• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osweiler the starter

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone already shared this, but saw a report today that Elway tried to trade Osweiler last year and was willing to take a 6th round pick for him... Nobody took the offer up.

Could be a rumor but if so not a great endorsement for his future here.

If that is true, a lot has changed, most importantly, the entire coaching staff and the way the offense is run . .

Even if it is true - which is questionable - where was this report on 2014 ? ... It is so easy to bring these things out close to 2 years after the fact ..

With Gase and Fox long gone and Manning absolutely not coming back next year, I think it is safe to say that the Kubiak offense is going to be run by Oz, unless the bottom falls out in the next 6 games

I don't think we could have asked for anything more in today's game ..

It has been a long time since we've seen a QB in Bronco uniform step up and play confident in a pressure situation

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler is tall, to say the least ... His height really came into perspective when he was standing on the sideline with Demaryius - - DT looked a good head shorter

Fouts kept talking about the trajectory of Oz's passes - some coming on a downward angle ..

I bring this up because what is impressive is that he doesn't play off balance, as you might expect a guy 6'8" to do ... He isn't awkward moving around - he looks natural ..

( not to mention his wife was very easy on the eyes up there in the stands ;)

View attachment 54960
Damn he's got a bucket head

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l don't blame you? image hanging out with her on a regular basis like I do . I thought she'd make a great avatar. I guess I should ask her if she's ok with me posting it lol.

She is the sweetest too.
Your a lucky man Sir! :) And no disrespect intended.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone already shared this, but saw a report today that Elway tried to trade Osweiler last year and was willing to take a 6th round pick for him... Nobody took the offer up.

Could be a rumor but if so not a great endorsement for his future here.

I believe the technical name for that is bullpucky.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a lucky man Sir! :) And no disrespect intended.

Its fine I hope my heart can take it when we go to open swim in a few weeks :). The neat thing is she is as pretty on the inside as on the outside rare indeed. Her only flaw she hates football.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fine I hope my heart can take it when we go to open swim in a few weeks :). The neat thing is she is as pretty on the inside as on the outside rare indeed. Her only flaw she hates football.

You need to convert her - which is probably easier than some conversions I have attempted - after all this is the Denver Broncos and they are irresistible.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paul, if your heart made it thru the end of Sleepaway Camp, I think you're good to go

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the play calling, and Oz's play today. I also loved that it seemed to piss off Fouts, that fat bearded sack of minced fart sounds.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak calls him Brockweiler

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just shuddered thinking of Sleepaway Camp. Not enough bleach for my eyeballs

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Osweiler the ball the rest of the season. One, there is no way the Broncos make it through the playoffs with Manning. I think physically he is just not up to the task and there is nothing he has shown this season that makes anyone believe he can get his mojo back. I also think as the season enters into the coldest part of the year, Manning's short comings will become even more glaring. If he has no feeling in his finger tips now, what will happen during very cold games? I think the Denver defense can do enough to carry the Broncos with Osweiler at QB, and set themselves up very nicely for a run next year.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, there wasn't enough from this game to annoint Osweiler. I agree that Peyton should not start again until he is 99%.

For me, I see Denver finishing 11-5 with Osweiler. Which is good enough for the regular season, but in the Playoffs I do not expect a deep run.

Osweiler's pocket presence wasn't that good. If the run game didn't work, I am not sure if Osweiler could win it.
I look forward to seeing the reactions after the New England game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, there wasn't enough from this game to annoint Osweiler. I agree that Peyton should not start again until he is 99%.

For me, I see Denver finishing 11-5 with Osweiler. Which is good enough for the regular season, but in the Playoffs I do not expect a deep run.

Osweiler's pocket presence wasn't that good. If the run game didn't work, I am not sure if Osweiler could win it.
I look forward to seeing the reactions after the New England game.

To me though that pocket presence side of the game comes with experience. I agree he panicked too quickly a couple of times and was looking for the lane to escape and take off running taking his eyes off throwing the ball down field. The more experience he gets and for the OL as well of what to expect from Osweiler and that should improve.

I do agree also though we can't judge too much just from one game either way. If he had a terrible game I don't think we could say "Time for Manning to come back." So just have to play some wait and see. The NE game should be a huge test to see where this team is and what we will need to do over the final 5 weeks of the season to get ready for the playoffs if we stand any kind of chance of winning it all this year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Osweiler the ball the rest of the season. One, there is no way the Broncos make it through the playoffs with Manning. I think physically he is just not up to the task and there is nothing he has shown this season that makes anyone believe he can get his mojo back. I also think as the season enters into the coldest part of the year, Manning's short comings will become even more glaring. If he has no feeling in his finger tips now, what will happen during very cold games? I think the Denver defense can do enough to carry the Broncos with Osweiler at QB, and set themselves up very nicely for a run next year.

this is probably true and even though I don't like it great post by a fan of another ..TY