• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Open Letter to Wil White

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was actually going to be a private message.

He is the architect of the MBBRL. He is the master of organization. He is the Einstein of fantasy knowledge. He is the Wil of White atop the Golden Mountain.

For a while now, Wil has warned us that his tenure in the MBBRL, as well as on this SportsHoopla Message Board was winding its way down to a close. He posted this just prior to the NFL playoffs:

And sure, count me in. It will be my fantasy swan song. (Although Fantasy Swan Song sounds like something for five-year-old girls at a princess party.)

Swan song? Ironic that he chose the same 'label' as Led Zeppelin, which even funded Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Part of me wants to congratulate you on your endeavors and wish you well.

But another part of me - a larger part of me - knows that if this is Wil's final days, then the MBBRL, the message board, and myself on a personal level, are going to suffer a huge void.

You have been the driving force behind many of the events and conversations on this board. Many of us followed you here from CBS. Particularly me.

I would hate to talk you out of your decisions. But I want to talk you out of your decisions.

Perhaps shedding the rankings game and all of the graphs that go along with it is a start. Perhaps setting a limit on MBBRL participation is another option. I can't imagine the MBBRL without a hint of Wil.

Say it isn't so. Please say that you've made some adjustments and can squeeze one league into your weekly schedule. P-L-E-A-S-E

If this shameful, self-serving attempt is not working, well then, maybe humor is needed...

[YOUTUBE]7vp_fP3q_m4#t=57[/YOUTUBE]

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Will, I'm 110% with Joe on this one. Rankings game is fun but if you dropping that would mean you would spend more (or any) time on the boards next year I won't even post any rankings next year...................that way there would not be any temptation for you to do rankings game again.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will- We have never met but I feel like I am losing a friend. I respect your decision but I would also respect it if you decided to renege on the decision to pull out.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the memories.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thank you, guys.

No more leagues for me... but I will be around from time to time. Gotta watch you guys try to stop Tlance in his quest for an A-League threepeat, and Treff fighting his way out of the B League - that's must-see messageboarding.

As to the big void, I didn't do much this year, and the MBBRL was better than ever.

Maybe Scape and I can have a fantasy-fantasy-football league, where instead of picking NFL players we pick you guys.

(Joe, you're a big part of what makes the MBBRL great, and why it even existed. Keep doing what you do.)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the monty python reference, as now my SportsHoopla ads are all monty python dvd ads from amazon.
better than the normal crap they put up there!

Your insights will be sorely missed, WilWhite, if you do choose to leave.
Hopefully the times you pop in on the boards are more frequent than few.

Take a break for a season or two, and then see if you feel the Fantasy Gods calling you back. We'll find a spot for you somewhere, I guarantee it.

Cheers to all of life's endeavors that do not involve relying on the unpredictability that is the NFL!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Favre it! Favre it! Favre it! Favre it!

;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after commiss' ing for a year. .. and not even doing half of what WW did, I have to say, I completely understand where you were coming from last year. May or may not have noticed, but I haven't made a single post since the regular season ended. .I truly feel the burn out.

Will.. know that we all will always want you to be a part of the league and you'll always have a guaranteed spot if you so choose. But I'm not about to try and convince you to do so. You've more than earned our respect, and part of that is respecting your decisions. Do what you gotta do, just know we'll all miss you and your leadership

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, thank you, guys.

No more leagues for me... but I will be around from time to time. Gotta watch you guys try to stop Tlance in his quest for an A-League threepeat, and Treff fighting his way out of the B League - that's must-see messageboarding.

As to the big void, I didn't do much this year, and the MBBRL was better than ever.

Maybe Scape and I can have a fantasy-fantasy-football league, where instead of picking NFL players we pick you guys.

(Joe, you're a big part of what makes the MBBRL great, and why it even existed. Keep doing what you do.)

As stated last year, YOU are the MBBRL Godfather, and I hate to see you move on - - but respect your decision. Even minimal participation will be a blessing. .... best to you and the family.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wil you are very loved man and I too am very fond of you, you always worked extremely hard on keeping league the charts the stories and everything in between. Your a great as well a great guy and I will miss too. The fact that all these other great guys are pouring out emotion to you speaks volume about yourself and you deserve it man. I hope you can come back and Joe this thread is why I think your a great guy too buddy!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will there is no way or point in trying to express my/our feelings any better than that has already been stated above. I will just say. Thank you ever so much for all you have done,and personally I thank you for allowing me to move from a lurker to a full participant in the greatest league with the greatest gang that can and ever will play Fantasy Football. Thank You Will of White. Thank You For the climb up to Golden Mountain. Thank You for The MBBRL

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And ditto to You Not so average Joe. You are really extraordinary Joe

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wil, do you like my avatar picture... It is dedicated to you!!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will - knowledge and hard work aside, we need your sense of humor around here. With you out of the league and Tlance no longer posting on SportsHoopla, things are just not going to be the same.

That said, I respect your decision and thank you for allowing me to take part in this. The MBBRL leagues are easily the most fun leagues I've ever been in.

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane!!!!! Come back Shane!!!!!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y is he going away

Personal reasons. And maybe he can clarify, he's not gonna be gone per se, but he will post occasionally. Just no fantasy football leagues.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesnt need to explain to me, Take care of what you gotta do will your a pleasure, but Life comes first! Good luck!

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Chef. What do you mean by no more TLance either