• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts:

Winners:

-Phoenix: nice haul of assets even though they paid too much for Bridges
-Dallas: getting Doncic was a great move
-Denver: getting MPJ well worth the risk even if he sits out a year or two. He could be the Embiid of this draft.
-Spurs: may have just drafted their Kawhi replacement

Losers:

-Atlanta: they better pray Trae Young is the second coming of Curry. If he is, they look like geniuses. If not, they will be ridiculed for a long time.
-Kings: passing on Doncic for Bagley was a mistake, IMO. Bagley will be a double double guy, by I don't think he will have nearly the impact of Doncic.
Wizards: typical Wizard draft. I am not sure they got any better at all.
Lakers: didn't like their draft. Adding shooters to potentially pair with LBJ or Lonzo is nice, but they needed to add some athelticism too and they didn't.

thought picking Wagner was ok, but i did kinda question the rest...

agree that athleticism should've been addressed more...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively he probably is.

Defense though?

Nah bro.

People really don’t get how good Lowry is.

He’s probably a top 20 player by composite rankings.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had an interesting thought.

Jalen Rose and Beadle pointed out that the Knicks could afford to gamble on Porter because Porzingas might miss the entire season next year anyway.

If the thought is that Porter will be Greg Oden, I get that.

But, if Porzingas is out for the year and Porter will eventually get right, the Knicks just missed an opportunity to 6er it. They could have combined 2 elite talents both red shirting on a team likely to lose at least 60 games next season.

I get why Knick fans were booing last night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People really don’t get how good Lowry is.

He’s probably a top 20 player by composite rankings.

You really do need to rely on more than composite rankings.

Lowry is a good player with a rep for coming up really small in the biggest moments.

He is defintely a better player than Trae Young and it isn't close. But, on the offensive side of the ball he might be. Young is going to be a terrific offensively player. The question is just how badly will he be bullied defensively.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love this kid already. Seems his work ethic is through the roof and seems a perfect fit. And also...

Beautiful seeing these guys' dreams come true.

Loved him while he was playing at the University of Miami.

He was loved by everyone down there as work ethic isn't a question.

I think you guys got a steal again. Big fan of this kid.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had an interesting thought.

Jalen Rose and Beadle pointed out that the Knicks could afford to gamble on Porter because Porzingas might miss the entire season next year anyway.

If the thought is that Porter will be Greg Oden, I get that.

But, if Porzingas is out for the year and Porter will eventually get right, the Knicks just missed an opportunity to 6er it. They could have combined 2 elite talents both red shirting on a team likely to lose at least 60 games next season.

I get why Knick fans were booing last night.

Yeah that was a potential loss. Potentially have Porter red-shirt and Porzingis out for the year to get healthy would've meant that the Knicks would've been a bottom of the cellar team. This would've resulted in a likely top 3 pick. Knicks fans would take that in a minute. But that franchise is a mess, so this is not surprising.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty funny to see him balancing the draft day hat on top of that pineapple of a haircut

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losers:

Lakers: didn't like their draft. Adding shooters to potentially pair with LBJ or Lonzo is nice, but they needed to add some athelticism too and they didn't.

I agree completely. They did need shooting badly, but that would've preferably been paired with some athleticism and defense, not one dimensional players. Wagner is a bit more, but is more of a try-hard guy than an NBA athlete.

At least they added Malik Newman after the draft as a two-way contract. He's a bit on the small side, but is another shooter to add to the mix, but an actual athlete that can defend a bit on the ball. Their other additions (Joel Berry, Jeffrey Carroll) are likely just camp bodies.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Mikal Bridges trade was cold-blooded. Does his mom quit today? Many of these other trades were told to the picks as they were selected; that one above all should have been made known earlier.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm curious what Landry Shamet means for Markelle Fultz.

So now the Sixers have 4 point guards on the team if we consider Ben a PG. Is Shamet going to play more a 2 guard role? Or are they going to be looking to deal Fultz/Shamet?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"steal" is often a word used to describe who the Spurs draft but it's crazy how it often turns out to be true. I'd really love to see a Murray/Derrick White/Walker lineup at some point.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are my thoughts:

Winners:

-Phoenix: nice haul of assets even though they paid too much for Bridges
-Dallas: getting Doncic was a great move
-Denver: getting MPJ well worth the risk even if he sits out a year or two. He could be the Embiid of this draft.
-Spurs: may have just drafted their Kawhi replacement

Losers:

-Atlanta: they better pray Trae Young is the second coming of Curry. If he is, they look like geniuses. If not, they will be ridiculed for a long time.
-Kings: passing on Doncic for Bagley was a mistake, IMO. Bagley will be a double double guy, by I don't think he will have nearly the impact of Doncic.
Wizards: typical Wizard draft. I am not sure they got any better at all.

Surprised they took brown but he’s a reasonable choice.

Idk how they didn’t take zhaire

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm curious what Landry Shamet means for Markelle Fultz.

So now the Sixers have 4 point guards on the team if we consider Ben a PG. Is Shamet going to play more a 2 guard role? Or are they going to be looking to deal Fultz/Shamet?

Post-draft analysis on Shamet:

“Scores at a very high level from the perimeter with a picturesque one-motion jump shot. 33% of his possessions were Spot Ups or Off Screens last season. Scored 1.557 points per catch and shoot jump shot in the half court [99th percentile] shooting the ball with great touch and range. Sets his feet quickly with great shot preparation. Has obvious potential as a floor spacer.”

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 Teams failed Porter Jr. after getting his medical.

I dont know Mecca. The Clips had two picks and this kid if healthy is a top 3 player. Sullinger fell like this as well and Celts took a chance and at least his health was managed well (but he was such a one way player)