• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okie Lite vs Texass

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon State
McNeese State
Tulsa

....yup.

To be fair, he only had 40 against McNeese. Kinda pulled the starters early in that one. So against FBS competition he's putting up Barry type numbers.

I have no idea how this will go. Offense was kinda meh last week but I figure they were looking ahead. Defense was actually good. 2nd quarter was weird but they pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. Texas has key injuries at running back and secondary. Our front 7 is decimated but the secondary is healthy and possibly the best in the conference.

My gut tells me we got this. Recent history says we win a big one early and then step on our dick the next week. We've got Kansas State coming off a bye next week so I could see us kicking the shit out of Texas and then watching KSU walking all over us next week because life just isn't fair.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he only had 40 against McNeese. Kinda pulled the starters early in that one. So against FBS competition he's putting up Barry type numbers.

I have no idea how this will go. Offense was kinda meh last week but I figure they were looking ahead. Defense was actually good. 2nd quarter was weird but they pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. Texas has key injuries at running back and secondary. Our front 7 is decimated but the secondary is healthy and possibly the best in the conference.

My gut tells me we got this. Recent history says we win a big one early and then step on our dick the next week. We've got Kansas State coming off a bye next week so I could see us kicking the shit out of Texas and then watching KSU walking all over us next week because life just isn't fair.
TBH we have no idea what we have as well...we haven't played anything resembling a decent team.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not refuting my assertion but rather, equivocating?
There is nothing to refute. If Okie Lite wins they will move up.
Not really sure how this is a difficult concept for you. It's not just the SEC that moves up when they beat ranked opponents.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like leading the heisman race by padding stats against HOU, SDak, and UCLA?
YOU'LL HAVE TO YELL, I DON'T HEAR SO GOOD ANYMORE!
giphy.gif

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm thinking. Looking ahead to Texas is a hard thing not to do.

Gundy is pretty good in the big games.

Playbook has been vanilla. It's been give the rock to Hubbard or throw it to Wallace with the occasional check down to Hubbard. New OC is supposedly some genius from Princeton. We've got a TE and a couple of inside receivers who are weapons. I'm guessing we see some cool shit.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playbook has been vanilla. It's been give the rock to Hubbard or throw it to Wallace with the occasional check down to Hubbard. New OC is supposedly some genius from Princeton. We've got a TE and a couple of inside receivers who are weapons. I'm guessing we see some cool shit.
Well get it all out there before you play us please.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing to refute. If Okie Lite wins they will move up.
Not really sure how this is a difficult concept for you. It's not just the SEC that moves up when they beat ranked opponents.

My point is that LSU (SEC) did get more benefit from beating Texas than Okie Lite would/will for beating the same team. Granted, LSU is a blue blood team but, there is a decided bias when ranking SEC teams (especially early on) in general which perpetuates itself throughout the season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that LSU (SEC) did get more benefit from beating Texas than Okie Lite would/will for beating the same team. Granted, LSU is a blue blood team but, there is a decided bias when ranking SEC teams (especially early on) in general which perpetuates itself throughout the season.
#6 LSu moved up two spots from beating a top 10 ranked Texas. Okie Lite will certainly go from unranked to a top 20 if they beat a top 15 Texas. May go as far as to say OkieLt may just take Texas' spot if they beat them.

I get there is a lot of SEC butthurt going around, and a level of jovial trolling too, but not really getting your issue here.

never the less, Gundy ain't beating Herman again.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas should won this one, and that’s why I would be worried betting on them. Herman has a track record for coming up big against teams expected to beat him, but dropping a couple of clunkers.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that was because Texas got a LOT of benefit from beating Georgia. They were hyped as much as anyone not named Clemson or Bama, and we’re playing at home.

IF OSU beats them, they will get less credit to some degree simply because Texas has a loss and is ranked lower, but still move up a good bit more than 2 spots. Of course, that has more to do with OSU having more room to move than LSU had at #6.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get there is a lot of SEC butthurt going around, and a level of jovial trolling too, but not really getting your issue here.

No butthurt here, just pointing out what I see. To say that the SEC doesn't start out in the pole position in rankings (simply by virtue of belonging to said conference) at the beginning of any given season is just being disingenuous.

The SEC, after starting in the pole position of rankings, perpetuates it's rankings throughout the season when they start conference play. To be fair, preseason rankings are for the most part just guesses. However, the SEC as whole seems to get more than their share of the benefit of the doubt where these rankings are concerned. Can you honestly say that Florida is playing football at a top 10 level right now?

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was because Texas got a LOT of benefit from beating Georgia. They were hyped as much as anyone not named Clemson or Bama, and we’re playing at home

No argument from me here.

IF OSU beats them, they will get less credit to some degree simply because Texas has a loss and is ranked lower, but still move up a good bit more than 2 spots. Of course, that has more to do with OSU having more room to move than LSU had at #6

So Okie Lite get less credit because LSU got there first even though they will play a Texas team that is likely improved over the Texas team that LSU played? Lets add in that should the OSU game yields similar results, Okie Lite will have beaten a team significantly higher ranked than them whereas LSU beat team lower ranked than them (albeit a top ten team).

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument from me here.

So Okie Lite get less credit because LSU got there first even though they will play a Texas team that is likely improved over the Texas team that LSU played? Lets add in that should the OSU game yields similar results, Okie Lite will have beaten a team significantly higher ranked than them whereas LSU beat team lower ranked than them (albeit a top ten team).

Yes, but LSU’s benefit only matters if they continue to win, as will OSU’s. If both win out to be 13-0, their rankings will be very close. Beyond that, each would get bigger bumps/hits depending on the given opponent. For instance, LSU would move up with a win at Bama, and OSU would get a nice boost beating OU.

The only “problem” is if Texas were to finish 6-6 (or something similar), and LSU could be deemed to have gotten an “unfair boost”. I would dispute that, as it will work out either way down the stretch given their results. I don’t put much stock with early rankings for this reason. Things are a lot more fluid than toward the end of the season.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to bitch about polls. Right now they reflect recruiting rankings and last year’s performance more than anything that has transpired so far. If you based the poll on actual game performance you should have massive volatility in the polls the first month or so

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early to bitch about polls. Right now they reflect recruiting rankings and last year’s performance more than anything that has transpired so far. If you based the poll on actual game performance you should have massive volatility in the polls the first month or so

Wisconsin would be #1 and Tennessee would be demoted to FCS.