• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregeron vs usc

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? Seems like a good fit. Although, they're looking really hard at Charlie Strong, and as loyal a guy as he is, he'd have a haaaard time saying no to that plum.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh please hire Orgeron. That would be just fine by me...

lol

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see it happening. I think what we are seeing right now is more of a product of Kiffin being gone then Orgerone being a great coach. Don't get me wrong, the guy is good, and is a really good recruiter. But I think USC needs to make a big splash with this hire. I bet they keep Orgerone on staff as recruiting coord.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Recruiting.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Recruiting.
Recruiting isn't the reason that is one of his strengths and even Hugh Freeze would probably acknowledge that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no issue with Coach O being our coach. He is beloved by everyone at USC from the players to the alumni, faculty, admins and fans. There is no denying the difference in the team since he took over.

Something I find funny is how when Kiffin was our coach and was bringing in top recruiting classes, many said, "it's not Kiffin, USC recruits itself". Now that he 's gone, we suddenly need to "make a splash" in who we hire because of recruiting.

Either way, I thing Coach O's job is safe since Pat Haden has said that if it is someone other than Coach O, the new coach will be strongly encouraged to keep Coach O.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Coach O said that if someone is hired, he would like to stay on as recruiting coordinator.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruiting isn't the reason that is one of his strengths and even Hugh Freeze would probably acknowledge that.

In Mississippi, but in California? I find it hard to believe he could recruit well there, but hell I could be wrong.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Coach O said that if someone is hired, he would like to stay on as recruiting coordinator.

Whoever the new coach may be, he would be very smart to keep Coach O on as recruiting coordinator. Including if Coach O is the new coach. He is an amazing recruiter. One of those guys that kids and their parents instantly like.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Mississippi, but in California? I find it hard to believe he could recruit well there, but hell I could be wrong.

He was recruiting coordinator for a while under Pete Carroll and was Kiffins recruiting coordinator and both Tennessee and USC. He'll be just fine when it comes to recruiting in California. He's one of the best there is.

He's also Cajun, so expect him to show up a bit in the South!!:whistle:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None bigger than Coach P up Norte and he seems to be on the fans "hot seat". I do like DelRio tho...guy plays defense and DAT I likey alot!

USC WILL ALWAYS have the hogs for that kinda play.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was recruiting coordinator for a while under Pete Carroll and was Kiffins recruiting coordinator and both Tennessee and USC. He'll be just fine when it comes to recruiting in California. He's one of the best there is.

He's also Cajun, so expect him to show up a bit in the South!!:whistle:

That Cajun is why I didn't think he would recruit well out there. Coordinating is one thing, meeting with parents with that accent is another.

But you guys seem to be pretty sure, so I'll take your words for it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cajun is why I didn't think he would recruit well out there. Coordinating is one thing, meeting with parents with that accent is another.

He's been the recruiting coordinator, but he actively recruits. I agree about the accent, he can actually be difficult to understand, especially when he gets excited, but everyone absolutely loves the guy.

At USC, he is truly the "square peg", but it works. Kids and their parents just fall in love with the guy and USC has never had a better "ambassador for the program".

I forget which game it was, but his players love him so much, they tried to carry him off the field after the game. He made them put him down though!!:lol:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno over the sanctions they have done pretty well in recruiting..obviously missed some big time recruits like deanthony Thomas...or was he running from snitching on gang bangers? who know...anyway they have reeled in several 5 stars from all over country over the sanctions is that kiffins doing or orgeron?

even still its what 90 days from signing day? if he gets the season before any other moves are made to hire someone else its then well into December. seems that could have a big impact on recruiting... bringing in a new coach with a month roughly to recruit could be a bad deal. probably lasting effect from not firing kiffin after sun bowl