• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oreskovich recalled

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Masie hurt worse than just a 'stinger'? :frusty:
If they just needed meat in the line-up, Anaheim was the game for that.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this must mean Bieksa is on LTIR because there was no cap room to recall Oreskovich

Ian MacIntyre says Raymond will be game time decision tomorrow

yup to LTIR for bieksa

PHOENIX — New Canuck Chris Higgins isn't the only winger joining the team here, as Vancouver has recalled minor-leaguer Victor Oreskovich in case Mason Raymond is unable to play Tuesday due to a sore shoulder.

“Mason will be a game-time decision,” Canucks assistant general manager Laurence Gilman said as players enjoyed a day off today. “We don't think it's serious, but we want to have Victor ready to go if Mason doesn't play.”

Raymond was unable to finish Sunday's 3-0 win against the Anaheim Ducks after absorbing a hit to his shoulder. Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said then that the left-winger appeared to suffer only a “stinger” and should be okay.

The recall of Oreskovich, who was returned to the Manitoba Moose with the acquisition of Higgins from the Florida Panthers a week ago, means that injured defenceman Kevin Bieksa has been placed on long-term injured reserve and will be ineligible to play until Saturday in Calgary.

Bieksa's recovery from a broken foot had gone well enough that Vigneault said last week he hoped the defenceman would accompany Higgins to Phoenix. A fractured thumb has kept Higgins from making his Canucks debut.

Higgins will skate with the Canucks Tuesday morning, practise with the team Wednesday and possibly play against the San Jose Sharks on Thursday.

Ironically, Raymond was one of the forwards Higgins was expected to push for playing time.

The decision not to bring Bieksa to Phoenix was made before Raymond was hurt.

“There has been no setback,” general manager Mike Gillis said Sunday of Bieksa. “It has been only three weeks since his injury and that's just not enough time for it to fully heal.”

With no cap space available to accommodate Oreskovich's $575,000 salary, the Canucks placed Bieksa on LTIR to free up the defenceman's $3.75-million salary.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...ggins+aboard/4396998/story.html#ixzz1Fwj9osec

Last edited by a moderator:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No more injuries please.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Oreskovich back down, so either Raymond or Higgins (or both?) should be OK for SJ tomorrow.

/Murph

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know how reliable cap geek is but i see they have Alberts, Sweatt, Bieksa and Edler now on LTIR so it would look like there wont be a Calgary flames type cap crunch should we get a couple of more injuries

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lines in practice today had Raymond on 2nd, Higgins on 4th,
and Tamby practicing w/ the D-men.

also, AV says Schneider get's the start in SJ

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tamby looked pretty good last game. I'd put him on the 4th with Higgins and Lapierre.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Oreskovich sent to Moose-county
presumably Samuelsson is back