• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Of the four nmajor sports whcih one does coaching make the bigggets difference

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion its the NFL. Just look at the Cardinals and the Chiefs and see what getting a solid head coach and a solid staff can do. I don't think there is any way this same team has the record they do today with the old coaching staff.

The NBA is all about who has the most talent. Now coaching does matter and one example is the Lakers who are nowhere near as good as when Phil Jackson was there.

MLB is also about who has he best talent for the most part, and the NHL is about the same.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely the NFL. The short schedule(number of games played) plays a major role but just look how often coaching changes can turn a bad team into a playoff contender.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think its Baseball. Coaching is important in football but there are so many minor things that need to be done during a baseball game that can ultimately effect the out come. It also takes a keen mind when you know when to take the pitcher out when to shift the infielders when to make the outfield play deep how to position your line up. That and its generally all on the head coach while in football the HC generally doesnt call the offensive or defensive plays.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football.. and I don't think it's even close to be honest.

People forget that the HC in Football might not even be the guy calling the shots on the field, that is the Coordinators... the HC in many cases is just the organizational leader that puts it all together. ALL of the coaches in Football are massively important.

In Baseball, yes, you do have many small moves.. however, it is considerably more simplistic than in the game of football.... There isn't much "scheming" involved in Baseball, you don't have to completely come up with a different gameplan for each opponent... you basically just have to go out and execute.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think its Baseball. Coaching is important in football but there are so many minor things that need to be done during a baseball game that can ultimately effect the out come. It also takes a keen mind when you know when to take the pitcher out when to shift the infielders when to make the outfield play deep how to position your line up. That and its generally all on the head coach while in football the HC generally doesnt call the offensive or defensive plays.

I agree, so many decisions and it comes down to one pitch that can make the difference. Even a sign from the third base coach can make the difference in a game.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lean toward football, but Bill Calahan coached in a super bowl, so it is hard to say it is that important. Baseball has a lot of small game time decisions, but the coaches have a lot more time to ponder and make the decisions. You basically have an unlimited number of time outs in baseball. It is an interesting debate.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's most important in football for reasons stated above.

Baseball is tough...I think with less talented teams, it's incredibly important. But with teams like the Yankees where you basically have an all-star lineup...well...I feel pretty confident I (and most 8th graders) could handle making those lineups and decisions.