catchable but the receivers were dropping them both times. Also has a tendency to throw behind on crossing patterns. Overall though, he is intriguing.

I'm interested in seeing Mallett in the 2nd half.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, when Josh Johnson gets flushed he tends to roll to his left. I guess, at least it isn't to his right. :)

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't know if anyone is watching this one.

Tom Brady and the starters seem to be playing the entire 1st half, does Belichick usually do that the 2nd preseason game?

I saw one series with Josh Johnson so far, and I can see why people are interested in him being a 49er. The pocket broke down often, and he is fast.. escaped and picked up quite a lot of yards. Too bad he probably lost close to 25 some yards rushing on holding penalties. Flushed out of the pocket once and with a guy breathing down his neck he made a good 1st down pass.

His passes were up and down, he threw a couple passes that were catchable but the receivers were dropping them both times. Also has a tendency to throw behind on crossing patterns. Overall though, he is intriguing.

I'm interested in seeing Mallett in the 2nd half.

Three, I got Steelers/Eagles...I have the same interest about Mallett.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three, I got Steelers/Eagles...I have the same interest about Mallett.

3rd quarter is starting, i'll say what i see, 1st pass, maybe about midthigh but a completion. He definitely doesn't look slow in the pocket.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch, miscommunication and an INT.. Pick 6.. brought back 69 yards

OK, after the replay. Unblocked pressure up the middle and Mallett threw it to a place where there wasn't a patriot within 10 yards of the ball's destination, easy INT. Nothing to say he's a bad QB, typical rookie stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
3rd quarter is starting, i'll say what i see, 1st pass, maybe about midthigh but a completion. He definitely doesn't look slow in the pocket.

Thanks Brother!

As for his pocket mobility - I have never understood the no mobility comments made about him.

He may not be a scrambler and he is not going to rush for alot of yards, but he has excellent pocket presence, is very ellusive and knows how to make people miss. At least, that is my book on him, let me know if that is what you see as well.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett has great support. 1st play after the INT, Ridley and the 2nd team rushing game picks up like 20 yards on a run. Screen pass to Ridley for another 1st down. Ridley for another gain.

A good looking pass with zip downfield, if caught it would have been either a TD or 1st and goal. Couldn't tell from the angle if it was the WR who dropped it or Mallett just leading him too much.

Oh, fumble on a 4th and 1 try by Ridley.

Offense sputtered a little once Ridley came out, but then 3rd and long a little dump to Ridley made it 4th and 1 before the failed conversion.

I think Mallett looks good for a rookie, but to me, Ridley is the guy carrying this 2nd team Patriots offense.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I feel horrible for Josh Johnson. Another great pass, zip and hit the WR in the chest and hands for what would have been a 1st down ... but bobbled it while going to the ground and it hopped right into the lap of a patriots defender.

Back to Mallett... after the break.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mallett has great support. 1st play after the INT, Ridley and the 2nd team rushing game picks up like 20 yards on a run. Screen pass to Ridley for another 1st down. Ridley for another gain.

A good looking pass with zip downfield, if caught it would have been either a TD or 1st and goal. Couldn't tell from the angle if it was the WR who dropped it or Mallett just leading him too much.

Oh, fumble on a 4th and 1 try by Ridley.

Offense sputtered a little once Ridley came out, but then 3rd and long a little dump to Ridley made it 4th and 1 before the failed conversion.

I think Mallett looks good for a rookie, but to me, Ridley is the guy carrying this 2nd team Patriots offense.

3rd round RB already makin' noise in New England - they can do no wrong!

Thanks for the play-by-play!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful 1st down conversion on 3rd and 6, pocket broke down and he stepped up and made a great pass say, 15 yards or so. Nice pocket presence.

He does these good dink and dunks when facing pressure... better than sacks or throw aways. Although, these can be kinda risky with his arm. These tend to pop straight up in the air if the defender hits the receiver the same time the ball gets there.

Another good pass, about 13 yard slant to a wide open WR, but just short of the 1st down.

Put together a pretty good FG drive off the INT. It was all passing offense this time, not Ridley carrying the team.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Josh Johnson. Another 3rd down pass, and his receiver dropped the ball, well... didn't matter anyway with the holding penalty. Josh Johnson is intriguing, too bad his WR's couldn't catch a cold. It's hard to really see what he's capable of with all of these drops.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch, a Tampa guy jumped a route and nearly made it two pick-6's for Mallett tonight.

Hoyer has replaced Mallett after that pass, he did sorta make that rookie staredown mistake. This might be the end of my interest in the Patriots offense... haha.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beautiful 1st down conversion on 3rd and 6, pocket broke down and he stepped up and made a great pass say, 15 yards or so. Nice pocket presence.
He does these good dink and dunks when facing pressure... better than sacks or throw aways. Although, these can be kinda risky with his arm. These tend to pop straight up in the air if the defender hits the receiver the same time the ball gets there.

Another good pass, about 13 yard slant to a wide open WR, but just short of the 1st down.

Put together a pretty good FG drive off the INT. It was all passing offense this time, not Ridley carrying the team.

Yep, that is what he does so well...he just feels the pressure then just side or up steps it...I'm gettin' my fix as come 9/11 he'll be done for the season (barring injury of course)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that is what he does so well...he just feels the pressure then just side or up steps it...I'm gettin' my fix as come 9/11 he'll be done for the season (barring injury of course)

He kinda had to do both in that, he stepped up and slide to the right. It was a good play by him.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ouch, a Tampa guy jumped a route and nearly made it two pick-6's for Mallett tonight.

Hoyer has replaced Mallett after that pass, he did sorta make that rookie staredown mistake. This might be the end of my interest in the Patriots offense... haha.

Haha, yeah no matter how much I like him, he is still a rookie...Thanks for the updates, Three!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty ugly pass by Josh Johnson just now on 3rd down. Plenty of time in the pocket with no real pressure, and his guy was wide open.. and he threw it low and ahead ... but the WR or TE made a great diving catch. highlight material.

Ooooo, nice 28 yard floater for a 1st down on 2nd and 15.

Protection breaks down, and nice 12 yard run by Johnson up the middle for a 1st down on the next series.

High and incomplete on 3rd and long, bailed out by a defensive hands to the face penalty in the secondary.

Another collapse of the pocket, escaped and ran for a few yards. Next play, screen pass for about 10 yards to make it 1st and goal on about the 2. Rushing TD on the next play.

Not a pretty drive by Josh Johnson, his two mistakes were covered up by a teammate and a defensive penalty to keep it alive. Well, I'd still rather have him instead of Alex Smith or McCown next year. (If the Bucs don't lock him up, or someone else doesn't trade for him).

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mallett is back.

Great run by Ridley on 1st down, for a 1st down. Another carry for Ridley, probably 8 yards. This kind of rushing threat certainly makes it easier for Mallett. Another run by Ridley for at least 10 yards.

Nice downfield pass by Mallett, maybe a little behind WR was leaning back to make the catch and the defender broke it up. (Just needs more reps)

Lots of time in the pocket, but incomplete pass to nobody on 3rd down, after a 3 yard gain by Ridley on 2nd down. Mallett is telling the WR that he wanted him to go another direction...

OUCH, Danny Woodhead just got murdered on the punt coverage, blocked by someone he didn't even see. Helmet to helmet hit and he got up wobbly. You'll definitely see this in the highlights, concussion for sure so Woodhead won't be playing for a game or two.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 and out by Tampa's 3rd string team.

M'eh, Mallett is done. Hoyer is back in.