• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the Rangers should move to Dallas? I personally think that's a terrible idea. They're fine where they are.

Personally I've always believed they should be in Dallas. I don't have a problem with the Cowboys playing in Arlington or wherever because fans only have to drive there 8 times a season. You take 41 nights in basketball and hockey and double that for a baseball season I think you have to look at big picture.

They're enjoying success right now but when things are somewhat down or they're not all great you won't get people to drive to Arlington combined that with the scorching beaten down summers here. With Dallas you can not only get a bigger footprint in of population but the vast number of money and corporations are there at your disposal. On top of that you can integrate the DART so people can take the train to the game.

I know they've been in Arlington since they moved here but just because that's always been the case it doesn't mean it's the right decision for the future IMO.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saunders and McCutchen are fucking horrible. Seriously...I am so annoyed Saunders will even be on the roster.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saunders and McCutchen are fucking horrible. Seriously...I am so annoyed Saunders will even be on the roster.
He should have been on the last train leaving town with Kirkman. Most will agree with you I would imagine.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I've always believed they should be in Dallas. I don't have a problem with the Cowboys playing in Arlington or wherever because fans only have to drive there 8 times a season. You take 41 nights in basketball and hockey and double that for a baseball season I think you have to look at big picture.

They're enjoying success right now but when things are somewhat down or they're not all great you won't get people to drive to Arlington combined that with the scorching beaten down summers here. With Dallas you can not only get a bigger footprint in of population but the vast number of money and corporations are there at your disposal. On top of that you can integrate the DART so people can take the train to the game.

I know they've been in Arlington since they moved here but just because that's always been the case it doesn't mean it's the right decision for the future IMO.

The Rangers would lose the personality of their team. All the atmosphere and fun would be sucked out of the games like a vampire. Have you not seen basketball / hockey games at the AAC? Mostly corporate people who don't understand or care about the games get those tickets. I don't know about you, but I'd rather cater to the average fan than the George W Bushes of the world.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rangers will add minor league free agent Daniel McCutchen to the roster, according to a tweet from his representatives at Sosnick Cobbe Sports. Texas will need to add the reliever to the 40-man roster in order to activate him.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers will add minor league free agent Daniel McCutchen to the roster, according to a tweet from his representatives at Sosnick Cobbe Sports. Texas will need to add the reliever to the 40-man roster in order to activate him.

Dumpster fire waiting to happen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why I would have taken 75 pitches from Colby rather than a guy who could supposedly throw 100 and get his rear kicked like Saunders. That roster spot was not earned it was handed to him. I would of even taken Hanson over him. So what if we were out 2 mill. Could use him as long relief later.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is about it for our ST thread. Bring on the regular season.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am looking at the big picture. It is an absolute beating every time I have to drive to Dallas. It's much easier to drive to Arlington for the people living in Ft. Worth. It's in the middle of Ft. Worth and Dallas for a reason.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round rock is coming to okc next week. Any way to tell if Colby will be pitching any of those games?

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did everyone know that Wilson was starting on opening day? I read an article from a few days ago. That was news to me. I thought Murphy looked better than Wilson.