• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Anyone see Richard Sherman go off on Skip Bayless?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Sherman got caught taking Adderall, his been talking out of his ass.

Sherman needs his ADHD medication.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first goal is to make first team all pro...not win a Superbowl. This guy is one of the most selfish athletes I have ever seen. Regardless of Skip... why bring yourself to that level if you think so lowly of him? He just came to talk... not to listen or debate. Just to hear himself talk.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cracking up because someone out there can actually keep Stephen A Smith relatively quiet.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Something that I don't think has been mentioned yet or even speculated on is I think a part of what people saw in that segment or segements was that Sherman just seemed to be in an overall terrible mood for some reason or another. He looked visibly tired and worn out from the start to me. Almost like he didn't care to be there. Based on what I've seen of him, he's usually not QUITE that sour.

Still, with Sherman there's always a chance for the somewhat childish and overly reactionary side that can come out where he is prone to say some pretty dumb, emotional things (like most athletes have a propensity to do), but I think in that instance you could also see that he was just in a salty, bad, and/or tired mood from the get go. Look at his mannerisms and face compared to what you usually see with him if you can find other clips of him in interviews. Something was not right/usual with him even when he felt provoked.

I thought once they took the break and came back you could see Sherman's other side towards the end. The side that is a bit more well spoken and thoughtful. Certainly more well spoken and thoughtful than most athletes can be. You could see his intelligence start to come through a little bit more once they came back after he calmed down.

I wondered to myself when I watched it shortly after it aired how much the producers kind of had to talk to him to get him back on track so the segment didn't totally derail.

Anyways, those are just my two cents on the issue.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate them both, Skip Bayless is an absolute joke and I actually agree with most of what Sherman said. Sherman is an extremely talented young player and one of the best CB's in the league but I can't stand him, he has a big mouth and talks trash to try to make himself famous.

I can tolerate Skip. But Richard, I really dislike that guy!!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My background is in debate and rhetorical discourse. Skip isn't going to crush a guest on his own show because he understands that if he embarrasses him like Sherman was trying to do to Skip, he would have a hard time booking guests for the show. With that being said, if that were ME debating Sherman, I would have crushed him. I would have pressed harder on the Revis vs. Sherman comparisons. I would have brought up his Adderall test and his need for performance enhancers, his hands on play that have earned him the reputation of a CB hack, and his disregard for the FACTS. Love him or hate him, Skip is pretty well accomplished. He does a remarkable job of playing the role of journalistic heel, much like WWE, and there is a reason why he continues to be on the evil 4-letter.

Sherman is a bitch. I hate how he plays. I hate how much he talks. I hate the arrogance. Guys like Ali and Gary Payton talked to motivate themselves and sell a brand. Sherman talks as if to prove something...and I cannot wait for the NFL to start growing the balls to blow the whistle every time they SHOULD on this clown so he can no longer claim to be an All-Pro.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit i do like to watch certain topics. I agree with almost nothing Skip Bayless says. I will admit i watch it for entertainment value and I do like some points Stephen A. Smith will bring up on occasion, but Richard Sherman looks very selfish and egotistical in that interview. I have lost all respect for Sherman after this. His comment about achieving All-Pro honors as his goal is ridiculous. I guess winning a Super Bowl isn't important to him. I wonder what Harbaugh thinks of him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Unfortunately, destroying someone like that in a debate (which Skip did) doesn't do anything because the more you prove people like that wrong the more BS spills out of their suck holes. There's really no use trying to talk to them; you just have to state your position and tell them to go away.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually glad someone gave Bayless some of his own medicine. Bayless is loud and obnoxious and his opinions are usually crap.

I think Sherman just went on this show to do that.

I don't think he gave anyone any "medicine". He loooked so uncomfortable and was so inarticulate that he made himself look like a fool. Almost seemed like he was drunk or on some kind of medication himself.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he gave anyone any "medicine". He loooked so uncomfortable and was so inarticulate that he made himself look like a fool. Almost seemed like he was drunk or on some kind of medication himself.

Adderall?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since Sherman got caught taking Adderall, his been talking out of his ass.

Sherman needs his ADHD medication.

Maybe that is why he is doing it... the conversation has steered mostly towards the idiotic things he is saying/doing and away from getting caught using a banned substance.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
betteratlifeshirt_20130311120358454_600_400.JPG

They made T-shirts about this

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is obviously a great school and typically you're very smart if you get there on academic credentials... but if you get there on a football scholarship and get a bullshit degree in Communications that is pretty lame to act like you're some sort of intellectual.

If he were just a regular guy they'd be like oh wow you went to Stanford? What was your major? Oh. Communications? That's nice.

Well, he did attend Stanfurd...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, he did attend Stanfurd...

Sherman just strikes me as one of those look-down-your-nose college guys whose ass was kissed by everyone at that school including his professors because they were sycophants.

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for this guy to completely fall on his face!!!!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that I don't think has been mentioned yet or even speculated on is I think a part of what people saw in that segment or segements was that Sherman just seemed to be in an overall terrible mood for some reason or another. He looked visibly tired and worn out from the start to me. Almost like he didn't care to be there. Based on what I've seen of him, he's usually not QUITE that sour.

Still, with Sherman there's always a chance for the somewhat childish and overly reactionary side that can come out where he is prone to say some pretty dumb, emotional things (like most athletes have a propensity to do), but I think in that instance you could also see that he was just in a salty, bad, and/or tired mood from the get go. Look at his mannerisms and face compared to what you usually see with him if you can find other clips of him in interviews. Something was not right/usual with him even when he felt provoked.

I thought once they took the break and came back you could see Sherman's other side towards the end. The side that is a bit more well spoken and thoughtful. Certainly more well spoken and thoughtful than most athletes can be. You could see his intelligence start to come through a little bit more once they came back after he calmed down.

I wondered to myself when I watched it shortly after it aired how much the producers kind of had to talk to him to get him back on track so the segment didn't totally derail.

Anyways, those are just my two cents on the issue.

That could be true, but at the same time, where is his professionalism? We all have to suck it up and bite our tongue almost daily for just our day to day jobs. This clown can't even do it on national television when he is trying to promote for a charity or helping the kids or whatever? See, I can't even remember from watching it what that was about because he took all the attention away from that positive and turned it negative and nobody remembers that.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. I'd love to see him make a pick, then get demolished by Iupati, and lose the ball. Guy talks a lot shit and plays for what has become our biggest rival.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This...
and also,

That was a display of poor character even if you disagree with Skip or dislike him....

Geez, better at life than Skip and you are 24? Who raised this clown?

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That could be true, but at the same time, where is his professionalism? We all have to suck it up and bite our tongue almost daily for just our day to day jobs. This clown can't even do it on national television when he is trying to promote for a charity or helping the kids or whatever? See, I can't even remember from watching it what that was about because he took all the attention away from that positive and turned it negative and nobody remembers that.

This 2.....