• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
after seeing the new movie with my wife (saw Empire Strikes Bank long time ago, no interest since) and kid (never seen any of them before)
my wife bought the entire set, and we watched 4,5,6 today.
kid wanted to start 1,2,3 as well, but I wanted them to let the good ones sink in for a bit before getting into the shitty movies

I may just keep this family yet.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after seeing the new movie with my wife (saw Empire Strikes Bank long time ago, no interest since) and kid (never seen any of them before)
my wife bought the entire set, and we watched 4,5,6 today.
kid wanted to start 1,2,3 as well, but I wanted them to let the good ones sink in for a bit before getting into the shitty movies

I may just keep this family yet.
Any comments on ewoks?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the kid loved them of course.
that whole muppet band performing infront of Jabba got a well deserved eyeroll from the wife though.
They are keepers! Congrats!

I have a movie theater about a half mile from work. I think about going at 12 one day to see the first 45 minutes, 12:45 the next to see the next 45, then go see the rest the third day.

I hated the prequels so I didn't plan to see this one, but I want to more and more.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Force Awakens was aboslutely awesome. I loved the entire movie, great way to start the next trilogy!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Worked through 1,2,3 yesterday.
Now we just need to watch 4,5,6 again to get the story in order, and the wife even said she wanted to go see 7 again now that she has context.

I have brought them to the dark side.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the prequels so I didn't plan to see this one, but I want to more and more.

Yeah you definitely don't want to let your understandable hatred for the prequels stop you from seeing this movie. It's not as good as the originals but its a lot closer to being as good as the originals than as bad as the prequels.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, did nobody else realize that this is literally the first movie with new names and faces?

Saw it yesterday and yeah, that occurred to me repeatedly during the movie. Scene for scene, same thing.

Still thoroughly enjoyed it though.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it yesterday and yeah, that occurred to me repeatedly during the movie. Scene for scene, same thing.

Still thoroughly enjoyed it though.
It was okay. I wouldn't have paid to see it had Big Short not been sold out when I went.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this guy has written what would have been a fantastic third episode of Star Wars...

Maybe Disney can redo the "prequels?" ;)

Saw this a few weeks ago along with the accompanying storylines for 1 and 2. They are definitely worth the watch.

Oddly enough, I've always argued that the storyline for the prequels wasn't that bad. It was simply the CGI, cheezy characters, cheezy diologue, acting etc. I still believe the prequels actually told a decent story, but this guy's story is even better

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this a few weeks ago along with the accompanying storylines for 1 and 2. They are definitely worth the watch.

Oddly enough, I've always argued that the storyline for the prequels wasn't that bad. It was simply the CGI, cheezy characters, cheezy diologue, acting etc. I still believe the prequels actually told a decent story, but this guy's story is even better

I agree, J. It wasn't that bad, but I think in addition to your criticisms, this guy makes a couple really good points...
(1) we aren't sad at the loss of the Ani-Obi relationship or surprised because they never really got along
(2) we aren't scared or dazzled by Ani's powers in the prequels because he's off babysitting half the time or shown as basically a whiny teenager, so naturally his anger and his love don't seem real

It's unfortunate, I didn't hate the prequels, but they're just average films. Whereas I really want to see the movies this guy is describing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the prequels were terrible for those reasons. The CGI was unforgivable, it really was awful so much that it distracted me from the horrible acting, dialogue, and story. An Industrial Light & Magic film should have good effects IMO.

Ewan McGregor was very good and deserved better.

My least favorite part was the prequels destroyed one of the best villains in movie history.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, J. It wasn't that bad, but I think in addition to your criticisms, this guy makes a couple really good points...
(1) we aren't sad at the loss of the Ani-Obi relationship or surprised because they never really got along
(2) we aren't scared or dazzled by Ani's powers in the prequels because he's off babysitting half the time or shown as basically a whiny teenager, so naturally his anger and his love don't seem real

It's unfortunate, I didn't hate the prequels, but they're just average films. Whereas I really want to see the movies this guy is describing.

I also like the fact that Darth Maul lived longer and for the most part replace Dount Dooku. No offence to Chistopher Lee but Darth Maul was way more marketable. Dooku could have played a Tarkin like character to Darth Maul.

I also liked that how he wanted to sub Alderan for Naboo for a lot of scenes (referring to his -re-writing of episodes 1-3). It would have made a lot of sense for the audience to have some kind of emotional attachment to Aldean. Not to mention Senator Organa who would raise Leia as well as Uncle Owen.

I also liked that his story worked whether you watched the movies in order of release or chronological order. I haven't seen them in a while but I'm pretty sure his version of the first 2 movies were the bait (Obi-Wan turns to the dark side) and the 3rd one was the switch (Anakin kills Darth Maul at Palpetine's request).