• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our draft status is very interesting.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, if we end up with the #1 pick in the draft.. do you REALLY think we wont fuck that up?? :lol:

Like all of us here that are loyal to a fault, I want to see it through.
Easy for fans of perennial contenders to shoot off, but we have become the Raiders of the NFC.
Maybe we see some burgundy and gold darth vader outfits. Instead of the black hole, maybe snyder's nostril?

The higher the pick the more the possibilities. If we find no suitors in a trade, the fewer chances we screw the pick up. Then again...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the skins will win out they will beat the giants on the road , philly and/or dallas will be playing scrubs as their playoff fates will be determined :lol:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6-10, right Dad?

and i would pat myself on the back till my arm broke :suds::pound:

man we need to lighten up as a board

if we lose out (likely) then we will have a top 5 pick and if we are smart we would look to trade down and avoid the next great qb (for this year anyway )

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i would pat myself on the back till my arm broke :suds::pound:

man we need to lighten up as a board

if we lose out (likely) then we will have a top 5 pick and if we are smart we would look to trade down and avoid the next great qb (for this year anyway )

:pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy i will be glad when some one starts to show some faith

jeez louise you make me just want to stick my head in an oven

i am surprised you all arent on suicide watch the way the doom and gloom is thrown around here

Rg3 tore you up this bad ? he beat you up this bad ?

how much more "venting " do i have to go through ?

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i loooove the idea of getting the 1st or 2nd pick overall and trading that pick away for a shit ton but i think we have a good shot at beating the giants. (which i would be happy for the W)

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who'cares who we draft they won't work out anyway

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who'cares who we draft they won't work out anyway

That's right Spurrier... Because no one ever works out. This franchise is doomed to be terrible for the rest of our pathethic lives...

You know what... yours and country's attitude SUCKS. Maybe we need to FIRE YOU!! Seriously... Follow another team.

:suds:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i am surprised you all arent on suicide watch the way the doom and gloom is thrown around here

First of all this is just football so I certainly hope that nobody takes this too serious. However - this is a passion for most of us so the negative posts are expected for a fanbase that has been abused this long. If this type of drama & poor results only occurred over the last few seasons then it would not be that big of a deal. I am not sure why you are surprised by any of this.

Secondly - this is no longer simply about RG3. This team & more importantly this organization is in complete disarray. Can it be repaired? Sure - but what exactly in the past 15 years or so leads anyone to believe that this is a given? This is compounded by the fact that both the owner & GM appear to be harder to find than Bin Laden a few years ago. It just leads me to believe that they don't give one shit about any of the fans (pretty much a given for Snyder). That makes hope even harder to come by.

You are the ultimate optimist & I respect that. I certainly hope that I am not confusing that with the fact that you are 100% fine with the way this team is currently run. In the end - a team will succeed because of the organizational structure not any given players. I pray that this team realizes that & starts to make organizational changes. However - past history tells me that this may be a pipe dream. I am not going to do anything dramatic or lose sleep over this, but I do find this sad.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just out of curiosity, who should we have faith in? Snyder? RG3? Blind luck?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity, who should we have faith in? Snyder? RG3? Blind luck?

sooner or later the guy will get it . he has fans wearing bags to the stadium for the love of God and tickets going for 4 dollars a pop

but again people want stability and yet every year they advocate more snyder control and moves

if you truly dont have faith then why bother? and i am not trying to be mean so dont take it that way but why invest your loyalty or emotion on a one way ticket to hell ?

every one of you who gripes cares or else you wouldnt be here all the time just like i am

but geez positive energy begets positive energy , negative energy begets negative energy

but people be careful sometimes of what you wish for . the next guy could be worse . he or she could move the team , change the name (stymie would love that )

and look at the mess a new owner gets , drama central , an impatient fan base , a dysfunctional culture and all of that wont be fixed in a single swipe of the pen

but the most important thing is snyder ISNT GOING ANYWHERE PERIOD

and i dont care who we draft or sign people will hate it

i miss the good ole days when redskins fans loved their team win or lose . now its mostly front runners

we get fans who want to turn in their memorabilia , fans who hate the name , a press core who is on non stop bash a thon and sabotaging the team every single chance on sunday

now you guys have every right to feel what you feel . i cant blame you for that but when is enough , enough ?

if i post a mock off season it wont take but a few threads before snyder is dooming us so who cares ?

if you post a mock draft , its "they will fuck it up "

you cant have a decent conversation without it turning into crap . i dont get how you dont get tired of this ?

that is why i want to win out . i am so sick of talking about doom and fucking gloom

the news sucks the team sucks damn what next ? to me you might as well role over and die because there is no point in going on

now i am done venting :suds:

but i am going to tell you this , i am not going to stop being positive . i will love my skins no matter how many times i get knocked down . dan snyder doesnt control me

every time we lose i will stroll into work wearing my colors head up chest out . i will read every scrap of redskins news i can get . i will follow every transaction they make and support every player worthy to put on the burgundy and gold

i will get right back up and keep on tapping no matter how foolish anyone thinks I am

i will not be beat down by circumstances . i dont have time to piss and moan

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sooner or later the guy will get it . he has fans wearing bags to the stadium for the love of God and tickets going for 4 dollars a pop

but again people want stability and yet every year they advocate more snyder control and moves

if you truly dont have faith then why bother? and i am not trying to be mean so dont take it that way but why invest your loyalty or emotion on a one way ticket to hell ?

