• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohtani

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Placing bets or wire tapping money to cover gambling debts is illegal in California.
Good point and one I wasn't even thinking about. That must be why he originally said he covered the bets then retracted and said he knew nothing about them. Which is odd because the bookie knew all about him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani changed his story a couple of times and no bookie will hand out that line of credit to a gambler unless he knows who's financially backing his bets. I'm sure you knew that since you're the genius here.
That is not what the fbi and federal government said but apparently you know more than them.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not what the fbi and federal government said but apparently you know more than them.
And you obviously don't understand how illegal gambling works. Because the FBI and Feds are trustworthy? Haha!! And just for shits and giggles, tell me why Ohtani's financial advisor didn't raise red flags that his money has gone missing?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you obviously don't understand how illegal gambling works. Because the FBI and Feds are trustworthy? Haha!! And just for shits and giggles, tell me why Ohtani's financial advisor didn't raise red flags that his money has gone missing?
No, I don't understand how illegal gambling works and neither do you.

Have you illegally gambled or did you simply Google it or watch a YouTube video on it? I know the rules for MLB gambling though.
Your posts clearly have no credibility and you are a trolling conspiracy theorist. It's a bad look to be honest. Just saying.

The fbi and Feds have a history of making mistakes. Why would they make a mistake here? Is the Yakuza behind it or you honestly think MLB threatened the US government if they didnt plant false evidence or turn a blind eye? You tell.me what is more plausible: ohtanis interpreter is guilty of bank fraud in order to cover a gambling habit or the Feds are corroborating with MLB to cover for ohtani?

I have no idea why his account rep didn't raise red flags.

You aren't good at this message board thing are you?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't understand how illegal gambling works and neither do you.

Have you illegally gambled or did you simply Google it or watch a YouTube video on it? I know the rules for MLB gambling though.
Your posts clearly have no credibility and you are a trolling conspiracy theorist. It's a bad look to be honest. Just saying.

The fbi and Feds have a history of making mistakes. Why would they make a mistake here? Is the Yakuza behind it or you honestly think MLB threatened the US government if they didnt plant false evidence or turn a blind eye? You tell.me what is more plausible: ohtanis interpreter is guilty of bank fraud in order to cover a gambling habit or the Feds are corroborating with MLB to cover for ohtani?

You aren't good at this message board thing are you?
Funny you say I don't know how illegal gambling works yet you've never met me. That's a stupid ass comment you made. Congrats on knowing MLB gambling rules, doesn't make you a hero or anything like that. You have no idea why the rep didn't raise the flag of millions missing out of his account? Try putting your Ohtani pom poms down since you seem to be his #1 fan and actually give it a thought as to why.

I might not be good at this message board stuff but you're on the same level as Guns & Guitars which isn't saying much.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why...

On a side note, the NBA player got booted for life today. Of course he was a nobody so...
Do you know why he was banned for life?

Porter was giving inside info to bettors, and gambling on nba games.

Did ohtani do any of those?

So now Pete Rose, Porter, and ohtani are all in the same boat?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you say I don't know how illegal gambling works yet you've never met me. That's a stupid ass comment you made. Congrats on knowing MLB gambling rules, doesn't make you a hero or anything like that. You have no idea why the rep didn't raise the flag of millions missing out of his account? Try putting your Ohtani pom poms down since you seem to be his #1 fan and actually give it a thought as to why.

I might not be good at this message board stuff but you're on the same level as Guns & Guitars which isn't saying much.
Didn't say I was a hero. I just said I knew the MLB rules.

So because I wanted the facts to come out and for federal law enforcement to do their job, I am Ohtanis #1 fan?

Funny how you say I am Ohtani's #1 fan yet you have never met me.

For the 2nd time, no, I have no clue why his representative didn't say anything about it. I didn't know he had a personal representative. You see know a lot about the case Sherlock.

To clarify, what do you think happened here. What do you know that federal law enforcement doesn't know?

Was Ohtani gambling?
Was Ohtani gambling illegally if he was gambling?
What Ohtani gambling on baseball?
Was ohtani gambling on baseball games he played in?

Let's start there before we break out conspiracy theories. We have some of the answers above already...just a hint.

Instead of trying to be the smartest one in the room, why do you just tell everyone here at home what actually happened.

The floor is yours.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why...

On a side note, the NBA player got booted for life today. Of course he was a nobody so...
Yep. If he was a high-profile player they would just silently banish him to the minor leagues of a different sport for a year like, I don't know, let's say, the Birmingham Barons. And, when the dust settles, bring him back like nothing ever happened.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Ohtani gambling?
probably
Was Ohtani gambling illegally if he was gambling?
maybe
What Ohtani gambling on baseball?
maybe but probably not. He doesn't strike me as a stupid person.
Was ohtani gambling on baseball games he played in?
no

Players know what is at stake when they gamble so why in the hell should they admit that they gamble? And yet, gambling addiction is a real addiction and Ohtani is as much prone to that addiction as anyone might be, regardless of how clean-cut and boy scoutish he may appear.

So, let's talk about a related case, the case of MLB vs Pete Rose. And, it is related because both are/were MLB players. The interchange below between investigators and Pete Rose is all true although somewhat streamlined.

