• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Venting Thread AKA ACCCG/Sugar/Lockhart Venting Thread

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 could be a rough year. And to think we open with Bama in the Georgia Dome.

People like to point to Boykin and DC as under the radar recruits, which they were, but they also came in atleast 6' 190lbs and ran no slower than a 4.5. Show me a WR recruit in the last 2 years that has atleast those measurables.

Last edited by a moderator:

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They've got to stop that, it's so dumb. Frank just signs up to play these games but I don't give a shit about anyone else respecting VT. I'd rather play a shit OOC and try to run the table in a shit ACC so we can maybe slip into the MNC and maybe pull off a miracle. Frank will never be anything more than a 10% chance to win against Saban and these games don't help at all. All this continues to show is how bad Frank is at coaching in the big game.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2013 could be a rough year. And to think we open with Bama in the Georgia Dome.

People like to point to Boykin and DC as under the radar recruits, which they were, but they also came in atleast 6' 190lbs and ran no slower than a 4.5. Show me a WR recruit in the last 2 years that has atleast those measurables.

Coale was one of the most poorly rated recruits VT has ever gotten. By and large if you're a camp offer for VT there's about a zero percent chance you're an actual 2*. The kids we get a week before NSD by and large are(kids like Maddy being the exception) but Coale was just hidden away in small league football, he was a fucking stud and showed out at camp.

Recruiting services missed in a huge way with Coale.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've got to stop that, it's so dumb. Frank just signs up to play these games but I don't give a shit about anyone else respecting VT. I'd rather play a shit OOC and try to run the table in a shit ACC so we can maybe slip into the MNC and maybe pull off a miracle. Frank will never be anything more than a 10% chance to win against Saban and these games don't help at all. All this continues to show is how bad Frank is at coaching in the big game.

I have 0 respect for you after that comment. If you want to sit back and hide like a pussy and hope we get somewhere by luck, you can go cheer for UVA because you have no place in big time football. Playing these games is extremely important for a program. We have lost to better teams in the games but if you notice, we are are getting closer and closer. We need some coaching tweaks, everyone here will agree with that, but VT and Beamer have the mentality that we won't back down. We will play anyone. It is important for recruiting and exposure and that is what builds a program. If you remember, we had an extremely young defense and we were beating Bama in the 4th quarter. That Bama team won the NCG. We lost to BSU in the last 3 minutes after a horrible start to the game. We should have won the Sugar Bowl but that has been discussed already. We beat Nebraska two years in a row. Recruits want to play in big games. That outside perception you don't care about unfortunately drives everything. Recruits want to play for big time programs. If they hear VT is a wuss school that is afraid to take on challenges every time they watch ESPN, good luck getting them to play here.

As a coach you teach your players to be competitive and strive for the best, never back down and give it all you have. Your model is contradictory to all of that.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just join the SEC. Problem solved. And no I am not being sarcastic.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should just join the SEC. Problem solved. And no I am not being sarcastic.

I think a conference change would help whether to the B1G or SEC. It would force us to become a more physical team and help recruiting.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have 0 respect for you after that comment. If you want to sit back and hide like a pussy and hope we get somewhere by luck, you can go cheer for UVA because you have no place in big time football. Playing these games is extremely important for a program. We have lost to better teams in the games but if you notice, we are are getting closer and closer. We need some coaching tweaks, everyone here will agree with that, but VT and Beamer have the mentality that we won't back down. We will play anyone. It is important for recruiting and exposure and that is what builds a program. If you remember, we had an extremely young defense and we were beating Bama in the 4th quarter. That Bama team won the NCG. We lost to BSU in the last 3 minutes after a horrible start to the game. We should have won the Sugar Bowl but that has been discussed already. We beat Nebraska two years in a row. Recruits want to play in big games. That outside perception you don't care about unfortunately drives everything. Recruits want to play for big time programs. If they hear VT is a wuss school that is afraid to take on challenges every time they watch ESPN, good luck getting them to play here.

As a coach you teach your players to be competitive and strive for the best, never back down and give it all you have. Your model is contradictory to all of that.

A)I don't give a fuck if you respect me.
B)I don't give a fuck how good those teams VT lost to ended up being, VT STILL FUCKING LOST
C)Frank Beamer is not a big game coach and until VT hires one, those games should be avoided at all costs until it becomes necessary to play one(ACCCG, bowls)
D)Why don't you go take a gander at the 1999 schedule because what I described is exactly what VT did outside of winning the MNC

I've got a big fat newsflash for you: nobody respects VT as an elite team and 1 win in a big game is never going to change it. VT would need about a solid decade where they played a top 10 OOC team every year and went at least 7-3 or better in order to change the idea that VT is no longer a joke in big games.

The above is never, ever, ever going to happen as long as Frank Beamer is coach so they should spend what time he has left not being humiliated and setting the next coach up as well as possible.

ImAHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh and please, when do you ever hear ESPN talk about how school X is afraid to play tougher teams OOC? Get real, nobody talks about bad OOC scheduling on ESPN, that's ridiculous. All recruits see when they turn on ESPN is VT beating up terrible ACC teams and losing to whatever top 10 team they stupidly scheduled that year for September.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A)I don't give a fuck if you respect me.
B)I don't give a fuck how good those teams VT lost to ended up being, VT STILL FUCKING LOST
C)Frank Beamer is not a big game coach and until VT hires one, those games should be avoided at all costs until it becomes necessary to play one(ACCCG, bowls)
D)Why don't you go take a gander at the 1999 schedule because what I described is exactly what VT did outside of winning the MNC

I've got a big fat newsflash for you: nobody respects VT as an elite team and 1 win in a big game is never going to change it. VT would need about a solid decade where they played a top 10 OOC team every year and went at least 7-3 or better in order to change the idea that VT is no longer a joke in big games.

The above is never, ever, ever going to happen as long as Frank Beamer is coach so they should spend what time he has left not being humiliated and setting the next coach up as well as possible.

you sir....should go be a uva fan.....

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Oh and please, when do you ever hear ESPN talk about how school X is afraid to play tougher teams OOC? Get real, nobody talks about bad OOC scheduling on ESPN, that's ridiculous. All recruits see when they turn on ESPN is VT beating up terrible ACC teams and losing to whatever top 10 team they stupidly scheduled that year for September.

You didnt catch any ESPN from the time VT was announced for the Sugar?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, in fact that is all I heard all season was about our OOC schedule and why we wouldn't get a shot at the NCG if we won out. Did you watch any of the CFB shows this year?

By your theory BSU should be in the NCG every year when they go undefeated playing nobody...

I would rather earn a championship than hope to luck into one in the future.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh boy, the doom and gloom that I'm used to at Rivals has reached SportsHoopla now. Come on guys, you're supposed to keep the sanity here.

WR is going to be a concern in 2013, but there are guys there. We just don't know about them yet. I hope it won't be like 2008 again and hopefully we have Logan back, but if not we'll have Leal as a JR. Both will be experienced a bit more than Tyrod was in 2008.

And we have to play these big OOC games. They not only help make the team better, but provide great exposure and resources for the program. We have not won them, but they do and will help us play better in our bowl games. We can't win these games if we don't play them, which is why we need to play more of them. We just shouldn't schedule multiple great teams like Alabama and Nebraska in one season.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy boys. If you disagree, just say that! Saying "I have no respect for you" becomes confrontational and then everybody gets mad. For what it's worth, I think both of you are correct in certain respects. It does seem that we are making strides (even without Kirven or Caleb, this still looks to be our best recruiting class ever) and no one can complain with the consistency we've had over the years.

That being said, I still think that we need to win more big games before we get respect. Outside of Virginia, it seems like everybody hates on VT and thinks that we are overrated. In my opinion, a lot of the big games we have lost have been because of lesser talent, not poor coaching. The one game where I think we were more talented was against Boise, but I think that right now, Peterson is the better coach.

I don't want to see Beamer go. I think that he has earned the right to leave on his own terms and unless some scandal surfaces, this shouldn't change. I just wish that we could convince just a few more studs to come here so that we can can compete physically with all of the other big programs. Until we can consistently bring in classes like 2012, I don't think we stand a chance of reaching the top.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, the doom and gloom that I'm used to at Rivals has reached SportsHoopla now. Come on guys, you're supposed to keep the sanity here.

Wasn't expecting to hear we should back down from a VT comrade. Got me all revved up.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so let's keep the ranting and raving over here. The recruiting thread is our most viewed and lurked thread and I would like it to sty at least quasi-on topic. Continue to go at it here all you would like. Argue how you want, but try and stay off of the personal attacks, guys. Let's maintain perspective here.

Cheers!

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100% on this. Would you rather be a UVA coach telling a potential recruit that you have UCLA and Penn State (with all due respect these D1 teams are on the slide) on the schedule the next coupla years or a VT coach telling them we have Ohio State, Wisconsin, and 'Bama? I would rather us play these teams and trust me, if you are a season ticket holder you would definitely be too. There was so many people raising hell about VT scheduling Austin Peay a month ago that it was ridiculous. I will play one of these teams every time, if we win, we win, if we lose, we lose. IF we do win one of these games and somehow run the table, THAT win may be the difference in #2 and #3 in the BCS. I can take positives and negatives on both of your posts Nick and Iam, but honestly more from Nick's. I can get frustrated with the coaching staff at times as well, but most of us on here think that all in all, we are pretty lucky to have a better than average coaching staff. The next coach up may not be as good...just saying. To think that we may hire a BIG TIME coach is somewhat naive IMO. Then again that depends on what you think a BTC is.. I understand your disappointment and frustration Iam but that is not the way we try to go about our business on SportsHoopla. Lets all try to keep it chill. Thats all on that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather play big games against good teams and lose then play cupcake state for OOC.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Croc and the such on this. The hottest fire makes the strongest steel. If we can be complacent and seem successful, why change and that is what the ACC is right now. We need some tough OOC games, and we need them to keep us honest about where we stand. An occasional cupcake schedule is fine, but overall, to grow as a program we need the tougher fights.