• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohtani

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing but thought he made $100K. Just my bad guess.
Oh maybe. I listened to a dude who broke down the ordeal and said he makes probably 300k. Maybe it’s 100k, either way point still stands that no one making that range is going to get that line of credit without a big fish backing him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it implied. When Rose was banned it wasn’t because he bet on baseball. He never admitted nor did baseball have any proof. He admitted to gambling and was banned.

Unless the dude is taking the fall for Ohtani he would’ve done what every other person does and plead not guilty and put up a defense as it is a he said/she said except for instead of multiple people committing a crime it’s only one person. It’s what mafia did for decades.

DOJ was investigating the federal illegal betting, not sure what charges you are implying are made up. A federal crime was committed by Ohtani’s account wiring money.
I am completely lost here. You are all over the place.

The Dowd Report clearly showed that Rose had bet on at least 50+ games in 1987 as the Reds manager. He bet on games he managed. MLB had a day by day leger of evidence showing the games he bet on. What are you talking about?

This was confirmed by bookies and associates of Rose. He was gambling at least $10,000 a day per testimonies and evidence. He refused to meet with the Commissioner and chose not to contest the ban. Rose actually stated there was a factual reason for the ban.

Rose finally admitted in his book "My Prison Without Bars" in 2004 that he gambled on games he played and managed in. He did claim to have never bet against the Reds. Dowd would dispute this during interviews years later. He also admitted it on air during a Charlie Gibson interview in 2004 on Primetime. He stated "it was the worst thing I ever did in my life". "I was stupid". Are you now claiming he is lying about it all?

You are completedly wrong on all accounts here.

The DOJ actually investigated and are charging the interpreter with bank fraud. Google it.

"I want to emphasize this point: Mr. Ohtani is considered a victim in this case," U.S. Attorney Martin Estrada said during a news conference in Los Angeles.
Estrada added that there was no evidence Ohtani had any knowledge of Mizuhara's gambling activities or use of his bank account to pay his debts. He said investigators combed through years of text messages between the two and found no discussion of gambling.

So either the DOJ and Ohtani are lying OR fans know the truth and have evidence he gambled on baseball games and is guity. Which sounds more plausable to you?

So I am seeing ZERO connection between Ohtain who is a victim per the United States Departement of Justice and Pete Rose. Please enlighten me though and tell me what I have said that is incorrect.

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh maybe. I listened to a dude who broke down the ordeal and said he makes probably 300k. Maybe it’s 100k, either way point still stands that no one making that range is going to get that line of credit without a big fish backing him.
Ya I have no clue on it. I was just curious what he made. Ya regardless he can't afford a $40M debt.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani can breath a sigh of relief his friend is taking the rap. He'll get a nice check once out of jail.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani can breath a sigh of relief his friend is taking the rap. He'll get a nice check once out of jail.
Completely agree!

Estrada is clearly lying here about Ohtani. Ohtani was caught red handed. I am guessing Ohtani was betting on his own games as well. Apparently he used the name "John Smith" as his cover. The interpreter cooked up a story to cover for Ohtani. The US government is now involved in the cover up. Sources said that Ohtani threatened the US government to diviluge secrets about Area 51 if they did not look the other way.

Apparetly Ohtani and his interpreter were using hand signals to communicate gambling strategy, as such, there is no hard evidence. Any evidence that did exist was put in the Ark of the Covenanent.

Ohtani is a compulsive gambler no doubt and is looking to acquire the Holy Grail with his winnings. He should be thrown out of the game forever.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I have no clue on it. I was just curious what he made. Ya regardless he can't afford a $40M debt.
It was reported he was making over $300k with the Dodgers. Perhaps he was making far less with the Angels. If so, then your lower numbers are what he was actually making at the times of this betting spree.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I can believe that Ohtani (or his financial staff, which you know he has) is stupid enough to not notice $16 million missing over several years. He's going to be mega rich in the next few years, sure, but his net worth the past few years hasn't been big enough for that to be pocket change lol.

And what bookie is going to stake a guy like Ippei for those kinds of wagers if he's making $300K per year? I don't think bookies at that level get there by being stupid.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I can believe that Ohtani (or his financial staff, which you know he has) is stupid enough to not notice $16 million missing over several years. He's going to be mega rich in the next few years, sure, but his net worth the past few years hasn't been big enough for that to be pocket change lol.

And what bookie is going to stake a guy like Ippei for those kinds of wagers if he's making $300K per year? I don't think bookies at that level get there by being stupid.
Well said. $40M in losses for a guy making $300K. Ya, I am sure that happens all the time in the bookie business.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani should check his account today...

Fabian Ardaya
@FabianArdaya
·
4m

Ippei Mizuhara surrendered to authorities Friday in Los Angeles and was released on a $25K bond.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they let th little bastard who stole his money out on 25k bail..
I saw that earlier and laughed. I said at the time Ohtani better check his bank account. There might be $25K missing today...lol.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree!

Estrada is clearly lying here about Ohtani. Ohtani was caught red handed. I am guessing Ohtani was betting on his own games as well. Apparently he used the name "John Smith" as his cover. The interpreter cooked up a story to cover for Ohtani. The US government is now involved in the cover up. Sources said that Ohtani threatened the US government to diviluge secrets about Area 51 if they did not look the other way.

Apparetly Ohtani and his interpreter were using hand signals to communicate gambling strategy, as such, there is no hard evidence. Any evidence that did exist was put in the Ark of the Covenanent.

Ohtani is a compulsive gambler no doubt and is looking to acquire the Holy Grail with his winnings. He should be thrown out of the game forever
I see we have an Ohtani nut hugger here.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see we have an Ohtani nut hugger here.
Nope, just an educated fan and not a conspiracy theorist.

Note the post when I presented the facts. Funny, nobody responded.

But hey, let's not let the facts get in the way.

Ban ohtani!

Who is with me?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ban ohtani!

Who is with me?
People on here don't respond when things are just dribble. Sorry t break that to you Also, nobody on here cares one bit if Ohtani plays or is banned. He was never going to be a Mariner so we wrote any interest in him off years ago.

But enjoy our board. We let anyone post...and I mean anyone. See you at the next meeting.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ban ohtani!

Who is with me?

Ohtani changed his story a couple of times and no bookie will hand out that line of credit to a gambler unless he knows who's financially backing his bets. I'm sure you knew that since you're the genius here.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People on here don't respond when things are just dribble. Sorry t break that to you Also, nobody on here cares one bit if Ohtani plays or is banned. He was never going to be a Mariner so we wrote any interest in him off years ago.

But enjoy our board. We let anyone post...and I mean anyone. See you at the next meeting.
I like Ohtani and have nothing against him even when he was a LAA but he got caught. Whether he placed bets we'll never know unless the bookie hands over the ledger, but that will never happen if there's other names in there he doesn't want leaked. Placing bets or wire tapping money to cover gambling debts is illegal in California.