Investigator: Pete do you gamble?
Pete: no

Investigation shows that Pete gambles.
Pete: OK, it's true. I gamble. But I don't gamble on sports.

Further Investigation shows Pete gambles on sports.
Pete: Okay, I admit, I gamble on sports but I don't gamble on baseball.

Further Investigation shows Pete gambles on baseball.
Pete: Okay, yeah, yeah, you got me, I gamble on baseball but I don't gamble on the Reds.

Still further Investigation shows Pete gambles on the Reds.
Pete: Dammit! All right!, I gambled on the Reds. But I never gambled on them to lose!

So what do you think comes next?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably

maybe

maybe but probably not. He doesn't strike me as a stupid person.

no

Players know what is at stake when they gamble so why in the hell should they admit that they gamble? And yet, gambling addiction is a real addiction and Ohtani is as much prone to that addiction as anyone might be, regardless of how clean-cut and boy scoutish he may appear.

So, let's talk about a related case, the case of MLB vs Pete Rose. And, it is related because both are/were MLB players. The interchange below between investigators and Pete Rose is all true although somewhat streamlined.

Investigator: Pete do you gamble?
Pete: no

Investigation shows that Pete gambles.
Pete: OK, it's true. I gamble. But I don't gamble on sports.

Further Investigation shows Pete gambles on sports.
Pete: Okay, I admit, I gamble on sports but I don't gamble on baseball.

Further Investigation shows Pete gambles on baseball.
Pete: Okay, yeah, yeah, you got me, I gamble on baseball but I don't gamble on the Reds.

Still further Investigation shows Pete gambles on the Reds.
Pete: Dammit! All right!, I gambled on the Reds. But I never gambled on them to lose!

So what do you think comes next?
Not sure where you are going with this.

Rose admitted he was gambling on others sports when the Commissioner questioned him.
After the Dowd report came out, rose refused to meet with the commissioner. He did not contest the ban from Giamatti.

Rose admitted in his book and to Prime time in 2004 that he gambled on games he played and managed in. He claims he did not bet against the Reds, however Dowd himself believes he did.

What does this have to do with Ohtani?

The Feds say there is no evidence of him gambling. The gambling evidence that was tracked and located was not on baseball.

Suppose ohtani did gamble. As long as he did not violate MLB gambling policy, he can do so.

The federal investigation proved that the interpreter committed bank fraud and was gambling. He is being charged with a federal crime.

Not one person on this thread has come up with a plausible explanation as to what has happened. What i have read is that we cannot trust federal enforcement and that MLB was somehow involved. Pete roses name had been mentioned. I have no idea why.

Dowd report nailed Rose.
A federal investigation exonerated Ohtani.

I am not seeing the connection. I will ask again, how does it go from ohtani possibly gambling to ohtani being Pete Rose?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his people knew enough about a Cali tax loophole to avoid paying $50 million in taxes on his LA contract, but they didn't notice $16 million missing.

you're stupid enough to believe that. "i have no idea" should be your words to live by. dumbass.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his people knew enough about a Cali tax loophole to avoid paying $50 million in taxes on his LA contract, but they didn't notice $16 million missing.

you're stupid enough to believe that. "i have no idea" should be your words to live by. dumbass.
Now this is an intelligent post. Nicely done! Great emotional intelligence. You showed me! What a bullseye!

For the 5th time, because I am an idiot, please enlighten me as to what happened. Because nobody has answered that, I am forced to conclude that nobody here knows and is just being an ignorant conspiracy theorist.

So if ohtani knew money was being taken from his account, how is mirzuhara being charged with a federal crime? What you are implying is that US Attorney Estrada is either lying or was duped by ohtani and his legal team. Estrada and federal law enforcement presented 37 pages worth of evidence showing that mirzuhara committed bank fraud and ohtani was the victim of a scam.

To be clear, this is all a lie and ohtani is a gambling addict and the United States government is behind the cover up? Is this your theory. This is the biggest cover up since Roswell?

This might be the most ridiculous board on the hoop. Been posting for over a decade here and this board takes the cake. Nice job moderator! It's pathetic.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know why he was banned for life?

Porter was giving inside info to bettors, and gambling on nba games.

Did ohtani do any of those?

So now Pete Rose, Porter, and ohtani are all in the same boat?

More than that. Porter bet on his own stats and then left the game early of his own volition. Complete idiot, deserved the ban.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be the most ridiculous board on the hoop. Been posting for over a decade here and this board takes the cake. Nice job moderator! It's pathetic.

You clearly haven't been on the Political forum

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than that. Porter bet on his own stats and then left the game early of his own volition. Complete idiot, deserved the ban.
I agree.

Posters here seem to think the US government is covering up the ohtani scandal because ohtani is a modern day Pete Rose.

Apparently US Attorney Estrada is lying and falsely manufactured the evidence.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly haven't been on the Political forum
It's can't be worse than this.

Evidence is ignored or discredited

The US government is against us.

There are secret societies running the show behind a curtain.

This place is comedy gold!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Posters here seem to think the US government is covering up the ohtani scandal because ohtani is a modern day Pete Rose.

Apparently US Attorney Estrada is lying and falsely manufactured the evidence.

People just want the scandal to be true, to tear down the elite player that isn't on their team. He's new to my team, but I was prepared for whichever way this fell.