• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Anyone see Richard Sherman go off on Skip Bayless?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll include the meat of the PFT article for those who don't want to watch it.

“Skip, whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate, because those are some accomplishments you will never — you can aspire to, you will never accomplish,” Sherman said, right out of the gates. “You have never accomplished anything.”

Bayless wasn’t about to back down. “I think I’ve accomplished more in my field than you have in yours,” Bayless said.

“I’m at the top of my field,” Sherman declared. “I’m All-Pro. I’m one of the best 22 players in the NFL. You’re gonna brush it off. But I don’t think you’re the best 22 anything. In sports, in media, in anything. I think you think more of yourself than you can actually prove. In my 24 years of life, I’m better at life than you.”

“I’m better than you,” Sherman said.Later, Sherman said that Bayless is an “ignorant, pompous, egotistical cretin, and I’m gonna crush you on here in front of everybody, because I’m tired of hearing about it.”

For as bad as the words, the delivery was worse. Sherman displayed no charisma, which often is the difference between words being perceived as humorously brash and insufferably rude.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How can you not be a fan of Sherman (To: The people who aren't)

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to watch it. But I read some of the quotes on PFT and Twitter. I thought Sherman usually handled himself with class off the field, but apparently not. This was wayyy over the top, IMO. When you make SKIP BAYLESS seem like a victim, that's really saying something.

Richard Sherman takes his swings at Skip Bayless | ProFootballTalk

"I'm Better At Life Than You": Richard Sherman Craps All Over Skip Bayless On First Take

I watched it... Richard seems to be a smart guy but dude needs to know when to pick his battle and know when to shut up.

On a side note First Take is a garbage program whose only objective is to be confrontational and produce shit like this to get people to watch it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit I do not like Skip. But this is ridiculous, he embarrassed himself. :shocked:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read about it. I also refuse to watch that show. Seems pretty hilarious. Sherman sounds like a punk, though, for refusing to answer the question about Revis.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate them both, Skip Bayless is an absolute joke and I actually agree with most of what Sherman said. Sherman is an extremely talented young player and one of the best CB's in the league but I can't stand him, he has a big mouth and talks trash to try to make himself famous.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate them both, Skip Bayless is an absolute joke and I actually agree with most of what Sherman said. Sherman is an extremely talented young player and one of the best CB's in the league but I can't stand him, he has a big mouth and talks trash to try to make himself famous.

That show is pure garbage. Stephen A. and Skip are pure garbage. They do not deserve to be called journalists. So yeah, Sherman is right about most of what he said.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Stanford Grad watching that video is tweeting Dipshit Sherman and telling him to STFU! That was NOT a glowing endorsement for Stanford academia.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Stanford Grad watching that video is tweeting Dipshit Sherman and telling him to STFU! That was NOT a glowing endorsement for Stanford academia.

I don't know why though. First take is an absolute joke of the show and they bash athletes for a living, it is about time that someone (other than Suggs) goes on there and bashes them back. Even though I hate Sherman, he wasn't wrong.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll include the meat of the PFT article for those who don't want to watch it.

“Skip, whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate, because those are some accomplishments you will never — you can aspire to, you will never accomplish,” Sherman said, right out of the gates. “You have never accomplished anything.”

Bayless wasn’t about to back down. “I think I’ve accomplished more in my field than you have in yours,” Bayless said.

“I’m at the top of my field,” Sherman declared. “I’m All-Pro. I’m one of the best 22 players in the NFL. You’re gonna brush it off. But I don’t think you’re the best 22 anything. In sports, in media, in anything. I think you think more of yourself than you can actually prove. In my 24 years of life, I’m better at life than you.”

“I’m better than you,” Sherman said.Later, Sherman said that Bayless is an “ignorant, pompous, egotistical cretin, and I’m gonna crush you on here in front of everybody, because I’m tired of hearing about it.”

For as bad as the words, the delivery was worse. Sherman displayed no charisma, which often is the difference between words being perceived as humorously brash and insufferably rude.

the only thing skip bayless accomplished in his career is being an idiot. not much for sherman to top. heck i think kyle williams has accomplished more as a kick returner than skip bayless has in media...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why though. First take is an absolute joke of the show and they bash athletes for a living, it is about time that someone (other than Suggs) goes on there and bashes them back. Even though I hate Sherman, he wasn't wrong.

What's interesting is, for many, which side you land on in this debate is likely the side you hate the least.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is obviously a great school and typically you're very smart if you get there on academic credentials... but if you get there on a football scholarship and get a bullshit degree in Communications that is pretty lame to act like you're some sort of intellectual.

If he were just a regular guy they'd be like oh wow you went to Stanford? What was your major? Oh. Communications? That's nice.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is, for many, which side you land on in this debate is likely the side you hate the least.

Lol I hate them both. I can respect Sheman in this situation (I usually hate his bs and want him to shut his mouth) because Skip has basically made his career off of trash talking athletes, I just think it is interesting to see someone give him a taste of his own medicine.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he would have had a better point if he left the Stanford thing out of his argument.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering why Sherman would even go on the show if he was just going on to insult skip, but then he pretty much answered that by going on just to insult the guy. Looks like his communication degree was successful though, he was pretty good in front of the camera and can use that degree like so many others to be a sportscaster when he leaves the NFL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Skip is a jackass, but Sherman is too. This is ridiculous. He comes off as highly insecure, ironically enough.

Skip does make a good point about not just letting the numbers speak for themselves, though.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this, I hate Bayless. Absolutely.

And he dominated that conversation. Sherman looked like a child in that conversation once Bayless decided to take the gloves off.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Skip, but in my mind Sherman is becoming more of a jackass every time he talks. He has Floyd Mayweather syndrome. It seems like he NEEDS to talk himself up to cover insecurities. You could hear it in how he talks too, he doesn't even sound confidant.

I love shit talkers like Ali. He did it in an over the top, bullshitting manner. He was a showman, but some people talk shit to make themselves feel better. When you start throwing your accomplishments in peoples faces, you are just a douche bag.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I always say I could go on in a discussion for about an hour and a half just on ESPN and/or that show alone, but all I want to reiterate right now again is that they wrecked that show. Ahh, I wanted to stop at that but I can't. I just can't.

That show is another thing in sports that ended up getting changed to fit the every day, run-of-the-mill, emotional, common fan that loves emotion in sports debate. The type of conversation and banter that is becoming so popular these days. Everything has to be ranked, slotted, judged, scored, or measured. The demographic ESPN seems to be targeting most now are the ones that love debates chalk full of emotion than just about anything else like actual facts, sound logic, and reason.

That whole "Who We Got Wednesday" deal they have is one of the biggest jokes on any channel for sports. It started off as bringing in rappers, for the most part, who obviously are not well read or really all that well spoken and are only on there so predominately every day, run of the mill, emotional, common fans watch because they generate the type of debate that those kinds of fans can relate to.

There used to be a time when a good percentage of the people they brought on were actually somewhat to very credible in the sport or sports they were asked to speak. People who could stick to the subject without getting all emotional and throwing around jabs at each other or something that just stirs up emotion.

It never used to be as prerehearsed as it seems to be now. The people on the show, again usually Skip and SAS, pretty much know ahead of time where both men are going to go in their arguments and have so much of it planned out ahead of time. Stuff that'll get people all wound up and talking on twitter or facebook or what not. All of that hurts the overall quality in my opinion.

There are so many more things I could say on the type of topics they discuss and the things in other sports they seem to not have a desire to talk about anymore, but I'll refrain from that because that could get pretty long and right now I couldn't explain it as well as I would like to.

I'd love to hit on many more topics with that show but I must go now and finally get some rest.