• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How 'bout dem Bearcats!

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up 18, inside a minute, at Memphis!

Justin Jackson is blocking everything!

Can't believe this is the same bunch that got blown out by X!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson has really taken off since that XU game. Seems he realizes that this team needs his scoring inside, and he's responded.

The improvement of the freshmen Caupain, Johnson, Lawrence and the continued improvement of Sanders and Thomas are pushing this team forward. I love the talent at the sophmore/freshman level. It's probably the deepest talent at this level since Statterfield, Leonard, Logan, Johnson were playing with Kenyon and Tate.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game at the bar and was not disappointed. Had to update BCD as he was at work....poor bastard.

Jackson is a beast.

Kilpatrick needs to assert himself more in the 1st half of games.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, a huge key has been the defense of Caupain and Johnson. The only reason they can get into the game is because these guys can play defense, which is not easy for a lot of freshmen to do coming in.

Jackson is a beast. A machine. He now believes that he can finish and it is showing. The added weight and muscle has taken him to a new level and his confidence is sky high.

They have a solid foundationg coming up. Easily the best in Cronin's tenure as HC.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to question some things about Mick's recruiting, but he sure does teach team defense.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to question some things about Mick's recruiting, but he sure does teach team defense.....

Agreed. Would love to have seen less JUCO's from Senegal or Africa, or whever, especially when they've only played ball for 3-5 years...

I'd also like to see him recruit a pure scorer/shooter. Someone who is like a field williams type guy that can simply come in off the bench and kick some 3's or get some instant offense.

But, the defensive ability of Johnson and Caupain this year has been incredible. Usually Cronin is one of those coaches that just doesn't play freshmen because they typically can't defend. These guys are busting that mold.

Plus, I will freely admit, I have a man-crush on Caupain. Dude is just flat out a solid PG. I'm excited to see how much he grows. He shows flashes of scoring, passing, defense, and even gets in there and rebounds. It's been a long time since the Bearcats have had a PG that can really do all those things, and is showing that as a freshman.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a solid future at the guard positions with Caupain and Johnson. Guyn sucks though. Pretty sad when the freshmen are better defenders than a guy with two years in Mick's system.

I just cannot believe how much better Jackson is, even from early December. It's like the light finally came on.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Not a fan of Guyn, and agreed. At 2+ years experience, you shouldn't be giving away a lot of time to a freshman. Of course, Caupain has played exceptionally well, so that doesn't help Guyn, either.

As for Jackson, agreed. I think he finally realized after they lost, that it's up to him to support the post play. There isn't another "big" on this team that is going to get playing time in the post. If it's not him forcing teams to come down and play post defense, the rest of the guys/offense is going to suffer.

And you just see his confidence growing and growing. A big, big part of his game right now. Putting it all together and then also believing that you can do it. Really happy for him, because he's a likeable guy/player to follow.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rubles could shoot we'd be real dangerous. He can play D and rebound, but that fucker can not shoot AT ALL. He's terrified to even attempt a shot.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rubles could shoot we'd be real dangerous. He can play D and rebound, but that fucker can not shoot AT ALL. He's terrified to even attempt a shot.

His three point push shot is hilarious. A historic bricklayer.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least he realizes this, and is shooting less this year.

It's amazing he doesn't drive to the hoop more. He's fast, and has a good shot-fake. That needs to be the set-up for him driving to the basket.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he realizes this, and is shooting less this year.

It's amazing he doesn't drive to the hoop more. He's fast, and has a good shot-fake. That needs to be the set-up for him driving to the basket.

Doesn't help, he can't make a layup.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't help, he can't make a layup.

Still a higher % shot...even if the % of change only goes from 20% to 30% chance of making it....

Besides, if guys like Caupain, Jackson, and Thomas can continue to contribute on offense, you can have that 1 guy that does the dirty work and only gets you 6-8 points a game. Kind of like JaQuan Parker.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubles' defense and rebounding make up for his pathetic shooting. As long as he doesn't shoot from outside he is an asset.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubles' defense and rebounding make up for his pathetic shooting. As long as he doesn't shoot from outside he is an asset.

I'd rather see Lawrence get more time

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Lawrence get more time

Mick seems to be bringing him along slowly, but he has shown flashes so I agree. 20-25 minutes per game and he might score in double figures. But Mick won't give him that much time unless his defense gets better.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images