• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Observations from yesterdays game against Seattle

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I am a gluton for punishment I watched the game twice. It was just as ugly the second time around if not worse.

1. I place a lot of the blame for this lose on Chip. For a guy who is suppose to be so inovative I saw nothing yesterday from him other than the TD pass to Maclin that was innovative. Whether he knew Sanchez arm limitation (very evident yesterday) or it was just a poor game plan this lose is squarely on the Head coaches shoulders. I also think he got caught up in the poor officating, way too much I saw him argueing with the officals Rightly so because they were putrid yesterday. But still he has to figure a way to get his guys open even through the illegall contact.

2. Fletcher Cox was a flat out beast yesterday, he is playing an all pro level.

3. Michael Kendricks has really blossomed over this past few weeks, I believe if he can stay healthy next year he will be a pro bowler by then.

4. We need to put a all points bulliton out for Darrin Sproles, this guy was so instrumental in wins early this year and now he is non existant in the offense. He simply is not on the field enough.

5. I thought Malcom Jenkins and Nate Allen had good games yesterday, if Jenkins intercepts that pass it becomes a great game. They both were all over the field. Yes Jenkins got beat for a TD but that is as much to do with Seattle getting their best reciever on him and Davis refusal to play anything than a base defense against them.

6. OK I waited long enough to unload on the officals and the NFL. It was obvious from the start of this game that this crew was on Seattles payroll. They effected the game in every way possible. From missed calls that resulted in points (illegal man down field that was missed) to replays that should have happened (Never got a good enough look but it appeared Baldwin did not cleanly catch the ball right before the half before stepping out o bounds. It should have been reviewed) to ticky tacky calls to waiting until the defense was set before they would allow the Eagles to snap the ball. There is no secret why they Eagles are now 1-5 over the past two years under this crew. The NFL assigned this crew because they wanted the Dallas game to have meaning next Sunday night, they also wanted the Seattle game on Sunday night in two weeks against Arizona to have meaning. Very evident to me that the officals effected game. A friend of mine was at the game and he is livid he is a season ticket holder and he said this: The NFL made me sit through the preseason games that I Had to buy with all those illegal contact penalties, I then had to watch a team come in here and on just about every play engage recievers beyond the five yard line. Its border line criminal what the officals let these guys get away with.

7. I was not aware of Shadys issue before the game. Losing a loved one is as tough a thing as anyone can go through. I take back my bitching about him yesterday as he was trying to play with a heavy heart. My condolences to you and yours Shady.

8. All the more reason why Sproles should have been used more

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now things get very interesting for Sunday. Cowboys will have a full week and few days to rest up for coming to the Link in a game for the top of the division. Should be a very good game. I think it will a close knock down drag out dogfight.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no complaints. We were dominated by the SB champs, who have regained their edge. too bad we didn't catch them early in the season, like Dallas was able to do. I think Seattle will bet GB for the NFC championship. At least I hope so. I now hate GB about as much as I do Dallas. I admire Seattle, and hope we get to be a lot like them. Plugging a few holes, and adding another stud WR will get us there.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my observation from yesterday game is that this team needs more game changers. Right now they only have Sprole on offense and a couple potentials on defense. Mccoy use to a game changer. But now he's too inconsistent.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I agree with you Taz. CK should have done a better job with the game plan. I don't think he did enough to create mismatches (not that really could be any against the Seahawks). Games like this is where a power running game can help.

2. There was also a problem with the defensive game plan. The defense gave up almost 450 yards to IMO an average offense. I will have to say that Russell Wilson played really well and I have to eat a little crow on that one.

3. Overall the Eagles were outcoached. The Seattle defense is very good an very fast but there were opportunities.

4. The officiating was absolutely putrid. I am not one to say officiating affected the outcome but I have to say that it did in this game. They let the Seawhawks get away with illegal contact all game long. I had a feeling that officials were in the seahawks pocket when they got a measurement near the goal line when the Eagles clearly made it by more than a yard.

5. If given another chance I believe Kelly and company will redeem themselves.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I agree with you Taz. CK should have done a better job with the game plan. I don't think he did enough to create mismatches (not that really could be any against the Seahawks). Games like this is where a power running game can help.

Agreed

2. There was also a problem with the defensive game plan. The defense gave up almost 450 yards to IMO an average offense. I will have to say that Russell Wilson played really well and I have to eat a little crow on that one.

