• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our draft status is very interesting.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 5 teams that are in front of us are now just one game behind us in the win column.
4 of the 5 have significantly stronger Strength of Schedules. Ours is .487
Only Tampa looks to finish with a weaker strength of schedule(not for certain but likely).

Since we are losing out, each time any of these teams wins a game, we move up one.

Here are their remaining schedules. Several of these teams play each other, which means we are moving up the board folks. Just don't know how high yet.

Tennessee (.542 SOS)
VS Jets
@ Jacksonville
VS Indy

Oakland (.583 SOS)
@ Kansas City
VS Buffalo
@ Denver

Jacksonville (.535 SOS)
@Baltimore
VS Tennessee
@Houston

NY Jets (.574 SOS)
@Tennessee
VS New England
@Miami

Tampa Bay (.461 SOS)
@Carolina
VS Green Bay
VS New Orleans.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out how there are 5 teams that are worse than we are.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible that our SOS will leap over some of these teams as the season plays out?

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out how there are 5 teams that are worse than we are.

Maybe Tennessee is actually worse, not sure. I would take any of them to beat us in a neutral field right now, except the Titans.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is not a question of being worse - it is simply a matter of having a worse record & there is a big difference. At this level (i.e. only winning 2-3 games) strength of schedule, luck & injuries play a big role. Also - any of these teams can have that one fluke game where they pull off a victory against the odds (e.g. Skins against Cowboys & Raiders vs. Chiefs).

IMO - doesn't matter. Redskins are not going to be in a make or break situation for the future simply because say they have the 5th overall pick vs the 2nd or 3rd. If they choose wisely (big if) in this & all other rounds it won't matter too much. The way they run their organization moving forward is much more important than their position in the draft. If they don't correct the former then they are very capable of making the wrong pick even if they have the 1st overall pack in the draft.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true SoCal. This organization is a train wreck. Not sure how or if that can even be fixed.

But... Unless we get a fluke victory somewhere, I think we could we could easily lose out. As TCB said... It's just a matter of how far we move up in that scenario. Imagine being in the Top 2... Maybe even the top pick if Tampa and Oakland manages to win another game and Jax, NYJ, and Tennessee all manage to go 1-1 through that round robin. Damn... Would that be sweet or what?? We could potentially flip the script on the RG trade. It will be interesting to see it all shake out.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true SoCal. This organization is a train wreck. Not sure how or if that can even be fixed.

But... Unless we get a fluke victory somewhere, I think we could we could easily lose out. As TCB said... It's just a matter of how far we move up in that scenario. Imagine being in the Top 2... Maybe even the top pick if Tampa and Oakland manages to win another game and Jax, NYJ, and Tennessee all manage to go 1-1 through that round robin. Damn... Would that be sweet or what?? We could potentially flip the script on the RG trade. It will be interesting to see it all shake out.

That thought both excites & terrifies me. Several names from the past - Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf & - hate to say this - possibly RG3. All taken with the 1st or 2nd overall pick (& there are others). No guarantee with those picks & does anyone have faith that the Redskins will use this pick wisely?

Just about everyone would think that if the Skins had one of the first few picks they would either trade down or take an O-line or stud defensive player - right? However - it wouldn't surprise me if this team makes some move out of left field (e.g. draft a QB) & then tries to spin it with some major PR blitz. I just have no faith in this organization rt now, and truly believe that they feel that they owe nothing to the fans.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where it matters if we are 2 vs 5 or 6 is the value of that slot in a trade scenario. If we keep the pick, I agree its not that big of a difference in that we SHOULD not be looking at a QB, but less sexy pick such as OL or Secondary. And if we do target those positions, we have no business using a 2 or even 5 or 6 on those type of players.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where it matters if we are 2 vs 5 or 6 is the value of that slot in a trade scenario. If we keep the pick, I agree its not that big of a difference in that we SHOULD not be looking at a QB, but less sexy pick such as OL or Secondary. And if we do target those positions, we have no business using a 2 or even 5 or 6 on those type of players.

