• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

official Nuggets vs. Lakers thread...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm guessing this will probably be Retro's job in the coming weeks starting these threads, but i wasn't sure. just didn't wanna step on anybody's toes. anyways, after last night's game looking for the Lakers to control the paint better, stay aggressive, establish some consistency scoring(lol after that bad 3rd quarter last night, though it really wasn't horrible shot selection), and of course whcih of the newbies are gonna step up. hoping for more promising signs tonight...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey CL67. No offense taken. You can start any thread you'd like. I normally do post-game analyses and I'll be watching and checking in at half time. Have at it, dude and I'll see you at halftime.

Davwy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's game should be a better indicator than the Golden State game. Though the Warriors are a better team than the Nuggets, this is more about seeing how the Lakers play as a team with both Nash and Gasol there, which may be the case for a while if Kobe takes long to come back.

The Lakers did well in the first have, which was great, considering the Warriors played most of their A team. Though, they are still trying to figure out their chemistry too with the addition of new players. The Warriors play more of a free wheeling games, so I can see the young Lakers doing well in that. Not great defense on either side in the first half.

The Lakers didn't have a problem scoring last season and probably have less of one this season, so though it is nice to see scoring from Henry and Young and such, there probably will not be a shortage of player willing to take shots and making them.

Defense is really the issue. And we don't really have bruisers like Metta and Howard. Want to see how it goes when the games gets a little slower and methodical with Gasol and Nash.

Want to see how Henry plays in against a different defense. Don't know the nuggets is that test.

Blake is not going anywhere. But he's reliable and a calming vet that you sometimes need at point.

Glad that Odom is getting another chance. Didn't think he got one last season, and I think the team didn't think so either. He was only released because of injuries and it looked like the Lakers needed space to sign someone.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is tough because the Dodgers are beating the shit out of the Braves at the same time.

I am in heaven

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers look a little sluggish with Blake, Nask, and Gasol in there. Alot of missed shots by Landry early on. There are still in it so we will see how they do in the second half.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one kinda disturbing trend i see is going cold in long stretches. hoping that's a bug they work out before the season starts...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well CL67. You can't win many games going 3 for 21 in the third but I like the way Harris, Henry, and Landry led a late forth comeback with threes out the wazoo and Darius Johson-Odom taking it to the hole with the dunk. Henry is a keeper and so is D. J-O. I like Landry and Harris even though both started slow this evening.

It almost makes one want to conclude that they should get rid of the old guard and put in these new guys because we have some young athletic players that can shoot. Between Harris, Landry, and Harris, we have some serious offensive production. Wesley Johnson looks lost. Shawne Willimas may make the team. Sacre is beginning to play well too.

We take the loss and play the Nuggies again on Tuesday. We shall see how that one turns out but I am encouraged at the talent stream Mitch has put together and this team may really be good over time.

Like I have stated before, we have some real good young players and guys like Meeks better be careful or he will be out the door.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to channel surf as much as possible but it was a little hard since the Dodger game was so intense...we have alot of work to do but will be okay atleast the guys are coming to play...still great energy