• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Opening Game at Soldier Field 2015

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears schedule is brutal. A 5-11 record would be a feat in itself.

No high hopes here in Florida.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay played his best on primetime games virtually his entire time here… Especially MNF.

I am talking more for his diabetes control, if you people cared as much for his health as you do to protect his stats all the comments might hold some weight.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh cool, we should meet and grab a beer!

If I go, that is a deal.

Ima hafta wait to see the what tix cost or if I can find some for a decent price...we usually hit Seattle every time they are there, but now that the Hawks are "bigtime", tickets could be retarded.

C

cubzzzfanincali

StubHub starting out with like $275 for nosebleeds. It's the first home game for Seattle of the year, so it's going to be in some demand. I'm going to wait a couple months before we buy our tickets.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which do you fear more? Fans complaining about bad play, or the actual bad play?

Do I fear actual bad play? No... cause that can be fixed with good coaching...(which I think we have now) The first few games of a new coaching staff that is to be expected. Hopefully it's minimal and doesn't happen to many players.
I do fear/hate fan OVER reaction to said bad play EARLY in a season with new coaches/players... in Chicago that shit doesn't die down. IT'S VERY difficult for a player to shake a label. And it's a shame when that happens. I can't stand the fan that pisses and moans about 2-3 bad games early in a career or coaching change. Give them a chance is all I ask. Give them a chance to work out the kinks- and there will be some.

I would much rather discuss the game in a respectful and understanding manor. And don't want to have to defend against "THE STUPID"...such as when a team gives up 190+ rushing yards and 4+ straight drives in which the opponent scores touchdowns, without forcing a punt...and all the talk/blame is about the late desperation interception or fumble.
"the Stupid"... such as blanket statements of "Oh HE SUCKS!!" focusing on ONE play and not looking at the 60 other plays of stellar/above average plays.
"the Stupid"... such as passive aggressive message board comments filled with innuendo, dripping with sarcasm and backward thinking.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Jay is gonna text everybody instead of calling out shitty play in the locker room?

Still dont understand why the one veteran guy that called out poor effort is the bad guy when captains titles came with your juice box before the game. Oh, thats right, he flew to new york on his days off.....

You can't see that the "ME" first attitude of BM doing that show was poor leadership?
You can't see that calling your own 45 min press conference to "defend" yourself from domestic violence after your employer begged and told you not to, probably isn't a good idea?
You can't see that threatening to fight people on twitter was poor leadership?
You can't see that yelling and bitching in the LR brings teammates down not up?
You can't see that "interviewing" another coach asking if "I played for you..." is a conflict of interest while you're under contract for another team?

We've discussed Marshall's problems and reasons why he's not here anymore- you don't want to see it or believe it. You're loss. Get over it.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Do I fear actual bad play? No... cause that can be fixed with good coaching...(which I think we have now) The first few games of a new coaching staff that is to be expected. Hopefully it's minimal and doesn't happen to many players.
I do fear/hate fan OVER reaction to said bad play EARLY in a season with new coaches/players... in Chicago that shit doesn't die down. IT'S VERY difficult for a player to shake a label. And it's a shame when that happens. I can't stand the fan that pisses and moans about 2-3 bad games early in a career or coaching change. Give them a chance is all I ask. Give them a chance to work out the kinks- and there will be some.

I would much rather discuss the game in a respectful and understanding manor. And don't want to have to defend against "THE STUPID"...such as when a team gives up 190+ rushing yards and 4+ straight drives in which the opponent scores touchdowns, without forcing a punt...and all the talk/blame is about the late desperation interception or fumble.
"the Stupid"... such as blanket statements of "Oh HE SUCKS!!" focusing on ONE play and not looking at the 60 other plays of stellar/above average plays.
"the Stupid"... such as passive aggressive message board comments filled with innuendo, dripping with sarcasm and backward thinking.

So, basically you would rather the Bears play like shit on the field but have fans that are meek and accepting of it and don't criticize. Gotcha. Personally, I'd rather that they win a Super Bowl, all the while shoving it back in the faces of a whining, ingrate fanbase.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm just giving you a hard time Joey. Don't freak out. I get what you are saying, even though I don't agree with you.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't see that the "ME" first attitude of BM doing that show was poor leadership?
You can't see that calling your own 45 min press conference to "defend" yourself from domestic violence after your employer begged and told you not to, probably isn't a good idea?
You can't see that threatening to fight people on twitter was poor leadership?
You can't see that yelling and bitching in the LR brings teammates down not up?
You can't see that "interviewing" another coach asking if "I played for you..." is a conflict of interest while you're under contract for another team?

We've discussed Marshall's problems and reasons why he's not here anymore- you don't want to see it or believe it. You're loss. Get over it.

Harp on the off the field reasons, twitter fight was clearly a joke.

