• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official 2014 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't get that at all unless the Rangers really don't like Chirinos.

If they don't do that ... then there are only two catchers on the depth chart until Soto returns. Not saying I like it ... but Gimenez can't be demoted without waiving him ... while Chirinos is a call away. JP is going to get all the starts anyway ... but Gimenez is in Taylor Teagarden territory.

Next subject for interest will be trying to figure out what BAL will send back up the 'underground railroad' to TEX in exchange for Michael Kirkman.

BAL is probably wishing they hadn't given TT free agency now ...

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:

I had 2 designed... the one shown, and this one (attached)

I decided to go with the white jersey w/Beltre. :suds:

Great job man. This looks way better than even the ones I did way back when. Seriously... great work!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great job man. This looks way better than even the ones I did way back when. Seriously... great work!

The red white and blue all pop next to each other. It also doesn't look busy for as much stuff is in the banner. He really did a bang up job.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice will be good, but Trout? Nope not a chance in hell

I know it's just the spring, but his triple slash is pretty damn sexy.

.381/.409/.730

If he can go .285/.330/.650 I will be a happy man.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's just the spring, but his triple slash is pretty damn sexy.

.381/.409/.730

If he can go .285/.330/.650 I will be a happy man.

Just checked his spring splits and he has way more ABs vs RHP than he does LHP and actually has higher numbers vs RHP. Get this kid in the damn lineup!!! He needs to play 4 games a week. Let Choo DH if you have to, but get Choice in the game.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was on ESPNs site and I find it amusing.

2. The Tigers could've saved money and reduced risk with a different contract structure

Under the terms of Cabrera's extension, he will get the highest annual salary for any player, ever. Executives with other teams are convinced the Tigers could've signed him without committing for so many seasons. "You could give him $35 million for three seasons [in an extension]," said one official, "and you would've saved yourself more than $100 million in risk. Hell, you could give him $45 million a year for three years, and it would've been impossible for him to turn that down -- and you save money on the back end."

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in a town near Fort Worth and have noticed this. What baffles me is why are people in Dallas so douchey? They have money, but not much else . Dallas isn't a 1st class, world renowned city like New York or Los Angeles. Maybe a dallas person could chime in on this.

Baseball games are less douchey because they are in Arlington..... The snobby rich people don't want to drive up to an hour to each ranger game.

I'm really not sure how much travel you've done but if you don't think Dallas is a 1st class city you're sadly mistaken. Dallas is one of the very very few southern city/market that competes with any of the "top" cities in North America. It also depends what you're comparing Dallas to other places with? Overall however Dallas is an elite market and city and it's only getting bigger and stronger. Every one of the cities mentioned have their own great niche about it but in the end all would be considered 1st and world class.

Snobby rich people have never had a reason driving an hour to watch a Rangers game. If you haven't noticed the history of Rangers baseball has been beyond forgetful for the most part. I do think in this day and time and distance can play a role especially in a baseball season that plays 81 nights a season. You can say what you want but snobby rich people have money and have lots of clout and they are needed. The Rangers need to be not only where the people are but where the money is and Dallas & surrounding suburbs have it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:

I had 2 designed... the one shown, and this one (attached)

I decided to go with the white jersey w/Beltre. :suds:

Love the banner but I think it may be time to remove the 2010 and 2011 AL Champs verbiage. Yes great years and memorable but the team came up short and we've approached 2014 now. But on the whole excellent job.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not sure how much travel you've done but if you don't think Dallas is a 1st class city you're sadly mistaken. Dallas is one of the very very few southern city/market that competes with any of the "top" cities in North America. It also depends what you're comparing Dallas to other places with? Overall however Dallas is an elite market and city and it's only getting bigger and stronger. Every one of the cities mentioned have their own great niche about it but in the end all would be considered 1st and world class.

Snobby rich people have never had a reason driving an hour to watch a Rangers game. If you haven't noticed the history of Rangers baseball has been beyond forgetful for the most part. I do think in this day and time and distance can play a role especially in a baseball season that plays 81 nights a season. You can say what you want but snobby rich people have money and have lots of clout and they are needed. The Rangers need to be not only where the people are but where the money is and Dallas & surrounding suburbs have it.

So you think the Rangers should move to Dallas? I personally think that's a terrible idea. They're fine where they are.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think the Rangers should move to Dallas? I personally think that's a terrible idea. They're fine where they are.

I really agree with this. Dallas had their chance at the Cowboys again and blew it, so they don't need the Rangers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing I like when I go to Denver is you can take public transportation to the game. And it has been fixed up nice around the areas where they built their stadiums and arena for restaurants and such. I kind of miss that around here.

Now on a side note I do wish it had a retractable roof. Because there are some games where it feels like a sweat box. Rangers fans deserve a lot of credit for the attendance numbers we have had lately when considering just hot it can be at those games.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really agree with this. Dallas had their chance at the Cowboys again and blew it, so they don't need the Rangers.

Laura Miller and Jerry Jones were best of friends. :gaah:

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK yeah I love the banner and set up.

I agree ... super banner!

The red white and blue all pop next to each other. It also doesn't look busy for as much stuff is in the banner. He really did a bang up job.

Love the banner but I think it may be time to remove the 2010 and 2011 AL Champs verbiage. Yes great years and memorable but the team came up short and we've approached 2014 now. But on the whole excellent job.

:suds: Thanks guys.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read that they are going with an 8 man pen till the 5 spot comes up in the rotation... that means a standard 4 man bench.

Choice.
Backup Catcher (that guy from Oakland I assume) (though I like Chirinos),
Murphy seems like the starting 2B - so Josh Wilson?

That leaves 1 spot... Kouz?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked his spring splits and he has way more ABs vs RHP than he does LHP and actually has higher numbers vs RHP. Get this kid in the damn lineup!!! He needs to play 4 games a week. Let Choo DH if you have to, but get Choice in the game.

I am ok with him playing some in CF as well