• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NYI - the ugliest 2 points of the year?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
game shoulda been put away in the first, save for great goaltending (kind of like the Detroit game).
problem is, they came out in the 2nd like it was in the bag. That second period was just pond hockey.
They looked like they wanted the extra point in OT, hopefully that urgency carries over, b/c the previous 40 minutes looked like shit.

oh well, at least there was some razzle dazzle in the shootouts.
onwards and upwards!!

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a few ugly ones along the way but ya, that was a lackluster effert.

2pts is 2pts though.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that type of game ESPECIALLY after playing a team like Detroit (no offense Isles Fans) but its expected almost to have that kind of showing. I fully expected a loss in OT last night or in the SO. those are BIG points to take away (like all EAst ones) but those are the game that should be auto 2 pts (again no offense Isles fans) but like they say thats why they play the game

grover345

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ugly ones happen quite a few times a year. The difference is we're not loosing them (look at St Louis two seasons ago). But it's not like they are always playing to the opponents level. The last thumping against Edmonton is proof of that. So far this season, this team has won a game in every type of situation.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Ugly ones happen quite a few times a year. The difference is we're not loosing them (look at St Louis two seasons ago). But it's not like they are always playing to the opponents level. The last thumping against Edmonton is proof of that. So far this season, this team has won a game in every type of situation.

yes, this season the team tends to put its foot down when it senses a weakness.
that's a huge step up from... well, the past 40 years really. :)

8 games have been won by 4 goals or more already this season (against two losses of 4 goals or more).
that's a great sign of not letting up.