• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ok let's talk draft.....

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby's coverage skills are better than P.J.'s. He can be put on a island and locates the ball well in the air. He has athletic ability in spades. I would take ball skills, man press coverage skills and athletic ability over lesser tackling.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again the players most of you are talking about could be had with a trade back, and we could gain an important 3rd rd pick. Rey's boy Collins won't get to us, kids too good. Highly unlikely Strong makes it to us, doubtful that Landon Collins makes it to us....so a trade back makes a ton of sense. Then Chips reach of another Oregon duck wouldn't be nearly as much of a reach.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has Leonard Williams going 8th and Gurley going 6th. That should be all anyone needs to know the "quality" of this mock draft.

I didn't say it was going to happen but I like any mock that gives us Collins. :D

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Darby too, kid is a football player first. Also isn't he more or less the same size as Chip's prized recruit Ifo?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think here's the top 15 "in no certain order". These are the guys I think would be a stretch to get to 20.

1 Winston
2 Mariota
3 Dante Fowler
4 Randy Gregory
5 Vic Beasley
6 Shane Ray
7 Leonard Williams
8 Danny Shelton
9 Amari Cooper
10 Kevin White
11 DeVante Parker
12 Brandon Scherff
13 La'El Collins
14 Trae Waynes
15 Landon Collins

Guys we're likely picking from: Marcus Peters CB (sticky and physical), Arik Armstead DE (don't laff, he's a Duck), Kevin Johnson CB (A guy I've mentioned often and has been on the rise), Andrus Peat OT, Jalen Collins CB (good size and physical tools, but a bit raw), Dorial Green-Beckham WR (raw, but excellent #1 potential), Jaelen Strong WR (physical but unpolished routes), Brett Hundley QB (stash in case Bradford doesn't work out), Alvin Dupree LB/DE (less likely now that we re-upped Graham) and Jake Fisher OT (a bit of a reach, but a Duck).

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It woudn't shock me if only 2 WR's went before we pick. Lineman are a so much better pick in the top half of the first.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It woudn't shock me if only 2 WR's went before we pick. Lineman are a so much better pick in the top half of the first.
If DeVante Parker is still sitting there at 20 I'll be doing some celebrating. He and Matthews would be an excellent duo for years to come.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that Green-Beckham got his act together, if so he's be a strong contender at #20. His physical attributes are off the charts. He just needs lots of practice.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that Green-Beckham got his act together, if so he's be a strong contender at #20. His physical attributes are off the charts. He just needs lots of practice.
Yeah, DGB is a mismatch nightmare ... if he has gotten his stuff together he can be a monster at 6'5" 240 lbs running a 4.49. He's a faster Kelvin Benjamin who had a 1000 yard rookie season. Benjamin wasn't the most polished WR coming in either, but that size advantage can make up for the lack of polish.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DGB is awesome, but ya constantly have to worry if you got Josh Gordon part 2 Kid has top 10 talent though.... damn he is good. Rey I agree with your top 15 ....Do you guys not think Cleveland goes WR? I do. Andy Reid got Jeremy Maclin yes but he parted with Dwayne Bowe....Maclin was not Andys #1 WR before suddenly he will be now? I'm not buying it, Andy goes and gets a WR. The Rams aren't gonna grab a Stud WR for Foles? The Jets, ya know they need a Stud WR...You know damn well the Raiders are taking a WR....This draft has some real good wr's yes, but I think the bigger ones with tremendous skill set will go fast, Last year 4 wr's went in the top 20 picks in the deepest perhaps greatest WR class Ever.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the "Open" positions on the Eagles right now are:

OG: But they did okay with Gardner last year and have Tobin coming back.
WR: But they drafted Huff and Matthews last year and have other weapons in Sproles and Ertz.
S: Not an obvious starters here, but plenty of bodies with Wolf, Watkins, Carroll, Maragos, Reynolds
CB: Thurman and/or Carroll are journeyman. Little upside to these guys.

When you factor in that only one Safety has a first round grade and will likely be gone, and the fact that there are probably three CBs sitting there at 20 that are reasonable picks, I would be surprised at anything but a corner at #20.

Usually you need to prioritize CB as the elite speed is a tough characteristic to find. You can usually find potentials starters in the 2/3/4 round at OG and S and that is what I expect they will do. At WR, they will add a body in the draft, but I think the starting jobs are between Matthews/Huff and Cooper and with Sproles and Ertz on the team, we will rarely see 3 WR sets.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of reaches, look for Chip to reach on this guy in the second or third:

If someone recognized Jeff Stoutland, offensive line coach for the Philadelphia Eagles, they would have known he was at Hobart, too, even with their eyes closed. The advice and instructions he shared with Marpet and Hobart teammate DeAndre Smith, of Syracuse, was at times, loud and no-nonsense.

"I don't like to do anything sideways,'' Stoutland said during one drill.

It was one of those moments when Hobart lineman coach Kevin DeWall said the scouts wanted to see how Marpet "took to coaching'' and the criticism that sometimes comes with it on a professional field. It may have been another step toward the NFL for Marpet, a peek at what may be ahead.

"I think I did well,'' he said. "I think I showed that I was fluid and athletic. I was getting coached up on the fly, and I think I responded well to it. Again, there are things that I need to work on, but I think I did well.

Ali Marpet takes another step toward the NFL

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect we will see alot of "reaches" in this draft. Kelly is going to identify guys he wants, and if he feels he needs to draft them a round early he will. If you thought FA was shocking, wait for the draft.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect we will see alot of "reaches" in this draft. Kelly is going to identify guys he wants, and if he feels he needs to draft them a round early he will. If you thought FA was shocking, wait for the draft.
DPD I do not agree with you often, but i think your dead on with your post right there.

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think chip goes big Wr in this draft, and if we still have our 20 come draft time, would love DGB.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darby's coverage skills are better than P.J.'s. He can be put on a island and locates the ball well in the air. He has athletic ability in spades. I would take ball skills, man press coverage skills and athletic ability over lesser tackling.

So would I but P.J. is said to have the better press coverage skills with Darby relying too much on his speed. I guess whatever the tape shows is who should be ranked higher. It just seems like Darby "leaped" ahead of P.J. due to an awesome 40 time. I don't have an opinion one way or another because I haven't seen them play. If Darby is better, then he is a first rounder.

Last edited:

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it depends on which article you read. I'm now seeing many that favor Darby. From the little I have seen today, he would be a very nice fit on our team. In the last article I read, the guy went over tons and tons of tape. He likes Darby. With a big, physical guy like Maxwell, a speedy cover corner on the opposite side would be awesome.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna go 3-3 this off season and say we trade up using evan mathis... and pass on mariotta for amari cooper...

I didnt think maclin would be back, I called the demarco murray signing... and now this. Bank on it.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we get Mariota. Chip never valued WR that much but relied on the QB to spread it around. Until he locks up Bradford Mariota is the goal.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can lock up Bradford until he shows you a healthy season. I think trading up for Mariota does remain a possibility and I think Chip believes that the WR's are interchangeable. I don't think he's arrogant enough to just throw any WR in there, but I think he believes his system will keep getting guys open more than their skillset.