• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So predictions on how it ends?

My theory since season 2 or 3 has been that Bran's warging ability with Dany's dragons was going to be key. I think that Jon and Tyrion both clearly have lament and concerns about how things went. I think it's possible that Dany will go to execute one or both of them. In that moment, Bran will warg into the dragon and take out Dany. And then everyone is like "oh no, the queen is dead... and nobody with royal blood is here." Samwise stumbles into the room a la Kramer (laugh track) and says "that's not true, there is another." The crowd "well who could he be talking about?!?"

Jon Snow:
giphy.gif

Isn't that Sansa's brother-in-law??

I think your prognostication is basically correct. Right now, nothing on the planet can take down Drogon. Except Bran. That makes Dany invincible, and I just dont see her surviving to the end of the episode.

Dany considers both Tyrion and Jon as traitors, so she will attempt to execute them. But will fail. I will diverge from your theory and say that Jon will again turn down the throne. He will go North. Maybe Warden of the North, maybe not.

I see Tyrion and Sansa as the last two standing who actually want to rule. They have certainly hinted at them renewing their "relationship".

One plotline that is completely unfinished and probably should be considered: Bronn. He was tasked by Cersei to kill Jamie and Tyrion. Now that Cersei is dead, no reason for Bronn to finish the mission. Will Bronn try to extort money out of Tyrion nonetheless? Probably. It would be laughable, but maybe Bronn walks in while Dany is pronouncing a death sentence on Tyrion and Bronn says "not today, bitch, his ass is mine" and Bronn shoots Dany with the crossbow.

Also ridiculous, but what if Dany charges Jon with treason, and Jon, wait for it,

Chooses Trial By Combat !!!!!!!!

Dany could pick Grey Worm (easy Jon win), or she picks Drogon. That would be hilarious, especially when Jon climbs up on Drogon and barbecues Auntie D.

(hoping the writers did a better job then my ramblings, so far they have not)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I will diverge from your theory and say that Jon will again turn down the throne. He will go North. Maybe Warden of the North, maybe not.

I see Tyrion and Sansa as the last two standing who actually want to rule. They have certainly hinted at them renewing their "relationship".

I think that's a good bet here. Jon doesn't really want it. I could see Tyrion taking over (or maybe a surprise ending with Gendry ascending the throne).

Also ridiculous, but what if Dany charges Jon with treason, and Jon, wait for it, Chooses Trial By Combat !!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on my fan fiction, two rival banks to the Iron Bank of Braavos are in the midst of a merger. The words just keep coming to me, there may be enough for an entire book with this one storyline alone (Game of Loans).

That sounds positively erotic.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daario returns to rule by his queen's side is my prediction.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps Arya is dead and the horse is taking her to the afterlife?

Thinking about this ... is Arya the new night king ? Afterall, she said she wasnt a lady :think:

A very inexperienced Gendry (...3 women yah right !!!) :

giphy.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jon is left standing, is it possible he chooses to go more of a republic route rather than be King?

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jon is left standing, is it possible he chooses to go more of a republic route rather than be King?

IMHO he will go the libertarian route via The Hound … F*ck the King … and go north with the free folks.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Joffrey is not really dead and comes back shooting arrows into prostitutes and whatnot?
DO we have a headcount of how many King's Landing prostitutes are dead or is that going to be addressed in one of the upcoming series?

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree, the episode was a mess. 7 years of character development just thrown out the window.
So very disappointed. Apparently I'm not the only one, since this is now the lowest rated season of all.
That's not even close to true.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that Sansa's brother-in-law??

I think your prognostication is basically correct. Right now, nothing on the planet can take down Drogon. Except Bran. That makes Dany invincible, and I just dont see her surviving to the end of the episode.

Dany considers both Tyrion and Jon as traitors, so she will attempt to execute them. But will fail. I will diverge from your theory and say that Jon will again turn down the throne. He will go North. Maybe Warden of the North, maybe not.

One plotline that is completely unfinished and probably should be considered: Bronn. He was tasked by Cersei to kill Jamie and Tyrion. Now that Cersei is dead, no reason for Bronn to finish the mission. Will Bronn try to extort money out of Tyrion nonetheless? Probably. It would be laughable, but maybe Bronn walks in while Dany is pronouncing a death sentence on Tyrion and Bronn says "not today, bitch, his ass is mine" and Bronn shoots Dany with the crossbow.

Also ridiculous, but what if Dany charges Jon with treason, and Jon, wait for it,

Chooses Trial By Combat !!!!!!!!

Dany could pick Grey Worm (easy Jon win), or she picks Drogon. That would be hilarious, especially when Jon climbs up on Drogon and barbecues Auntie D.

(hoping the writers did a better job then my ramblings, so far they have not)
Can't barbecue Dany....