• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Number 18

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll probably find an answer before getting a reply, but I noticed on flyers Twitter today RJ Umberger will be wearing number 20 this season. Does anyone know the reason for the switch from #18.

Quite frankly I never thought he was worthy of 18, but it's interesting that he would change considering that's been his go to number his entire career (except when Richie was here obviously).

Just curious.

Ps Hi Everyone. Been a few years since I posted.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably find an answer before getting a reply, but I noticed on flyers Twitter today RJ Umberger will be wearing number 20 this season. Does anyone know the reason for the switch from #18.

Quite frankly I never thought he was worthy of 18, but it's interesting that he would change considering that's been his go to number his entire career (except when Richie was here obviously).

Just curious.

Ps Hi Everyone. Been a few years since I posted.

Maybe he's changing it for luck, who knows

And I think he wore 18 because even though Chris Pronger wasn't playing, technically he was still on the roster and he had number 20 so that might have been why

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's up phaith! long time man. hope everything has been treatin you well.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it is worth found this article...this might be old news so apologies if it is and Cobie already nailed it

Flyers unveil jersey numbers for new players

"The departure of Chris Pronger opened the door for R.J. Umberger to go back to his roots with the team. Prior to the trade that sent him to the Columbus Blue Jackets, Umberger wore no. 20 for three years. Maybe he’s looking to change his luck with a new pair of digits."