I completely agree with you. However - neither you, I nor anyone else on this board is making those decisions. While in most cases that would be a good thing - in this case it scares the crap out of me. No telling how this stupid organization will use those picks. Also a shot that the Redskins somehow back into a win over next several weeks just to screw this all up. :L

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with you. However - neither you, I nor anyone else on this board is making those decisions. While in most cases that would be a good thing - in this case it scares the crap out of me. No telling how this stupid organization will use those picks. Also a shot that the Redskins somehow back into a win over next several weeks just to screw this all up. :L

True. It is sad when I think some of the people on this board honestly may have a better eye for talent and could probably run this organization at least equally as well as the goons who actually do run it. I have little faith the FO would do the right thing with the pick either. Hence my prediction that Washington could take a serious look at QB.

Make no mistake about it though. If this organization somehow ends up with a Top 2 pick... There is about a 90% chance there will be an opportunity to trade the pick if we really want to.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now if we lose out, and every team below us at 2-11 wins a game, I have us picking #3. We hold H2H over Jacksonville and Tenn. thus they would pick ahead of us at 1 and 2. We are likely going to be picking in the top ten, but never doubt this teams ability to fuck up even the simplest of concepts and squeak out a win over one or two of the division teams and end up picking 12th.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now if we lose out, and every team below us at 2-11 wins a game, I have us picking #3. We hold H2H over Jacksonville and Tenn. thus they would pick ahead of us at 1 and 2. We are likely going to be picking in the top ten, but never doubt this teams ability to fuck up even the simplest of concepts and squeak out a win over one or two of the division teams and end up picking 12th.

Shark, the number one tie breaker is Strength of Schedule. Head to head will not factor in.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules for determining draft order

The selection order is based on each team's win-loss record in the previous season and whether the team reached the playoffs. Teams that did not reach the playoffs the previous season are ranked in reverse order of their records (so the team with the fewest wins is awarded the first selection). Ties between teams with identical records are determined by the following tiebreakers (in order)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_draft#cite_note-Draft_order-56

1. Strength of schedule, which is the combined win-loss record for all 16 of the team's opponents in the previous season (ties count as a half win and half loss). The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.
  2. Division tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same division).
  3. Conference tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same conference).
  4. Coin flip(s), which occur(s) at the pre-draft NFL Combine.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules for determining draft order

The selection order is based on each team's win-loss record in the previous season and whether the team reached the playoffs. Teams that did not reach the playoffs the previous season are ranked in reverse order of their records (so the team with the fewest wins is awarded the first selection). Ties between teams with identical records are determined by the following tiebreakers (in order)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_draft#cite_note-Draft_order-56

1. Strength of schedule, which is the combined win-loss record for all 16 of the team's opponents in the previous season (ties count as a half win and half loss). The team with the lower strength of schedule (i.e. their opponents compiled fewer wins) is granted the earlier pick in round one.
  2. Division tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same division).
  3. Conference tiebreakers (if the teams are in the same conference).
  4. Coin flip(s), which occur(s) at the pre-draft NFL Combine.

So then we will likely pick no better than 3rd in any case other than us losing out and Tampa and Tenn winning 2 more games.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then we will likely pick no better than 3rd in any case other than us losing out and Tampa and Tenn winning 2 more games.

If Tenn wins one more game, we pass them.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tenn wins one more game, we pass them.

Sure wish I had posted this in the other thread:lol:

Actually if any team besides Tampa wins one more game, we pass them, and they have three total games against each other which guarantees we pass at least one team. If Tampa wins two we pass them.

I think we end up 3rd, but there is still an actual chance we end up 1st overall. Small, but still real.

Last edited by a moderator:

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure wish I had posted this in the other thread:lol:

Actually if any team besides Tampa wins one more game, we pass them, and they have three total games against each other which guarantees we pass at least one team. If Tampa wins two we pass them.

I think we end up 3rd, but there is still an actual chance we end up 1st overall. Small, but still real.

3 is very likely, but I am holding out hope the Raiders can beat Buffalo at home.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 is very likely, but I am holding out hope the Raiders can beat Buffalo at home.

Come on man, if we end up with the #1 pick in the draft.. do you REALLY think we wont fuck that up?? :lol:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, if we end up with the #1 pick in the draft.. do you REALLY think we wont fuck that up?? :lol:

Agree 1000%. Drafting lower might be a blessing in disguise since many of the sexy picks might be gone by then & I think even the Redskins would not be stupid enough to trade up for a higher pick (at the risk of losing the entire fan base).