The 450 yards given up is a product of being on the field for 2/3 of the game. Also factored in should be that the two longer drives given up before the 4th quarter (both ending in TD's) were kept alive by the officials.

3. Overall the Eagles were outcoached. The Seattle defense is very good an very fast but there were opportunities.

Probably - though if the opportunities are there, it is the players not executing.

4. The officiating was absolutely putrid. I am not one to say officiating affected the outcome but I have to say that it did in this game. They let the Seawhawks get away with illegal contact all game long. I had a feeling that officials were in the seahawks pocket when they got a measurement near the goal line when the Eagles clearly made it by more than a yard.

That was the confirmation. Early indication was provided by the non-call on the obvious PI against Celek on the 1st Eagles' drive.

5. If given another chance I believe Kelly and company will redeem themselves.

I am not too sure... the talent - especially QB - simply does not seem there...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be misguided, but I'm not worried about Dallas. I still think Philly takes care of business and wins the division. But I think it is now crystal clear that the Eagles can't run with the big boys in the NFC and are a second tier playoff team. They're maybe a one-playoff win team but that is the ceiling this year. If we played Green Bay and Seattle each 10 times, I think we'd lose 9 or 10.

The hole at RG is glaring any time we face a good opponent. Ditto on the limitations of Sanchez, who seems to lack heart. And while the defensive front seven has really developed into a very good unit, the back four still need an infusion of talent. Jenkins had a "Mamula" game, in which he came close but whiffed on a huge potential game-changing INT and gave up a TD on a streak pattern. Nate Allen still can't tackle and is at best a stopgap player, like our starting corners.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Kelly got outcoached last night. I don't expect that to happen too often. Maybe he was afraid of Sanchez vs that D but the playcalling was horrible.

2. That Seattle D just doesnt miss a tackle. I can't remember 1 play that an Eagle broke a tackle. Every 3rd down pass short of the line the D made the stop. No matter what. It was amazing to watch.

3. Our D has got to be the most conditioned one in the league. They were on the field for 41 minutes and never let up.

4. Dallas... At the linc... For basically the division... At 830 meaning a well lubed crowd... I can't wait.

5. I left this for the end because I'm not one to say the officials affected the outcome of a game. This one though, they did. They didn't call blatant holding and PI by the Seahawks, yet called ticky tack ones on the Eagles that extended drives or helped the Seahawks move down the field. They NEVER allowed the Eagles to run their tempo offense. I was at the game and noted that the refs would blow the whistle to start play with 30 seconds left on the playclock when Seattle was on offense yet stood over the ball until 20 seconds (giving the SEattle D time to set up) when the Eagles had the ball. This point was proved when they measured for a 1st down when the Eagles got it by a yard+. The big 40 yard PI call the Seattle WR came out after the game and said he ran into Williams to get the call. It was obvious even in the stands that was the case.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Nate Allen sucked and Jenkins had his worst game as an Eagle.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. I left this for the end because I'm not one to say the officials affected the outcome of a game. This one though, they did. They didn't call blatant holding and PI by the Seahawks, yet called ticky tack ones on the Eagles that extended drives or helped the Seahawks move down the field. They NEVER allowed the Eagles to run their tempo offense. I was at the game and noted that the refs would blow the whistle to start play with 30 seconds left on the playclock when Seattle was on offense yet stood over the ball until 20 seconds (giving the SEattle D time to set up) when the Eagles had the ball. This point was proved when they measured for a 1st down when the Eagles got it by a yard+. The big 40 yard PI call the Seattle WR came out after the game and said he ran into Williams to get the call. It was obvious even in the stands that was the case.

Have a link for that (the bolded)? I presume you are talking about the call against Fletcher...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe EKA is referencing a Doug Baldwin statement. Baldwin did say he ran into your defender. The reason why was because your man was out of position, playing the WR, not the ball while impeding the WR's opportunity to run to and catch the ball. Instant flag if called correctly.Your CB was guilty of 4 DPI rules which I have included.

It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball.

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a link for that (the bolded)? I presume you are talking about the call against Fletcher...

Yeah, Fletcher not Williams. I thought it was on Williams when I was at the game.

