• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OBJ OUT FOR SEASON

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, if they wanted a WR all that bad could have just kept the pick and used it on Metcalf. Peppers would be nice to still have in the secondary. He's not great but decent and would be a big upgrade now.

Yeah Peppers is just ok or average, Zeitler seems like he regressed but the Browns OL looks great to this point. That 1st round pick was the key. Guys drafted after #19 - Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, Deebo Samuel, A.J. Brown, Mecole Hardman, DK Metcalf...most in the 2nd round though. Who knows maybe they go defense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Peppers is just ok or average, Zeitler seems like he regressed but the Browns OL looks great to this point. That 1st round pick was the key. Guys drafted after #19 - Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, Deebo Samuel, A.J. Brown, Mecole Hardman, DK Metcalf...most in the 2nd round though. Who knows maybe they go defense.
also lost their 3rd rounder. Peppers is better than average. How much better? Not sure. But he's certainly better than anyone we have now.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is there "no way"? OBJ just a name at this point last couple seasons. All the talent in the world does not matter if you cannot run precise routes. Pretty sure in barely more than a half Higgins went for more yards than OBJ has in any game here (maybe had more against Jets when he had an 80 yarder?)

So you think Higgins is better than OBJ? It's simple, if we are talking about comparing players OBJ is better...wasn't talking about chemistry and all that. Better for the Browns is a different question. Chemistry is a huge part of a QB-WR combo, it doesn't mean a player is better than another bc they have a great connection with a QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Higgins is better than OBJ? It's simple, if we are talking about comparing players OBJ is better...wasn't talking about chemistry and all that. Better for the Browns is a different question. Chemistry is a huge part of a QB-WR combo, it doesn't mean a player is better than another bc they have a great connection with a QB.
If OBJ did what he has done the last 3 seasons but his name was not OBJ would you want him (if healthy, of course)? would anyone pay him big $$$?

Not trying to pat myself on back as I was fine with the move when it happened.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also lost their 3rd rounder. Peppers is better than average. How much better? Not sure. But he's certainly better than anyone we have now.

Not really. PFF isn't everything but he is average at best. Browns safety room is a mess, still would like them to pick up someone else. I like Harrison.

Sendejo has a PPF grade of 45, which is awful. Peppers has a grade of 55, which is still below average. Like I said, he is average at best. Better than Sendejo and Joseph, sure but not a huge upgrade. Ronnie Harrison has been much better this year with a grade of 80.0 and remember the Browns lost Delpit so it could be Harrison-Delpit as the future starters. Peppers isn't a huge loss or anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. PFF isn't everything but he is average at best. Browns safety room is a mess, still would like them to pick up someone else. I like Harrison.

Sendejo has a PPF grade of 45, which is awful. Peppers has a grade of 55, which is still below average. Like I said, he is average at best. Better than Sendejo and Joseph, sure but not a huge upgrade. Ronnie Harrison has been much better this year with a grade of 80.0 and remember the Browns lost Delpit so it could be Harrison-Delpit as the future starters. Peppers isn't a huge loss or anything.
Peppers has had some solid games. as I said, not great but still think slightly above avg. But I'll defer to PFF grades. I like Harrison a lot and no doubt could be him and Delpit next season.

Curious...I see what everyone else does with sendejo and he often seems to be on wrong end of some big pass play (and I'd love an upgrade to him). I have seen some decent run stops from him and seems fast as hell to ball. what is his run grade?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a great mood this morning. Not sure what you're talking about. Although it's funny how you ran to shark's defense. You called me francis. :pound:And you think I'm the one that's somehow upset. :crazy:
i "ran" to his defense? lol no, i called you about for being cranky, which is exactly how you're acting. "lighten up, francis" is an expression, it's from the movie "stripes". and yes, you're overly upset by a little sillyness from shark. relax.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So hard to believe better without him, but it did get Higgins on the field and Baker looked like 2018 baker.

The world will never understand what Higgins did to Fred Kitchens mom or wife to get buried behind Khadarel Hodge and Damion Ratley

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best news for the Browns fans.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Talent" wise doesn't necessarily mean a player is better but from a "team" standpoint it certainly could. You could have all the talent in the world and be a dick and not perform because you think you don't get enough touches (OBJ) as a result QB forces to you. Or you could be a run of the mill guy who is a team player, performs when called upon and QB feels comfortable with and as a result the ON THE FIELD results are better

Look at Brady's favorite target (name escapes me now... Sims?)..... No one has heard of him but he's outperformed OBJ and Brady and the team loves him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Talent" wise doesn't necessarily mean a player is better but from a "team" standpoint it certainly could. You could have all the talent in the world and be a dick and not perform because you think you don't get enough touches (OBJ) as a result QB forces to you. Or you could be a run of the mill guy who is a team player, performs when called upon and QB feels comfortable with and as a result the ON THE FIELD results are better

Look at Brady's favorite target (name escapes me now... Sims?)..... No one has heard of him but he's outperformed OBJ and Brady and the team loves him

Of course, but OBJ isn't just more talented he has proved it on the football field with his production. OBJ is more than just talent, if we were talking about just a talented player that hasn't proved it I can see your point. My original point was OBJ was a better player and he is. Doesn't mean he is better with Baker bc they just seem to not have that connection for some reason. That being said, OBJ's worst season with Baker is still better than Higgins best season with Baker so even that logic is wrong.

The point is going forward I think it is best Baker is comfortable bc he is the QB and hopefully the future. I don't think OBJ is a good fit with him and now with his injury he might not ever be the same OBJ athletic-wise and if he does back to form it might not be till the 2022 season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but OBJ isn't just more talented he has proved it on the football field with his production. OBJ is more than just talent, if we were talking about just a talented player that hasn't proved it I can see your point. My original point was OBJ was a better player and he is. Doesn't mean he is better with Baker bc they just seem to not have that connection for some reason. That being said, OBJ's worst season with Baker is still better than Higgins best season with Baker so even that logic is wrong.

The point is going forward I think it is best Baker is comfortable bc he is the QB and hopefully the future. I don't think OBJ is a good fit with him and now with his injury he might not ever be the same OBJ athletic-wise and if he does back to form it might not be till the 2022 season.
Much of this is true, but it matters if OBJ does not go all out to know the playbook, run precise routes, etc. Hell, look at the INT. OBJ wasn't even looking for the ball. You so sure was not designed to be a back shoulder pass like Cinci ran over and over with AJ Green?

as I said, if his name was not OBJ and he put up the numbers he has the past 2-3 years would you want him?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for OBJ it will be a long time before he is 100% if this was going to happen to an athlete I would rather it be someone that already signed their monster contract.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for OBJ it will be a long time before he is 100% if this was going to happen to an athlete I would rather it be someone that already signed their monster contract.

He is as much to blame for not having gotten the monster contract yet as anything that has happened to him.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is always diminished when we lose talented players, diva WRs or not. Hope for a speedy recovery for him.