• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Playoff Officiating

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really off topic because it has affected Kings games also but it's not directed at them this time. Watching the Boston/Montreal and the calls and non-calls have been terrible. The League needs to do something about the officiating next season in my estimation. Don't know what they can do but they need to do something. Maybe let the linesmen make calls too. Make them all refs with different responsibilities during the game. Maybe give the linesmen a single orange armband. I don't know but I just think the officiating in these playoffs have been horrible to say the least.

Ox

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like every year it is a little worse. I understand it is a fast game and their will be errors. I get that we at home can see replays and different angles. There was a lot of resistance to two refs at first but you might be right, make all the on ice officials responsible.
On a side note I think the league needs to come down on diving. It makes the refs job even harder. There are already rules for diving including fines and suspentions. Maybe they feel the punishment is too harsh. If they spent one year reviewing every game for dives stated fining/ suspending guys after the fact it would cut way down on the stupidity we sometimes see.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs are out of control. A ref born in Montreal should not be reffing a Montreal game. Any city but the Montreal.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Jackson no bad calls

Last edited by a moderator:

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash