• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outlook on the '12-'13 season....

jmoore_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Danny Ainge did a great job rebuilding this team over the offseason, bringing KG back was big. There really wasn't anyone out there in FA that was worth the $ if KG didn't come back. Signing him to a 3 year deal insures that Pierce & KG will both retire at the same time as Pierce only has 3 years left on his contract. Both guys have said this is it for them.

Losing Ray hurt, but Ainge did a great job bringing in Terry & Lee. Both guys are younger & can bring more athleticsm to the backcourt, & neither are slouches beyond the 3pt line. You'll likely see Lee start at the 2 while Bradley is recovering from his shoulder surgery, which he said he is ahead in his recovery. Terry will probably be the back up PG/SG.

Bringing back Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, & Chris Wilcox was huge IMO. It sucked what happened to Green & Wilcox last year, both are lucky they are able to still play basketball. Bringing those 3 back added much needed depth & size to the front court along w/ KG. So far through pre-season camp & games Jeff Green has looked very good.

Loved what Ainge did in the draft by getting Sullinger & Fab Melo. Sullinger dropped b/c of the back issues he had, after his Freshman year to tOSU he was progected as a lottery pick. Sully has looked very good so far through the pre-season, he has actually started a few games over Bass & Green. Melo has a ton of potential b/c of his size, defense, & blocking ability, he is very raw as a offensive player though.

All in all I think the C's could be one of the deepest teams in the NBA as long as they can stay healthy especially Pierce/KG. I think they could win 50+ & get at most the 2nd seed in the East depending on how other teams play out, I think at worst they will be a 4 seed.