I don't have a link, but they were talking about it on the radio this morning and Kelly was asked about it during his presser today.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe EKA is referencing a Doug Baldwin statement. Baldwin did say he ran into your defender. The reason why was because your man was out of position, playing the WR, not the ball while impeding the WR's opportunity to run to and catch the ball. Instant flag if called correctly.Your CB was guilty of 4 DPI rules which I have included.

It is pass interference by either team when any player movement beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders the progress of an eligible player of such player’s opportunity to catch the ball.

Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

Did you actually watch the play? Fletcher's head was turned looking for the ball. Your WR ran directly into him not even looking for the ball. If anything, it was a no call or PI on the WR. Apparently, even the TV announcers said it was a bad call.

And after watching the Seattle DB's clutching and grabbing all day with no calls, you may just want to take the win and get out of here.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Fletcher not Williams. I thought it was on Williams when I was at the game.

I don't have a link, but they were talking about it on the radio this morning and Kelly was asked about it during his presser today.

As a Seahawk fan there is no doubt our guy (Baldwin) said it. It was a heady play by our WR and a poor job done by the defender.

Do you not see that or is this a refs hate you and love us complaint?

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Seahawk fan there is no doubt our guy (Baldwin) said it. It was a heady play by our WR and a poor job done by the defender.

Do you not see that or is this a refs hate you and love us complaint?

How could it be a poor job by the defender when he was looking for the ball and the WR purposely ran into him to draw the penalty? YOu just admitted he did it. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. If you can't at least admit that it was a poorly officiated game in the Seahawks favor, then I have nothing more to say to you. No one said it cost the Eagles the game, but it did contribute to their struggles.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you actually watch the play? Fletcher's head was turned looking for the ball. Your WR ran directly into him not even looking for the ball. If anything, it was a no call or PI on the WR. Apparently, even the TV announcers said it was a bad call.

And after watching the Seattle DB's clutching and grabbing all day with no calls, you may just want to take the win and get out of here.

Damn :L.

I DVR'd the game and just rewatched to play in case I have to eat some crow. At 11:21 left in the 3rd qtr with 6 seconds on the play clock we ran that play.
1) Our guy WAS looking for the ball.
2) Your guy looked back at the same time our guy made a move towards the ball which was thrown inside of the field of both players.
3) The T announcers did NOT say it was a bad call. At first they did say the call could go either way. Once reviewed both announcers justified the call. Initially I thought it was OPI from viewing the original camera angle. At a different angle is was easy to see Baldwin locate the ball as he tried to steer himself towards middle field but your guy #24 was in the way.

Did you actually watch the play?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could it be a poor job by the defender when he was looking for the ball and the WR purposely ran into him to draw the penalty? YOu just admitted he did it. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. If you can't at least admit that it was a poorly officiated game in the Seahawks favor, then I have nothing more to say to you. No one said it cost the Eagles the game, but it did contribute to their struggles.

I admitted that Baldwin said he ran into your guy to get the flag. Your guy was too late looking back for the ball as our guy made his move. If Baldwin does not run into #24, there is no PI because there would have been no impeding the WR.
It was a correct call.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be misguided, but I'm not worried about Dallas. I still think Philly takes care of business and wins the division. But I think it is now crystal clear that the Eagles can't run with the big boys in the NFC and are a second tier playoff team. They're maybe a one-playoff win team but that is the ceiling this year. If we played Green Bay and Seattle each 10 times, I think we'd lose 9 or 10.

The hole at RG is glaring any time we face a good opponent. Ditto on the limitations of Sanchez, who seems to lack heart. And while the defensive front seven has really developed into a very good unit, the back four still need an infusion of talent. Jenkins had a "Mamula" game, in which he came close but whiffed on a huge potential game-changing INT and gave up a TD on a streak pattern. Nate Allen still can't tackle and is at best a stopgap player, like our starting corners.

Well put. :agree:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All smart players will try to draw some penalties from time to time, nothing wrong with that PI move.

The early flopping by some of the Seahawks players like Lockett was more offensive.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All smart players will try to draw some penalties from time to time, nothing wrong with that PI move.

The early flopping by some of the Seahawks players like Lockett was more offensive.

I have NO argument with that. Weak sauce try on Mr. Lockett.
I have now recorded the play in question on my phone and will attempt to put it on YouTube. I'm not at all sharp on that stuff but I will give it a shot.
No doubt on DPI on that play.