Team played like shit, nobody spoke up, team continued to play like shit, instead of manning up and looking in the mirror, the jaded players chose to band together and go against the one guy that had the balls to call them out. More times than not that rant in the locker room gets support by the next guy, then the next guy until they become the majority. This team just turned to a bunch of pity whores. There is a reason its called Man up.

Pussification of america. Glad to know you are on that side as well.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking more for his diabetes control, if you people cared as much for his health as you do to protect his stats all the comments might hold some weight.

Are you a diabetic? ?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Team played like shit, nobody spoke up, team continued to play like shit, instead of manning up and looking in the mirror, the jaded players chose to band together and go against the one guy that had the balls to call them out. More times than not that rant in the locker room gets support by the next guy, then the next guy until they become the majority. This team just turned to a bunch of pity whores. There is a reason its called Man up.

Well that was stupid

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you a diabetic? ?

Jay's first year here they were terrible in adjusting to his needs for what seemed to be 6 or 8 different start times. You string 6 noon starts together and I bet you see Jays 6 most consistent performances.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about opening day.

Maybe this is wishful thinking. But I actually think that the Bears have an element of surprise vs the Packers. Here me out. McCarthy does a great job running the offense and there is plenty of game film on the type of offense he runs. And the Packers personnel really hasn't changed at all. But there is essentially zero game film on how Fox/Gates will run the Bears personnel. And we have new players at different positions. Sure, there may be some similarities from Denver and perhaps even Carolina. But there will be no game film for the Packers to prepare for come game one.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been thinking about opening day.

Maybe this is wishful thinking. But I actually think that the Bears have an element of surprise vs the Packers. Here me out. McCarthy does a great job running the offense and there is plenty of game film on the type of offense he runs. And the Packers personnel really hasn't changed at all. But there is essentially zero game film on how Fox/Gates will run the Bears personnel. And we have new players at different positions. Sure, there may be some similarities from Denver and perhaps even Carolina. But there will be no game film for the Packers to prepare for come game one.

Sure there is..............We basically have all the same offense with one less wr,unless of course we draft one of the top wrs this year.
And we still have Jay Cutler. He is always atrocious vs GB. I really don`t think Fox and (forgot oc`s name) will do anything to be able to change what all other coaches and offensive coordinators tried.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure there is..............We basically have all the same offense with one less wr,unless of course we draft one of the top wrs this year.
And we still have Jay Cutler. He is always atrocious vs GB. I really don`t think Fox and (forgot oc`s name) will do anything to be able to change what all other coaches and offensive coordinators tried.

Well, we might surprise the packers by sticking to the running game. Dont think there is much film on our recent running game. But the point was that this most probably will not be Denvers offense to prepare for, its the Denver offense that Gase and Fox wanted to run. Denver game film is payton offense. We dont know if denver would have been better or worse if it was run as scripted.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said: "YOU can't see it" you're blinded by your bullshit 1960's HS football machismo. It's not a time of "water breaks are for the weak" or "the diner should be on the table when I get home" Get over that crap.
You really think screaming and calling people out is leadership? How's that work for you? Honestly if your boss or did that to you I'd imagine you'd challenge him to a boxing match.
Jaded players? What made them jaded? The crappy game plans and lack of accountability from the coaching staff, perhaps?
Players "banding together" is a good thing, you dink.
I can't imagine and don't believe there is a PROFESSIONAL athlete that "Quits" or turns into "pity whores" as you say- (again NOT 1960's HS)

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players "banding together" is a good thing, you dink.
I can't imagine and don't believe there is a PROFESSIONAL athlete that "Quits" or turns into "pity whores" as you say- (again NOT 1960's HS)

Dink?

You seriously think that players "banding together" against Marshall, the one guy wanting more effort was a better thing than "banding together" to want better effort from everyone in the room?

Leadership to you is Jay sending texts from his La-z-boy in his mancave. Maybe thats what he is doing on the microsoft surface instead of looking how defenses are picking off his passes.

Why stand up in front of your team mates when you can twittle your fingers with your smartphone.

You making it personal with personal attacks against me is not proving leadership. Sure seems like thats your take though, I guess that makes you a leader of this forum. Common sense went out in the 60's, you need to start to think for yourself, not be swayed by twitter.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the nickname dink for anotheridiot. Maybe Brandon wasn't liked in the locker room because his schtick was wearing thin. It's was always me,me,me with Brandon......you are way off anotheridiot as fucking usual

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess we see what happens if Jay stands up and demands his team to play better. Well, he wont stand up, he will just text everybody in unison. Maybe that nobody Kyle Long, we will see if they get run out of town for being that guy next year where they are making the same mistakes over and over.

Sure hope none of them turn into big enough names that they are popular enough to be asked to do a national program on their day off.