• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Visitors (Dec. 13-15)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting the post-season visiting period and Nebraska is hitting the ground running. Also hurts that under new NCAA rules there will be a dead period from Dec. 16-Jan. 16 as far as visiting so Nebraska has two weekends to get OVs in before the next possible weekend (Jan. 17) which means, counting this weekend there are only 5 OV weekends left this cycle.

Eric Lauderdale: 4-Star JUCO WR (Nebraska has been in on Lauderdale for quite some time and it seems as though Rich Fisher's in home with the young man really paid off. Eric will be visiting this weekend with Rahshead Johnson. Lauderdale would be the second JUCO WR we would take in this class. Earlier this season Coach Fisher hinted that he wanted to take 5 WRs in this class... Nebraska has Demornay Pierson-El, Monte Harrison and Robert Lockhart right now. Johnson and Lauderdale would both be taken IMO.

Kalen Ballage: 4-Star ATH (Nebraska has been on Ballage since the spring and he really likes the idea of playing RB for Nebraska. He's 6'2" 215 lbs and runs a sub 4.4 forty. Could play any number of positions at the next level on offense and/or defense. Ballage is a rare talent that, if used correctly, could see the field early as a true freshman.)

Joshua Keys: 3-Star JUCO CB (Keys is the highest rated JUCO corner left available an 89 on 247Sports (1 point from a 4-star) and a 5.7 on Rivals (.1 away from a 4-star). I think Nebraska would take all three JUCO CBs if they could and they could move Cockrell to the Safety/hybrid mix.) [Just FYI Keys isn't actually visiting this weekend, but he is deciding on Saturday. Keys visited with Keels earlier this year]

Kweishi Brown: 3-Star JUCO CB (Brown is a name out of nowhere and a JUCO at that. It seems Nebraska shifted their focus from McDaniel to Brown. His film is good, very similar to McDaniel's but he is a May enrollee. Not sure why the switch happened but it seems Brown would be taken as the #3 JUCO CB in this class.)

Coltin Gerhart: 3-Star ATH (Looks like Nebraska has found someone else to kick the tires on as their second QB in the class. Nebraska would like Flowers, but he has visited already and seems firm on his commitment to USF (though anything can happen). Gerhart is offered as a QB for Nebraska and is currently committed to ASU as an ATH. They don't want him as a QB, but he might want to try a shot at QB in which case Nebraska would give him that shot. This visit seems to have come out of nowhere but Nebraska has put in a lot of work to develop a relationship here. If the Gerhart name is familiar, his brother is Toby Gerhart. Both hale from Norco, CA.)

All the JUCO CBs are big ones, at least 6'1" and 180+ pounds. Those are SEC type corners and would be fantastic gets for Pelini's physical style of play on the edges.

Nebraska will lose Kenny Bell and Jamal Turner the 2014 season and would be down to 4 scholarship upperclassmen WRs. If they had 5 in this class (2 JUCOs) they would have 9 in 2015 with three seniors. Also remember that Monte Harrison may go pro in baseball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is on the road this week as well so the number of OVs could climb into the week.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Fish is in home with Johnson tonight, they're not messing around

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Coach Fisher, Joseph, Kaz, Garrison, and Ronnie B, how is it exactly that Els is elected to RC? Unless of course all their success is all Els doing?

The last bit was with the sarcasm font

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Coach Fisher, Joseph, Kaz, Garrison, and Ronnie B, how is it exactly that Els is elected to RC? Unless of course all their success is all Els doing?

The last bit was with the sarcasm font

The RC hardly goes out on the road recruiting, you actually want your best evaluators and organizers as RC's and I think Els is that. He's not the greatest recruiter in the world either so he's the logical fit at the position. Also BRW in its current form was his brain child... not bad considering it has yielded some of our most high profile commits in the past two cycles.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other articles state that Johnson would love an offer from USC.

He decommitted from Washington TWICE. He wants playing time. Someone needs to tell him that there is Alonzo Moore, Jordan Westerkamp, Sam Burtch, Jamal Turner, Tariq Allen, Kenny Bell ahead of him. The good news, Nebraska does not mind playing freshmen.

Reading the tea leaves, he had a good visit at Washington State. Mike Leach is a pretty good recruiter and that style of play probably appeals to Johnson more. I will say Washington State gets him.

Hopefully, Tim Beck and Fisher have some good film to show him to get him excited. We know Washington State showed him some good film.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump for new visitor

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these OVs (plus possibly McDaniel and a JUCO OL) have been moved to next weekend. OP fixed for that change.

nvoting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful the WR from California ever steps foot into Lincoln. He will be committing to USC. That is where the relationship/connection will lead him to.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubtful the WR from California ever steps foot into Lincoln. He will be committing to USC. That is where the relationship/connection will lead him to.

I don't think he goes to USC... perhaps Washington State... was really miffed at Sarkisian for leaving the way he did, don't think he'd go to USC simply because Sark is the coach there. Of course, I could be wrong, have been before.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump for visitors... could lose out on Lauderdale visiting... I think Johnson is still coming.

nvoting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump for visitors... could lose out on Lauderdale visiting... I think Johnson is still coming.

Yep, surprising he might come for a visit this weekend.

Kalen Ballage should be coming with his parents, or at least his mother. He will be visiting Washington and Arizona State as well.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, thanks nut.

man, i didn't realize we were down so much depth at WR? I thought we had good recruits at those positions the last few years.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know... Going to Florida instead of Tempe is actually a big plus for recruiting.

We landed Zack Darlington because he was able to attend some of our bowl practices and talk to the coaches... He said that was the major factor in getting him interested in NU.

Tons of talent nearby. I hope he's making calls to get a big group of targets coming to practices and maybe even the bowl game.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always, thanks nut.

man, i didn't realize we were down so much depth at WR? I thought we had good recruits at those positions the last few years.

Moore, Westerkamp, Allen, we get Bell and Turner back, Monte Harrison is a 4 star (yes I know baseball is an issue) and that JUCO kid from Miami is supposed to be the real deal...

I'm not that concerned right now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ballage wants to play RB, that is one crowded looking backfield... Dunno about that one.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ballage wants to play RB, that is one crowded looking backfield... Dunno about that one.

Yeah, he's dang talented and speed like that doesn't grow on trees though. Bring him in and give him a shot. If he wants to see the field early let him switch positions. I think he could be a dynamite kick and punt returner.