• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Trade Deadline

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Both Franson and Sekera have the prices set of what the GMs want in return, it's a steep asking price:

Leafs are and Hurricanes are both looking for a 1st rd pick and a prospect.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabers own three first round picks. It is the lowest of the 3 that minny gets

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Crazy deal, it will be interesting to see if a fresh start helps Kane

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bogosian was having issues with management.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogosian was overrated to begin with, he is Keith Carney redux. Glad the Kings picked Doughty.

I see it as the Jets/Thrashers made him a throw in.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get Coburn here.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
His cap hit though his $4.5, not sure we can fit that in the books.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL rumors: Kings, Stars interested in Hurricanes D Andrej Sekera

CBSSPORTS

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL rumors: Kings, Stars interested in Hurricanes D Andrej Sekera

CBSSPORTS

He'd be a help as a rental but I'm not sure what the chances are of resigning him. He'll be demanding over $3M per. Not sure if the Kings can do that until the Voynov situation is settled. So as a rental I'd hate to see the Kings give up a lot. They traded 2 picks to move up to draft McKeown in the 2nd round. Seems like a lot to pay for a rental.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a help as a rental but I'm not sure what the chances are of resigning him. He'll be demanding over $3M per. Not sure if the Kings can do that until the Voynov situation is settled. So as a rental I'd hate to see the Kings give up a lot. They traded 2 picks to move up to draft McKeown in the 2nd round. Seems like a lot to pay for a rental.

Ox

Depends on if he is a rental or not.

Regehr is coming off the books, and Martinez is a UFA also. Sekera is an offensive minded defender, also a LH shot like both Regehr and Martinez. He won't be a Regehr replacement but I could see him being a Martinez replacement. Both guys are about the same size (6'0-6'1"/200), LH shots, about the same age (27 and 28), good skaters.

Martinez has 72 career points (248GP/28G/44A, .29 PPG) while Sekera has 154 career points (465GP/30G/124A, .33 PPG). Even their stats are somewhat similar. I'm not sure what Martinez is going to be asking for, but seeing that toolbag Muzzin get $4 million a season I'm sure it's going to be along those lines.

Martinez really came through the last Cup win, with 3 of his 5 goals being GW goals with the big 2 that we know, but that doesn't justify asking for what could be a hefty payday.

Martinez also seems to have leveled off a little bit, so bringing in Sekera (to me) is twofold - it should light a fire under Martinez since an incumbent is ready to be signed, plus with the injuries, lack of a PP point man whatsoever this season Sekera helps.

I hope this ignites Martinez if a deal is done, I think he is just as talented as Sekera offensively but he is a bit better in the defensive zone and he is physical for being a smaller defender. Worst comes to worst, Sekera is signed with the money Regehr was making plus I think one of Stoll or Williams is gone.

They'll have some money to sign even a rental defender, just have to make sure it's the right one so the assets going the other way aren't wasted.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAH defender, bit of an overpayment IMO but playing for the Senators as well as about to be a GIII UFA the dollars make sense why.

Not a heck of a lot out there on defense, I would not be surprised if Dumbo is looking at GII RFAs or soon to be RFAs (within 2 years) who may not be in their current teams' future plans due to finances.

That of course would cost a bit more, especially if under contract.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on if he is a rental or not.

Regehr is coming off the books, and Martinez is a UFA also. Sekera is an offensive minded defender, also a LH shot like both Regehr and Martinez. He won't be a Regehr replacement but I could see him being a Martinez replacement. Both guys are about the same size (6'0-6'1"/200), LH shots, about the same age (27 and 28), good skaters.

Martinez has 72 career points (248GP/28G/44A, .29 PPG) while Sekera has 154 career points (465GP/30G/124A, .33 PPG). Even their stats are somewhat similar. I'm not sure what Martinez is going to be asking for, but seeing that toolbag Muzzin get $4 million a season I'm sure it's going to be along those lines.

Martinez really came through the last Cup win, with 3 of his 5 goals being GW goals with the big 2 that we know, but that doesn't justify asking for what could be a hefty payday.

Martinez also seems to have leveled off a little bit, so bringing in Sekera (to me) is twofold - it should light a fire under Martinez since an incumbent is ready to be signed, plus with the injuries, lack of a PP point man whatsoever this season Sekera helps.

I hope this ignites Martinez if a deal is done, I think he is just as talented as Sekera offensively but he is a bit better in the defensive zone and he is physical for being a smaller defender. Worst comes to worst, Sekera is signed with the money Regehr was making plus I think one of Stoll or Williams is gone.

They'll have some money to sign even a rental defender, just have to make sure it's the right one so the assets going the other way aren't wasted.

Im guessing you forgot Martinez already is signed for 6 years?

http://rinkroyalty.com/2014/12/03/a...6-year-24-million-contract-los-angeles-kings/

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you're right! Haha

OK, so that actually takes his stuff into account. Makes it even harder to land a T4 defender which is what they really need.

Would love to see Voynov back, but the second he comes back there will need to be some roster changes.
First happy birthday.

Ok we should know about Voynov by March 10 th
Too late to help the team. Should make the draft trades

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, hit the big 40. Nutty to think I've been posting here with many of you since my early/mid 20s.

I don't think it's ever too late for a player of Voynov's caliber to help a team. He's definitely better than Muzzin in his own end, makes smarter and safer plays and is a T3 defender. Hopefully he is staying in game shape and ready to play if he is cleared by the law or comes to some resolution that allows him back.

Just scanned some sites and there really isn't anything available that pops out. Boychuk would be a huge addition but with the Isles sitting pretty and playing well, I don't think they will move him unless they somehow hit the skids bad.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if I had to bet money, I don't think we get. Voynov back. If he is found guilty of even a misdemeanor he could get deported. If he is not found guilty, the league has already stated that they will conduct their own review before reinstating him. That may actually help the Kings if they know he isn't coming back until at least the playoffs.