• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

official Nuggets vs. Lakers thread...pt 2...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good double team!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
win. let the "circle jerking" begin...

oh, and since a certain board blight says well finish 12th i'm saying the Lakers will make the playoffs...just to spite that piece of trash lol...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 in Ontario!! Time to move the team!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita. I did see the give and take. Another epic battle and your points are closer to reality than SJ76's obsession with rippin' Sammie a new one. That team is really young and Sammie is too and both of you made great points that are all true. We are just going to have to grow together as a team because we are so young and Sammie really does need to step up and leave his tendency to be quiet and reserved because that is not going to work especially with the notion that he is being paid to be a leader who makes others better around him. And of course, that is difficult to do when your receivers are way young and your O-line sucks and are going to sink like the proverbial maffia hit in the East river!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how this team is playing Chris Kaman really looks like his old self compared to last year in Dallas it's great to have him already playing well with Gasol, something Dwight Coward couldn't do. Good to see the Black Mamba cheering the guy's on.

We need to cut back on turnovers, 22 turnovers will kill us on any night but i think it's something they will improve on that's what Rambis was brought in for & we have the energy to do it, but so far so good very nice pre season good job Lakers :nod:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game where the score did not reflect the Laker dominance early on, the Lakers held on to beat the Nuggies 90-88. I especially liked Nash's over-the-left-shoulder-no-look-pass to Kaman for the dunk. I like what I saw with the developing chemistry between Gasol and Kaman and how they worked well together. They looked really smooth opposed to the disjointed look of last year with you know who. I also liked Robert Sacre's effort again tonight as he had some good play on both ends of the court especially late in the game. I knew this guy would come around.

I really liked Jordon Hill's performance this evening with his rebounding and his little 12-15foot jumper that he nailed often. In fact, all the bigs had a great night inside and I really like how everybody is playing together as a team and being competitive and not quitting like they did last year.

Steve Blake had a very good night as Farmar is nursing a sore hammie and Xavier Henry is absolutely a keeper with his consistent attacking the basket mode every chance he gets. Nick Young is also a keeper and Landry and Harris had an off night and Landry did not help himself much with his disasterous long ball shooting. A lot clanking going on with that dude. Shawne Willilams had a solid effort but he needs to pick it up.

We also had pretty decent defense tonight by everyone. This team looks so much more together than anything last year. However, we again lost a huge lead with our offense going south again near the end of the third well into the fourth. This is the third game in a row where we seem to go to sleep offensively in one or more quarters. This pattern has to change. We have to learn to play consistent basketball for four quarters.

The troops did make it exciting in the end and even Kobe, who was riding the pine enjoyed himself. I look for good things for this team the rest of the way as we now stand 2-1.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a game where the score did not reflect the Laker dominance early on, the Lakers held on to beat the Nuggies 90-88. I especially liked Nash's over-the-left-shoulder-no-look-pass to Kaman for the dunk. I like what I saw with the developing chemistry between Gasol and Kaman and how they worked well together. They looked really smooth opposed to the disjointed look of last year with you know who. I also liked Robert Sacre's effort again tonight as he had some good play on both ends of the court especially late in the game. I knew this guy would come around.

I really liked Jordon Hill's performance this evening with his rebounding and his little 12-15foot jumper that he nailed often. In fact, all the bigs had a great night inside and I really like how everybody is playing together as a team and being competitive and not quitting like they did last year.

Steve Blake had a very good night as Farmar is nursing a sore hammie and Xavier Henry is absolutely a keeper with his consistent attacking the basket mode every chance he gets. Nick Young is also a keeper and Landry and Harris had an off night and Landry did not help himself much with his disasterous long ball shooting. A lot clanking going on with that dude. Shawne Willilams had a solid effort but he needs to pick it up.

We also had pretty decent defense tonight by everyone. This team looks so much more together than anything last year. However, we again lost a huge lead with our offense going south again near the end of the third well into the fourth. This is the third game in a row where we seem to go to sleep offensively in one or more quarters. This pattern has to change. We have to learn to play consistent basketball for four quarters.

The troops did make it exciting in the end and even Kobe, who was riding the pine enjoyed himself. I look for good things for this team the rest of the way as we now stand 2-1.

I'm not too worried re: the offense. It seems to run into trouble when combinations of players, some of whom won't be playing much or even be on the team, are in the game!! Once they have D'Antoni's system down and the regulars are playing their normal minutes, I believe the offense will be just fine.

My concern has been the defense and that seems better than expected so far!!

But then, what do I know? I'm just another Lakers "circle jerker"!!:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also liked Luke Walton's debut as an announcer on NBATV tonight. He's a natural and better than his dad. Pretty good with Byron Scott and James Worthy too. Nothing like a panel of ex-Lakers as announcers!!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also liked Luke Walton's debut as an announcer on NBATV tonight. He's a natural and better than his dad. Pretty good with Byron Scott and James Worthy too. Nothing like a panel of ex-Lakers as announcers!!

I am just happy he isn't playing for the Lakers - Keep him talking so he doesn't get out there on the court

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Now!! Lay off Luke ya bastidges!!:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I may join the circle jerk....

I'm liking the line-up flexibility that the Lakers have. Kaman and Gasol worked really well together last night. Last season, Dwight had to be on the block. He has no game outside the paint. Both Kaman and Gasol are very good in the mid-range. Gasol is the better post player and passer, but Kaman is not bad in those areas either. As we saw last night, there were some nifty high-low passing between those two which led to easy dunks. Combine that with Nash's deft screening ability and the Lakers can run some nice actions between these three.

I thought the smaller line-up with Hill and Williams was also effective. Williams is having a great preseason so far. He is showing to be a very capable stretch-4 in D'Antoni's system. I think he'll be a very productive bench player this season.

Marcus Landry has pretty much shot himself off the roster these last two games. He's missing open looks and forcing early shots. I guess he figures he needs to get a shot up before the ball gets into Xavier's hands. Add Boateng, Gadzuric, and DJO to the list of players who will be cut.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK Lakersrule. I think Don'tknowi might go with DJO than Meeks!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they cut Meeks and his guaranteed $1.5 million.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right on Meeks. I suppose Blake and Meeks will be around for at least another year unless we trade one one of them. I agree that Landry has indeed shot himself off this roster. They have to cut 7 players as there are 22 in camp to date.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake doesn't get a lot of love of this board!

I thought he had another good game yesterday. He seems to have a good feel and control of this offense. He's learning from Nashty about keeping his dribble alive while probing in and out of the paint to get teammates open looks. He's a very capable 3-point shooter. He's gonna get lots of PT seeing as they want to minimize Nash's.