• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our draft status is very interesting.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only weaknesses I see is the D.C. media and its pompous fans.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note about the $4 tickets. The Redskins aren't selling tickets for $4. People who have tickets are re-selling them on Stub Hub for those prices. The tickets were originally bought at face value. I buy tickets to MD basketball the same way. During the non-conference schedule many ticket holders don't go so they re-sell their tickets on stub hub for less than what they paid for them just so they can reclaim some of their money.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think Gruden is a strong willed coach that doesn't take shit and demands accountability? I think what he did with RG3 required some backbone given the owner and GM weren't necessarily on board. I guess we will know more this offseason when he has to address his coaching staff right after the season.

Actually, I do not think Gruden is the right coach...never did.

I like coaches who don't take crap. I like Bellichecks and Shanahans. I don't like coaches who care about the media...this is one area i actually do like Jay Gruden.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that as you rail against negatives, you also inject a few of your own in your post, but such a thought provoking post deserves a an equal response, after all, positive begets positive and negative begets negative....right?

To your first line where you give hope that "eventually the guy will get it" No one is rooting against that statement, however, a quick look at DC sports teams will tell you that Abe Pollin rode a 1978 NBA title until his death in 2009. The nationals were a transplanted team from Canada and both are doing well under new management thank you!

If you honestly believe that your first line is true, then your second can't possibly be so. If he gets it, then he will be exercising a new found ability to organize and maintain the type of control that henceforth has escaped him.

BTW: some things that are posted here could very well be seen as a negative, depending on perspective, the classic example (since you brought it up) is the name change. Where you see it as a giant positive to keep it, while I see it as just another cog in dysfunction junction. We all don't agree is another example, but honestly, isn't that one of the reasons that we meet here, vent and counter one another? (it's fun)

OK granted, there are some poor conversations here, we've all taken part in them, some have started them and yet we all share the one thing that binds us....a love for this team!! The positive counter is that there have been plenty of conversations that were brilliant in concept and duration.

Anyone who would not like to see the team "win out" must see it as a win-lose situation, where winning out hurts the team in terms of draft position, while others like you and I see winning in the moment as helpful. You because to some degree it quells the negativity, me because I believe that the fan base is in desperate need of emotional relief. No doubt if they do somehow "win out" someone will write that this team can't do that right either. Nature of the beast I guess!

Dad, in another post you suggested that it just might be time to take a break from this, in as much as many of us have great respect for the job that you're doing as moderator here. if the negatives are getting to you by all means take that break, recharge the batteries, feel refreshed and come back from your vacation raring to go! We'll miss you but hell......what good are our fights if they are not refereed by this guy??

profilepic1786_1.gif
skinsdad62
user_offline.gif

US ARMY retired /mod.

i am not going anywhere if everyone else gets to vent then i do to :suds: