• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Regarding LeBron

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was a discussion posted on ESPN where it was being argued whether fans were expecting too much from LeBron.

are these guys serious? how many times are they going to baby this guy and make excuses for him?

the guy formed a superteam with his buddies in Miami and only managed 2 rings from that endeavor ( when other guys have done better with less- see MJ ). then he ditches Miami to go back to the Cavs after they have stockpiled players from the lottery after he bolted and formed yet another superteam with Kyrie and Love, and they are still making excuses for this guy.

their infatuation with this guy just boggles the mind.

I still find it laughable that they consider him the greatest in the game when he can only manage to win rings when he is surrounded by a couple of other superstars.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guys has had more help than any star in league history and yet there are always excuses

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call what he has in Cleveland a lot of help. He has two one-dimensional "co-stars" in Kyrie and Love. The rest is a bunch of role players at best.

No excuses for his time in Miami, and he didn't need any (4 finals, 2 rings in 4 years).

Any high expectations for Lebron are based on his hype since high school and his own stupid proclamations (not 3, not 4, not....)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guys has had more help than any star in league history and yet there are always excuses

So LeBron has had more help than Larry Bird who had HOFers McHale, Parish (traded for) & Johnson (traded for) along w/ '81 Finals MVP Maxwell as teammates? Or Magic who had HOFers KAJ (traded for) & Worthy along w/ Cooper & Scott? Or Thomas who had HOFers Dumars & Rodman along w/ Aguirre (traded for) & Johnson? And yes LeBron jumped ship (unlike the other players I mentioned) but that doesn't mean he's had more help than anyone ever.

Also LeBron has never had the caliber of HC (and probably never will) of Phil Jackson, Chuck Daly or Pat Riley. *Hell I'd probably put Bird's former HC KC Jones ahead of Spo on the all time coaching list right now.*

*I might be a bit biased though*

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LeBron has had more help than Larry Bird who had HOFers McHale, Parish (traded for) & Johnson (traded for) along w/ '81 Finals MVP Maxwell as teammates? Or Magic who had HOFers KAJ (traded for) & Worthy along w/ Cooper & Scott? Or Thomas who had HOFers Dumars & Rodman along w/ Aguirre (traded for) & Johnson? And yes LeBron jumped ship (unlike the other players I mentioned) but that doesn't mean he's had more help than anyone ever.

Also LeBron has never had the caliber of HC (and probably never will) of Phil Jackson, Chuck Daly or Pat Riley. *Hell I'd probably put Bird's former HC KC Jones ahead of Spo on the all time coaching list right now.*

He
LeBron has had plenty of talent around him to win K Love and Kyrie were all star talent around him. He had Wade and Bosh in Miami. He has had enough talent to have won more championships. Stop making excuses.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He
LeBron has had plenty of talent around him to win K Love and Kyrie were all star talent around him. He had Wade and Bosh in Miami. He has had enough talent to have won more championships. Stop making excuses.

Not making excuses, stating a fact. There's a difference between facts & excuses. And don't call me a Cavs fan because of that comment, I'm a Celtics fan. My point was shaqdaddy11 said no other star players have had the talent around them that LeBron has had. Which is incorrect.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had Riley, just filtered through his puppet Spo.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

outside of Kareem ( who was arguably a HOFer before Magic got there ), Magics helped make those players what they were. Same goes for Thomas and Bird.

LeBron's problem is he doesn't make his teammates better, which is why he needs to be surrounded by all star players in order to have success because he doesn't bring the best out in his teammates. He is not the leader those other players were.

the guy has tremendous talent, but he just seems to lack the heart those other greats had. I think he skates way too much on his talent/officiating bias.

the guy was complaining just a week or so ago about getting hacked and not getting flagrant fouls called. dude needs to watch some Kobe and Shaq games and watch how much those two got mugged with no calls before complaining.

plus, the guy gets away with so much offensively and defensively. he's fouled out in like 3 games his whole career. I'm sorry, but nobody is that good defensively and he gets away with alot of offensive stuff that should be called. the guy is never in foul trouble, and that is officiating bias.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was LeBron in the 4th when it mattered the most?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was LeBron in the 4th when it mattered the most?

Melting down on Draymond and Steph, then driving for 2 with time running out and the Warriors hitting all of their free throws.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Lue is complaining LeBron isn't getting calls.

Hey Lue! Considering you played with the Lakers and Shaquille, do you remember Phil complaining about the lack of calls on Shaquille? You don't? Me neither.

Because he didn't do that. And Shaquille got mugged 10x's more than your boy LeBron. Quit complaining and tell LeBron to start playing like the King he proclaimed himself to be.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand the criticism of the "superteam"

A championship is a championship in my book
If the Sixers could assemble a bunch of HOFers and they won the championship sign me up for that
The champagne would not taste any different to me

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand the criticism of the "superteam"

A championship is a championship in my book
If the Sixers could assemble a bunch of HOFers and they won the championship sign me up for that
The champagne would not taste any different to me

It's not so much about forming a "superteam." It's more about how it was done. It would be pretty hypocritical for Lakers fans to criticize another franchise for forming a "superteam" considering the fact that we had the Showtime Lakers and the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. There is, however, a big difference in the way those teams were formed compared to what Lebron did to form "superteams" with the Heat and Cavs.