every one of you who gripes cares or else you wouldnt be here all the time just like i am

but geez positive energy begets positive energy , negative energy begets negative energy

but people be careful sometimes of what you wish for . the next guy could be worse . he or she could move the team , change the name (stymie would love that )

and look at the mess a new owner gets , drama central , an impatient fan base , a dysfunctional culture and all of that wont be fixed in a single swipe of the pen

i miss the good ole days when redskins fans loved their team win or lose . now its mostly front runners

we get fans who want to turn in their memorabilia , fans who hate the name , a press core who is on non stop bash a thon and sabotaging the team every single chance on sunday

now you guys have every right to feel what you feel . i cant blame you for that but when is enough , enough ?

if i post a mock off season it wont take but a few threads before snyder is dooming us so who cares ?

you cant have a decent conversation without it turning into crap . i dont get how you dont get tired of this ?

that is why i want to win out . i am so sick of talking about doom and fucking gloom

the news sucks the team sucks damn what next ? to me you might as well role over and die because there is no point in going on

but i am going to tell you this , i am not going to stop being positive . i will love my skins no matter how many times i get knocked down . dan snyder doesnt control me

every time we lose i will stroll into work wearing my colors head up chest out . i will read every scrap of redskins news i can get . i will follow every transaction they make and support every player worthy to put on the burgundy and gold

i will get right back up and keep on tapping no matter how foolish anyone thinks I am

All I can say is, Dude, you are one unique cat. I envy you for your eternal optimism. Hopefully some of it will rub off on me because I am feeling a bit hopeless with this team right now. But you know what? This is my team. As much as I am disappointed, I've been a skins fan for well over 40 years. I can't quit. Just not sure I can outlast the current circus ring leader. :noidea:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man its funny to see all this talk about how bad RGIII set us back...We were going to the playoffs every year before him and winning division titles. Yeah, he REALLY messed us up even more, lol. This poor kid may off himself due to the media attempting to run stories on him. He's really an incredibly strong person.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man its funny to see all this talk about how bad RGIII set us back...We were going to the playoffs every year before him and winning division titles. Yeah, he REALLY messed us up even more, lol. This poor kid may off himself due to the media attempting to run stories on him. He's really an incredibly strong person.

Maybe. Or maybe he's an incredibly weak person that cannot stand any criticism at all and crumbles and the first sign. The jury is still out on that one, IMO.

I do agree that you can't say that RG3 set us back. However, the RG3 trade may very well have set us back. We spent three 1sts and a 2nd on him. Thats 4 starters, of which its realistic to expect a couple of them to be Pro Bowl caliber players. That hurt.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Dad. Eventually, Daniel Snyder will get it.

The two strong coaches he has had were fired...Schottenheimer and Shanahan.

This is what the organization needs. It needs a strong coach that doesn't take shit from the players and demands accountability.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Dad. Eventually, Daniel Snyder will get it.

The two strong coaches he has had were fired...Schottenheimer and Shanahan.

This is what the organization needs. It needs a strong coach that doesn't take shit from the players and demands accountability.

So do you think Gruden is a strong willed coach that doesn't take shit and demands accountability? I think what he did with RG3 required some backbone given the owner and GM weren't necessarily on board. I guess we will know more this offseason when he has to address his coaching staff right after the season.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I dont disagree with anyone for having some negativity towards this franchise. There isn't much to be positive about right now. What I don't agree with is some having an enormous amount of negativity... Yet they bring very little constructive discussion to this board or say nothing about what the fix is or could be. Matter of fact they bring little to the board other than endless "<Insert name> SUCKS!!" Or "FIRE <Insert name>" threads. Seriously, if you (you know who you are) can't bring anything better to the board then please go troll somewhere else.

At the end of the day, it's just a game and entertainment. Been following the team for a long time, it stinks right now. But it will get turned around. And until then, I still won't let it ruin my day!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is interesting that as you rail against negatives, you also inject a few of your own in your post, but such a thought provoking post deserves a an equal response, after all, positive begets positive and negative begets negative....right?

To your first line where you give hope that "eventually the guy will get it" No one is rooting against that statement, however, a quick look at DC sports teams will tell you that Abe Pollin rode a 1978 NBA title until his death in 2009. The nationals were a transplanted team from Canada and both are doing well under new management thank you!

If you honestly believe that your first line is true, then your second can't possibly be so. If he gets it, then he will be exercising a new found ability to organize and maintain the type of control that henceforth has escaped him.

BTW: some things that are posted here could very well be seen as a negative, depending on perspective, the classic example (since you brought it up) is the name change. Where you see it as a giant positive to keep it, while I see it as just another cog in dysfunction junction. We all don't agree is another example, but honestly, isn't that one of the reasons that we meet here, vent and counter one another? (it's fun)

OK granted, there are some poor conversations here, we've all taken part in them, some have started them and yet we all share the one thing that binds us....a love for this team!! The positive counter is that there have been plenty of conversations that were brilliant in concept and duration.

Anyone who would not like to see the team "win out" must see it as a win-lose situation, where winning out hurts the team in terms of draft position, while others like you and I see winning in the moment as helpful. You because to some degree it quells the negativity, me because I believe that the fan base is in desperate need of emotional relief. No doubt if they do somehow "win out" someone will write that this team can't do that right either. Nature of the beast I guess!

Dad, in another post you suggested that it just might be time to take a break from this, in as much as many of us have great respect for the job that you're doing as moderator here. if the negatives are getting to you by all means take that break, recharge the batteries, feel refreshed and come back from your vacation raring to go! We'll miss you but hell......what good are our fights if they are not refereed by this guy??

profilepic1786_1.gif
skinsdad62
user_offline.gif

US ARMY retired /mod.