• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT:Rob Scuderi

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that's going on in Pitt and the fact that the Pens lost to the Rangers, do you guys think that he regrets leaving the Kings?

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I doubt it. It's my thinking he went back to Pittsburgh for family reasons more than getting an extra year on his contract. I'm sure he's thinking now that he could be playing for another Cup but that in most cases comes second to family.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance, we overpaid him to be completely worthless. He has 2 Cups already, now he's getting $4 million to be an orange cone. Really can't complain if you're Rob Scuderi :gaah:

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance, we overpaid him to be completely worthless. He has 2 Cups already, now he's getting $4 million to be an orange cone. Really can't complain if you're Rob Scuderi :gaah:

That's really surprising to me. He played so steady and well while he was in LA. Maybe it was the difference in the style of play between the Kings and the Penguins. Faster pace and being a little older he couldn't keep up. More suited to the slower pace the Kings play at. Who knows? Maybe he just got his money and figured he could coast on his 2 championships.

Ox

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really surprising to me. He played so steady and well while he was in LA. Maybe it was the difference in the style of play between the Kings and the Penguins. Faster pace and being a little older he couldn't keep up. More suited to the slower pace the Kings play at. Who knows? Maybe he just got his money and figured he could coast on his 2 championships.

Ox

It's really unfortunate, was really excited to have him back, but he seems to be just a shadow of his former self now.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really unfortunate, was really excited to have him back, but he seems to be just a shadow of his former self now.

That's too bad. He was a very important signing early on, coming over before the team was good. He was steady, a class act, and a great role model and excellent teacher for the young guys. He was especially important in the 2012 Cup run

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He started to show that his last season here, I didn't think he was going to be retained when his contract expired in LA. Regehr was essentially his replacement (LH SAH defender).

He was an extremely important signing for the Kings when it happened in 2009, and he was nothing short of huge for LA the first 3 years here (which includes the Cup season). You could really see his game slipping that last little while however.

I read somewhere when he signed with Pittsburgh that family was the biggest reason why he went back. His family is from NY, and he said his dad couldn't stay up to watch Kings games since they start at 10:30pm EST most nights and he wanted to make it easier for everyone since he has family (or had some connection to) the tri-state area there of NY, PA and NJ which made it easier on his entire family from his kids to folks to in-laws.

Class act, very thankful for what he provided here in terms of leadership and play. I remember some folks - specifically Ducks fans - laughing that Dumbo gave him a 4 year/$13.6 million, which really was simply in line for a SAH defender but he earned every penny of that here.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show that time catches up with us all.