• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Mahomes II Says He and Kareem Hunt Can Have 'A Great Dynasty'

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dan Orlovsky doesn't even know where the field ends and we are now listening to him?

0IoQkh.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Moose, think you should consider a philosophical angle in case Mahomes bites the dust. Planning is good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Joe Montana? I dig this.

Montana wasn't particularly fantastic as a Chief. Still a good QB... but a rather far cry from his SF days.

24 games
17-8
29 TD's
16 INT's
60% CMP
85 QB Rating

Again, for that era - solid numbers. You can make the case Smith was better than that. Hell, Trent Green was probably better than that 02-05.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana wasn't particularly fantastic as a Chief. Still a good QB... but a rather far cry from his SF days.

24 games
17-8
29 TD's
16 INT's
60% CMP
85 QB Rating

Again, for that era - solid numbers. You can make the case Smith was better than that. Hell, Trent Green was probably better than that 02-05.
Unless my memory of the WR's back then is completely off in the 90's, they were... not the greatest. For the era it was pretty solid. The standard for Chiefs QB play is extremely low, however.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless my memory of the WR's back then is completely off in the 90's, they were... not the greatest. For the era it was pretty solid. The standard for Chiefs QB play is extremely low, however.

Well, the Bears have had one QB in the pro bowl throughout the entire SB era... and it was 33 years ago.

Hopefully that changes sooner rather than later.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33-0

As for serious opinions? I wouldn't consider the Jags, Chargers, Broncos, or 49ers crazy difficult for the Chiefs.

Just curious why not? The Jags boasted maybe the best defense in the NFL last season and can make life very difficult for Mahomes and all of those weapons. Plus they have a run game that can make that defense of the Chiefs look terrible.

The Chargers boast the best pass rushing duo in the league and a very good secondary to boot. Plus plenty of weapons on offense to again make that Chiefs defense weep.

Broncos are a wildcard right now depending on some of the young talent and which Case Keenum shows up this year.

49ers are viewed as that next up and coming team. Plus when you look at that group of games and see that 4 of the 6 are on the road and I think it could be a rough start to the season for sure.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why not? The Jags boasted maybe the best defense in the NFL last season and can make life very difficult for Mahomes and all of those weapons. Plus they have a run game that can make that defense of the Chiefs look terrible.

The Chargers boast the best pass rushing duo in the league and a very good secondary to boot. Plus plenty of weapons on offense to again make that Chiefs defense weep.

Broncos are a wildcard right now depending on some of the young talent and which Case Keenum shows up this year.

49ers are viewed as that next up and coming team. Plus when you look at that group of games and see that 4 of the 6 are on the road and I think it could be a rough start to the season for sure.
Because Moose is dreaming the impossible dream, it’s spring where anything is possible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Moose is dreaming the impossible dream, it’s spring where anything is possible.

Haha how true it is. Every team is a Super Bowl champ in the eyes of their fans until the games start and many fans realize how crazy that dream was. I honestly think the Chiefs will have a down year. First year QB, defense still looks terrible, and I just like some of the things others in the division have done to close the gap. Throw in a pretty tough schedule having the Patriots and Jaguars (top-2 teams in the AFC last year) compared to the rest of the division I just see more of an 8-8 or 9-7 type season ahead for them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same reason I pegged the 2016 Broncos to regress from 2015 in 2016 or the Mark Sanchez Jets to regress. Historically when a pass D is that good, at least by DVOA, it's going to face a stiff regression even if it is still really good. Seems kind of dissonant if I made that argument and not to use it against the Jags, no?

I also don't respect Bortles at all. It's very hard to maintain the level of pass D the Jags were playing. Maybe even impossible. The Jags are closer to 8-8 9-7 than the are another AFCCG so long as their QB, Bortles, plays the role of Mark Sanchez and Siemian to sabotage an otherwise talented team. Also probably biased against any team based in cover 3 but that's another can of worms.

As for the other 3, I don't mean easy, I just mean not inordinately difficult. The Pats and Steelers would be difficult to win. It would not be hard to create scenarios where the Chiefs win somewhere between 40-60% of the time in the other games, imo. 2-4 3-3 is my guess but we will see.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha how true it is. Every team is a Super Bowl champ in the eyes of their fans until the games start and many fans realize how crazy that dream was. I honestly think the Chiefs will have a down year. First year QB, defense still looks terrible, and I just like some of the things others in the division have done to close the gap. Throw in a pretty tough schedule having the Patriots and Jaguars (top-2 teams in the AFC last year) compared to the rest of the division I just see more of an 8-8 or 9-7 type season ahead for them.
Here's the thing, I predicted 9-7. I don't think the schedule is a great reason why though. That defense is just... not good.

Maybe I am surprised, but this has all the makings of a strong offense weighed down by a bad defense.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33-0

As for serious opinions? I wouldn't consider the Jags, Chargers, Broncos, or 49ers crazy difficult for the Chiefs.

When you factor in time constraints...KC goes to Denver on MNF then with short rest has to play a jags team who will have been at home three weeks in a row and likely less fatigued. Does KC have a good history of tearing through back to back road games against above average teams? Those games may not look difficult but when they happen one after another, that's a different story. Maholmes is going to do things different than Smith. KC's defense without Peters last year was getting lit up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in time constraints...KC goes to Denver on MNF then with short rest has to play a jags team who will have been at home three weeks in a row and likely less fatigued. Does KC have a good history of tearing through back to back road games against above average teams? Those games may not look difficult but when they happen one after another, that's a different story. Maholmes is going to do things different than Smith. KC's defense without Peters last year was getting lit up.
KC's defense without Peters destroyed Oakland so badly it was approaching a shutout before garbage time points were put up. Look up Fuller's numbers on rotoprofiler. He will do just fine. The defense is not getting worse. It just won't be better enough.

I also don't buy this. KC has had "tough" schedules before and done fine under Reid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're going to see one wild card from the AFC South and one from the AFC West.

If the Chiefs lose their turnover advantage they've held the past few seasons then I think they are 7-9 territory. If you believe in Andy Reid then they're a Wild Card.

Imo, Mahomes and Paxton Lynch are the two biggest wild cards in the division. I think if both bomb, the Raiders take the WC.