• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok let's talk draft.....

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And three of them are not WRs. You can't stretch the field starting from the backfield.

I like Matthews but I'm not convinced he's a reliable #1 WR yet. He had the luxury of being covered by #2-4 CBs all last year. Huff? What did he do last year? Barely got on the field as a WR.

Give me at the very least 1 good WR prospect in the first two rounds.

I would love another receiver as much as the next guy, but its a matter of priorities. This team can win and win big with the current offensive weapons of Matthews, Huff, Cooper, Ertz, Celek, Murray, Sproles and Matthews. There is size and speed to spare and only 5 of the 8 can be on the field at the same time.

Meanwhile, this team doesn't really have solid players at CB or Safety. Right now they are penciling in Thurmond and maybe Watkins as starters. A rookie first round pick in the defensive backfield has a good chance of being a week one starter on this team. Without it, this defensive backfield actually may be worse than last years.

And on the OL, Barbre at RG may be just fine, but there really is almost no depth on that line at all. What if Peters or Johnson gets hurt? One or two injuries to the OL and the whole offense could fall apart.

The needs at these positions far outweigh the need for another receiver. By comparison, WR is a luxury.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huff hasn't shown he can do anything yet at the NFL level as a receiver. Sproles is a solid receiver from the RB spot, but he's not going to be your main slot receiver at his age. Mathews right now is all we have at WR and he's pretty much a rookie as an outside receiver. We certainly have need areas all over the place, but I think receiver has to be one of our first 3 picks. Coop's at best an average #3. We need a playmaker added into the mix.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we trade up for Parker, Cooper, or White in the 1st, which I doubt, since we have other pressing needs, I'd like to see us come up with one of these guys in the 3rd round, whoever is available at that point -

Philip Dorsett
Chris Conley
Devin Smith
Tyler Lockett
Antwan Goodley
Breshad Perriman

We need a speed WR. I know that these guys may well be picked in the 2nd, but you never know who might slip down a bit.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless we trade up for Parker, Cooper, or White in the 1st, which I doubt, since we have other pressing needs, I'd like to see us come up with one of these guys in the 3rd round, whoever is available at that point -

Philip Dorsett
Chris Conley
Devin Smith
Tyler Lockett
Antwan Goodley
Breshad Perriman

We need a speed WR. I know that these guys may well be picked in the 2nd, but you never know who might slip down a bit.

I think 3rd round is a good spot for WR ... CB HAS to be picked either Rd 1 or 2. And if Mathis is released then OL in either Rd 1 or 2 is almost a must as well. I think only Conley and Goodley are the only ones out of that list however to possibly be around at our spot in Rd 3.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is shaping up as an Oregon tackle first round. And probably an Oregon cb in the second.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, right now I think Fisher is the best bet to go 20 if we stay put. They seem to like this Rowe kid a lot as well ... you can line him up outside or at Safety. I think Chip has his eye on him in Rd 2.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the list of who we've shown interest in:

PHI.gif
Philadelphia Eagles

• Nelson Agholor, WR, USC (PRI)
  • Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson (PRO)
  • Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State (SR)
  • Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma (PRO)
  • T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh (SR)
  • Justin Coleman, CB, Tennessee (INT)
  • Alvin Dupree, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Kentucky (PRO)
  • Mark Glowinski, G, West Virginia (EW)
  • Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor (SR)
  • Connor Halliday, QB, Washington State (COM)
  • Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State (SR)
  • Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA (COM)
  • Eric Kendricks, OLB/ILB, UCLA (COM)
  • Ali Marpet, G/OT, Hobart (COM)
  • Benardrick McKinney, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (PRI)
  • Nate Orchard, DE/OLB, Utah (SR)
  • Denzel Perryman^, OLB/ILB, Miami (SR%, COM)
  • Casey Pierce, TE, Kent State (WOR)
  • Terry Poole, OT, San Diego State (PRI)
  • Damarious Randall, S, Arizona State (PRI)
  • Eric Rowe^, CB, Utah (VINT, WOR)
  • Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (SR)
  • Josh Shaw, CB/S, USC (SR)
  • Blake Sims, QB, Alabama (COM)
  • Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (SR)
  • Junior Sylvestre, OLB, Toledo (PRO)
  • T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama (COM)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor imo will be one of the best WR's out of this draft when it's all said and done. I'd love to snag him in Rd 2 if he somehow slips there. Very intelligent kid to boot ... listened to his interview the other day on the Jim Rome show.

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor imo will be one of the best WR's out of this draft when it's all said and done. I'd love to snag him in Rd 2 if he somehow slips there. Very intelligent kid to boot ... listened to his interview the other day on the Jim Rome show.

ESPN had an article from Football Outsiders projections of the WRs in the draft, the article had Cooper as #1 and Agholor as the #2. DeVante Parker and Kevin White had some pretty large red flags listed. I would be a big fan of taking Agholor in the second round. I was quite sad when he chose USC over the Irish.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed but will he make it to our pick?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agholor might not make it to our 2nd, kid can ball. Deep WR class but there will be plenty of teams snagging up a WR in the first 2 rounds, just like last year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are Parker's red flags? I'd like to see us wind up with him in the 1st.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd give us what we lost in Maclin. I really like his catch and run ability and I think he could add some muscle without losing any speed or quickness.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can forget about Perriman after his ridiculous forty time.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayock now has Perriman rated as the 5th best WR. Because the position is deep like last year, I think Agholor will be there in the 2nd. I think Chip will take the BPA at CB, S (Collins), or WR in the 1st. I think they want to draft Ali Marpet in the 2nd round. If Chip's fav looks to go before #20, then I think he may move up a few spots.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some Breshad Perriman, but with his massive upside I'm not sure he'll last to #20.

Our best move might be to trade down to the backend of the 1st and target players like Jake Fisher, Devin Smith, PJ Williams, Kevin Johnson.

Though, I might pass on CBs in the 1st due to values of players like Byron Jones or Eric Rowe in the 2nd.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kevein Johnson may go early in the 1st now. Seems to be moving way up. Some like him better than Waynes. Unbelievable.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Johnson is our 1st round pick in my Mock. I will put it up tomorrow, but here's my 1st round write up:

Rd 1: Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forrest

• I am not a huge fan of drafting CB in Rd 1, “but” the Eagles have only bodies right now opposite Maxwell. Nolan Carroll is a solid depth Corner who can step in and start for a few games if need be, but if he were better than that he would have been starting over Fletcher last season. Walter Thurmond is a player I like and wanted as a free agent “last” season, but he's more of a slot Corner than outside guy with all of 1 career interception. He has skills to start outside if need be, but both he and Carroll are guys you'd rather have as backups. Kevin Johnson is a kid whom I've been a fan of for a while and really showed top notch athletic tools at the Combine in the vertical, broad jump, short shuttle and 3 Cone to solidify the tape. At 6'0” 188 lbs he has enough size to match up with the big receivers while also being able to stick to the smaller/quicker guys.

• Peters and Collins are the other 2 possible CB's here, but from what I'm hearing Peters didn't help himself much with interviews at the Combine and Collins while being better against the run than KJ, isn't as NFL ready and doesn't possess the instincts and break on the ball that Johnson has.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kevein Johnson may go early in the 1st now. Seems to be moving way up. Some like him better than Waynes. Unbelievable.

He is moving up but better than Waynes? Nah, doubt it. I like Johnson better than Collins and believe he is more NFL ready.