• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OKLAHOMA@West Virginia, 7:00pm (cst) Tonight, ESPN

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember seeing you in that game thread. If you had been, you wouldn't have posted this statement. Guys were ripping on the Defenses in that thread.

The difference though was that there WAS defense in that game. The Defense accounted for at least a third of the points.

Not even slightly comparable.
Looking at the drive detail...here are the 'Eer drives:
TD
TD
Downs
Punt
TD
Fumble returned for TD by Defense
TD
halftime---------
TD
TD
TD
Fumble returned for TD by Defense
Punt
TD

13 drives
8 TD
2 punts
2 fumbles returned for TD
1 Downs

8 of 13 drives accompanied by points

...and the OU drives:
TD
TD
Fumble
TD
TD
End of half
halftime-----------
INT
FG
TD
TD
Punt
End of game

7 of 12 drives accompanied by points

There were 30 drives in the NFL game between Rams/Chiefs.
14 of which were accompanied by points.

Comparable.

Do you want to look at yards too?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, these two teams only have 3 points more than two of the best NFL teams put up recently.

Funny how fans of other leagues complain about the defense but nobody is saying a word about the Rams, Cheifs, and Saints who are doing the same exact thing.

I referenced it during the game.

Hmmm. What do the current three best teams in the NFL (Sains, Rams, Chiefs) have in common?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember seeing you in that game thread. If you had been, you wouldn't have posted this statement. Guys were ripping on the Defenses in that thread.

The difference though was that there WAS defense in that game. The Defense accounted for at least a third of the points.

Not even slightly comparable.
Uhhhh bullshit. OU got close. About 1/4 of their points (14) came from the defense.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stealing Lincoln Riley schemes? :noidea:
....and others.

Been said for along time. Innovation works its way UP the system, not down.

All the current stuff in college football has its roots in the high schools, then colleges, then the pros.

Things may be changing in the NFL. Seems those "systems" QBs ain't doing too bad now. For years most of 'em couldn't cut it....Brees being the exception. Wasn't Purdue considered a sling it around, non Pro Style system?

And, where did Mahomes' and Goff's college coaches (Kingsbury and Dykes) get their offensive philosophies from?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and others.

Been said for along time. Innovation works its way UP the system, not down.

All the current stuff in college football has its roots in the high schools, then colleges, then the pros.

Things may be changing in the NFL. Seems those "systems" QBs ain't doing too bad now. For years most of 'em couldn't cut it....Brees being the exception. Wasn't Purdue considered a sling it around, non Pro Style system?

And, where did Mahomes' and Goff's college coaches (Kingsbury and Dykes) get their offensive philosophies from?

The Pirate is building a ridiculous coaching tree:

Briles, Riley, Holgorsen, Heupel, Littrell, Kingsbury, Dykes, Brown (HC at Troy)

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirate is building a ridiculous coaching tree:

Briles, Riley, Holgorsen, Heupel, Littrell, Kingsbury, Dykes, Brown (HC at Troy)
Yeah, and some spinoffs from those. Hal Mumme had a lot of influence on some it as well. And most of them were just "gambler/gunslinger" types that weren't afraid to give unconventional shit the high schools were doing a try at the college level.

While not part of the Pirate tree directly, I'd add Chip Kelly, Chad Morris, etc to the group. Hell, Dabo too. Morris was only one year removed from innovating a lot of the stuff in high school when Dabo went after him. Briles did a lot of it in other high schools before he had talent like he did at Stephenville.

IMO, Kyler Murray would have been fine at A&M if Kingsbury had stayed there as the OC. Been very similar to how Riley is using him at OU.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one of you Eers fans did I have an avy bet with about WVU making the championship game? Was it @ralphiewvu or @GoldRusher

It was me. You started talking a ton of shit and then wouldn’t back it up so I had to pick one team.

After this week pick your avy an I’ll wear that for a week.