• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers vs the dreaded Seattle Mariners 8/26 - 8/28

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they may have been talking. Durrett was a little hard on Darvish.

I think he was as well. Don't know if Durrett ever pitched a game even at the little league level or not...But making one small error as a pitcher can have huge consequences. That pitch to Dunn was a "good" pitch thrown to the wrong batter. I am sure Darvish would have pitched differently if there was not a runner on.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Nadel spent the weekend telling people that Yu won't be great til he develops killer instinct. :noidea:

I don't really agree with this because I already think Yu is pretty great... I do still think he will be even better though. Anyway, Nadel gets a pass on this one from me, he is about the only person on the Rangers broadcast team I actually enjoy listing to.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really agree with this because I already think Yu is pretty great... I do still think he will be even better though. Anyway, Nadel gets a pass on this one from me, he is about the only person on the Rangers broadcast team I actually enjoy listing to.

:agree: And when he was teamed with the late Mark Holtz it was really terrific. The Rangers were pretty bad for a lot of years, and yet these guys made the games worth listening to.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like how he handled it. He kept arguing on twitter in the face of facts and even told one person "blahhblahhhblahhhblahhh" That's pretty childish.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking at these pitching matchups, I must admit to being more than a little concerned that we can even take 1 out 3. Not so worried about Saunders until you see who we have lining up against him...Blackley. Crap, the only thing going for us is the Mariners offense has been slumping, so maybe we can sneak Blackley thru. Our best bet for a win may be against King Felix! We seem to hit him ...
Iwakuma....forget it, we're clueless against this guy.

Well, let the Seager-fest begin!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like how he handled it. He kept arguing on twitter in the face of facts and even told one person "blahhblahhhblahhhblahhh" That's pretty childish.

That's too bad, and I'm surprised. But with Yu, he's going to hit about the same number of innings as last year - 191, and this is pretty good - and his ERA is substantially lower than last. To me, being critical of him at this point is nit-picking.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After looking at these pitching matchups, I must admit to being more than a little concerned that we can even take 1 out 3. Not so worried about Saunders until you see who we have lining up against him...Blackley. Crap, the only thing going for us is the Mariners offense has been slumping, so maybe we can sneak Blackley thru. Our best bet for a win may be against King Felix! We seem to hit him ...

Blackley has seen SEA a few times. He has a 1.98 ERA against them and Seager is 0-5 against him. I KNEW there was some reason we got him:)

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackley has seen SEA a few times. He has a 1.98 ERA against them and Seager is 0-5 against him. I KNEW there was some reason we got him:)
Do you have any more good news?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness for Houston and Anaheim. They have helped the Rangers go from being 2 games over .500 to 20. 22-4 VS those two and 53-51 vs everyone else. Thanks Astros and Angels.

So you're saying rangers aren't a very good team ?:scratch:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly rangers need to get there shit straight. Can't lose 2 out of 3 to the sox. We NEED to take advantage of the week schedule before it gets tough in September

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The matchups are not that bad. Already stated Blackley has a career 1.98 ERA against the M's, and Seager is 0-5 against him. Holland is 1-0 with a 0.92 ERA against Seattle this season with two tough-luck no-decisions. Perez is 1-0 with one ND against SEA. In the ND he gave up 0ER and in the win he gave up 3ER. I don't think the matchups are the problem. We need our offense to score 4 or more runs and these games are all ours.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The matchups are not that bad. Already stated Blackley has a career 1.98 ERA against the M's, and Seager is 0-5 against him. Holland is 1-0 with a 0.92 ERA against Seattle this season with two tough-luck no-decisions. Perez is 1-0 with one ND against SEA. In the ND he gave up 0ER and in the win he gave up 3ER. I don't think the matchups are the problem. We need our offense to score 4 or more runs and these games are all ours.
That's why pitcher's win/loss column are meaningless. Lack of offense will often destroy a well pitched game. Completely agree that we match up well pitching wise

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt I think Holland and Perez can hold their own against Iwakuma and King Felix, I may have worded my comment a bit poorly. It's the offense I'm worried about wasting good pitching performances here. I am concerned though that Blackley will not be able to contain the vaunted Seattle offensive juggernaut (Seager), with the result of us losing the only game our offense may show up for...

It is good to hear that Blackley has been effective against the M's (and Seager!) - that makes me a feel a bit better...a little....

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rev, I took your advice and tried RG's in Denton while I was up there with my youngest son at UNT. Did not know it was going to be like a Man vs Food challenge trying to eat what they consider their regular sized hamburger but they are good.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: some American League team has claimed Kendrys Morales.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why pitcher's win/loss column are meaningless. Lack of offense will often destroy a well pitched game. Completely agree that we match up well pitching wise

I think what I posted above shows that we know two pitchers in this series for the Rangers (two have a track record) have a track record of keeping the ERs down this year and keeps the team in the game. The third (first in the order of the series), Blackley has a decent history of doing the same against the M's. We go into this series with the same unknowns as throughout the season...Will the offense show up?

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt I think Holland and Perez can hold their own against Iwakuma and King Felix, I may have worded my comment a bit poorly. It's the offense I'm worried about wasting good pitching performances here. I am concerned though that Blackley will not be able to contain the vaunted Seattle offensive juggernaut (Seager), with the result of us losing the only game our offense may show up for...

It is good to hear that Blackley has been effective against the M's (and Seager!) - that makes me a feel a bit better...a little....

I hear you on the offense, but we need to get "used to" it being like this. This is a different team and when we used to hold our breath when our pitchers were on the mound, we do it now when we are at bat. A month ago our big deal was actually getting runners on base AND hitting with RISP. The past week we have been getting on base and RISP without delivering the runs. It happens. Detroit had the same problems with the Yankees, Chicago, KC, Minn this month. We have been better.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw where Matt Harvey has a partially torn elbow ligament and is hoping to avoid Tommy John surgery. This is why you cannot have enough pitching. It is a tightrope of a position. Look at how many pitchers we had on the DL. A whole starting rotation.