• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NY Mets @ Colo. Rockies ( 5/1-2-3 + 4)

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver (5/1) -- Juan Lagares believes he is ready to rejoin the Mets.

Lagares, who has been on the DL with a pulled right hamstring, was expected to play one final rehab game with Triple-A Las Vegas on Wednesday night, then rejoin the Mets for Thursday's series opener at Colorado.

“My leg feels loose. It feels good,” Lagares told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “I’ve been running a lot, and I don’t feel anything. ... I think right now I’m 100 percent. I’m ready.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LGM.JPG

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets landed at 4:15 a.m. ET in Colorado on a flight from Philadelphia.
They’ll open a four-game against the Rockies at 8:40 p.m. ET.
Bartolo Colon (2-3, 4.50 ERA) gets the start for the Mets, opposed by Juan Nicasio (2-1, 5.27 ERA) for the Rockies.

Let's take at least 3 from this series!!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRST PITCH: After a rainout in Philly and then waiting hours for their chartered plane, the Mets will open a four-game series Thursday night in Denver.

Juan Lagares is expected to be activated from the disabled list for the series opener, as the Mets likely begin employing a four-man rotation in the outfield. Denver native Kirk Nieuwenhuis would appear the logical player sent to Triple-A Las Vegas to clear the roster spot for Lagares.

• Lagares, due to join the Mets, indicated he does not mind being a part of the outfield rotation.

“For me I don’t think about that,” Lagares told Mitch Abramson in the Daily News. “I just want to keep working hard and be there for the team. Anywhere they need me I want to be ready for it. Any decision they make, they know what they’re doing. I just want to go work hard and work every day. If I don’t play, then I’ll be ready.”

As for landing on the DL with a pulled right hamstring while he had been performing so well (including a .314 batting average), Lagares added: “It’s a little hard, because when you’re there and you do good, you want to stay doing it. When something happens you feel a little down. But it’s like I said, it can happen to anybody and the only thing you can do is keep working to try to come back to try to keep doing the same.”

Eric Young Jr. will have a family reunion with his father, Rockies first-base coach Eric Young. And LaTroy Hawkins, who signed with Colorado for $2.5 million, will get to catch up with his 2013 teammates.

Bartolo Colon (2-3, 4.50 ERA), who had been slated to start Wednesday in Philadelphia, instead opens the series against the Rockies at 8:40 p.m. ET at Coors Field. Colon opposes right-hander Juan Nicasio (2-1, 5.27)

• Tyler Kepner in the Times notes the Mets and Yankees have the same 15-11 record but different expectations. They both are on pace for 93 wins.

i

Jeff Roberson/Associated Press.....Sandy Alderson again discussed his 90-wins goal.

Sandy Alderson tells Kepner, referring to his much-dissected 90-wins goal: “We challenged ourselves to think realistically about what each player could do. It’s not like we believe everybody has to have a career year in order to achieve this. That’s not the case. So when we laid out our goal, it wasn’t so daunting. But it did force us to think: How do we do this? It’s something that informs your approach on a daily basis. …

“The fact that we have the record we have, and the month we’ve had, without the offensive contributions, gives me optimism as opposed to pessimism,” Alderson added. “I’m confident we will not have three or four players under .200 for the bulk of the season.”

Kepner noted the Mets are the only MLB team to have their starting pitcher complete five innings in every game this season. To that point, Alderson said: “I think that breeds confidence, when they have the sense that they have an edge or at least an even shot. That’s one of the benefits of having a deep rotation, and in some ways, it’s better than having a 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. If you have a bunch of two-and-a-halves, you get that feeling every night.”

Alderson also insisted the Mets have room to add payroll.

/

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• Columnist Ken Davidoff in the Post suggests Chris Young is starting to heat up.

• Mike Vorkunov in the Star-Ledger writes that Daisuke Matsuzaka is still getting acclimated to relief work.

• Noah Syndergaard sliced his Pacific Coast League ERA to 3.94 by limiting Reno to one run in seven innings. Ricky Knapp tossed 7 1/3 scoreless innings and earned his first professional win as Savannah beat Delmarva, 1-0. Read the full minor-league recap here.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DENVER -- Juan Lagares has been activated from the disabled list for Thursday's series opener against the Colorado Rockies.

Lagares replaces Kirk Nieuwenhuis, who has been optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas.

Lagares is returning from a pulled right hamstring. He appeared in one game for Class A St. Lucie and three games with Las Vegas this week.

Terry Collins has indicated his four primary outfielders will share three starting spots.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night Mets' lineup vs. the Rox

Juan Lagares, cf
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Lucas Duda, 1b
Chris Young, lf
Curtis Granderson, rf
Travis d'Arnaud, c
Ruben Tejada, ss
Bartolo Colon, rhp

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughhhh

Murphy for some reason tried to take an outside pitch the other way but lines out to 3rd...and DW lines into a DP to Tulo.

(nice start...lousy finish to that inning)..but at least they're hitting the ball hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DENVER --( 5/2) -- The lineups for the Mets' 8:40 p.m. ET game against the Colorado Rockies on Friday at Coors Field.

Eric Young Jr. sits for a second straight game since Juan Lagares returned.

Carlos Gonzalez sits for the Rockies with a bruised finger but expects to return to the lineup Saturday.

i

Lagares, cf
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Chris Young, lf
Curtis Granderson, rf
Josh Satin, 1b
Travis d'Arnaud, c
Ruben Tejada, ss
Zack Wheeler, rhp

Rockies
Charlie Blackmon, cf
Nolan Arenado, 3b
Troy Tulowitzki, ss
Justin Morneau, 1b
Wilin Rosario, c
Chris Dickerson, lf
Brandon Barnes, rf
D.J. LeMahieu, 2b
Jorge De La Rosa, lhp

WTF......doesn't TC understand EY is the table setter for this lineup???
He's always tinkering and fixing what isn't broken........Ugghhhh
(why not sit Grandy against the lefty????)

And forcryinoutloud, give Recker a start...instead of once in every 4 or 5 games.....yikes.

Last edited by a moderator: