• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Northwestern

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate them as much as I used to, when they started finally beating us and rubbing it in I loathed them. But after the dust has settled I really respect what they consistently do with much lesser talent than the bulk of the Big Ten. A little annoying that KF and staff couldn't figure them out for many years, but seems like the tide is turning back to Iowa's favor again.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love a coach that schemes to win games while building a program at the same time. And then factor in the top graduation rate in the country...pretty amazing. I don't hat NW because it is a program that Iowa shouldn't lose to - but once every 15+ years - kind of like the run that Fry had against Iowa St.

Fitzy hates Iowa because he broke his leg while playing against Iowa...all the more reason to piss-pound his team every year to remind him that we will always be better than you on the football field.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really understood Fitzgerald's reasoning there. Because he broke his leg playing Iowa he has a "score to settle??" Did someone purposely hold him down and snap his leg? Don't get it, but I guess certain people need to have some type of goal (or hatred) to motivate them so whatever floats your boat. Regardless, Iowa will win this week. Call it a hunch.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me, NW and Wisconsin are likely tied at #1, first, I really do not think any team should wear purple, never looks good, which is why LSU doesn't do it but just a tiny bit and why the Minn Vikings are cursed and Washington will never be that good overall (Don James era aside)

everyone pundit in the US is picking NW to beat Iowa this weekend

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

I don't get the hatred part either. I wonder if Fitzy didn't get to play in the Rose Bowl game because of his leg. I haven't gone back to research that point yet. But maybe that isn't the reason???

Iowa should dominate tomorrow. Hope KF allows that to happen and Iowa gets another 59-3 blowout game.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd or 4th. Nebraska is my least favorite. I went to college in Nebraska and it just kind of escalated. I am starting to get Wisconsin to be next - mainly because everyone thinks they are historically elite even though they have only been elite in the recent past). Northwestern would be in there with Ohio State.

I would probably put Northwestern above Ohio State because Iowa has never really had the better team over Ohio State. When they did, they won. Most years, Iowa should have beaten Northwestern when they beat Iowa.

Then it is teams I pretty much have no problems with. Michigan State has a program that is copied by Iowa's. Penn State is a team that has always made Iowa look good. Nothing against Minnesota. I have no reason to dislike Michigan. I find their fans to have a pretty good understanding on how their team is.

The rest don't have any reason to like/dislike because they don't play enough or have a rivalry-type feeling to it.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I think I dislike MSU more than any other Big Ten program. They just always seems to have both arrogant, annoying fans and their teams are pretty ghetto and will dance around like they just won the lottery on a basic tackle or layup in basketball. Yet they're really just consistently better than average and not great, especially in basketball.

Timkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio state is on top of my hate list. I usually cheer for anyone in the big 10 as long as they arent playing iowa. But everywhere I have worked there is at least 1 osu fan that annoys the hell out of me every time they win.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well so far, this game is going well, but outside that first drive, I am starting to get a bit worried, should be up 21-0, but not playing like we should

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
argh, same old shit...this game is over, nice win again NW...guess it is time to go out and mow the yard, ridiculous as usual, this is why I hate playing NW, it's another Iowa State, should never lose but we seem to find a way to do it time after time.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Penn State, Michigan, in NO PARTICULAR ORDER. But today, Minnesota isn't on that list...unless they fail to beat Nebraska. They are back on next week no matter what.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will admit it, I watched the whole thing, thank goodness for the D to step up finally, nice to get that W

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty happy with this game........once it was over.

NW got away with a ton of holds (pretty much everytime they ran to the outside IMO).

I have no idea why we run to the right side, I know that's the direction we scored our TD, but nothing else ever works going right. Get a FB or TE and pound Weisman Left behind Scherff.

A win's a win.

Go Hawks!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone still want to argue about Iowa winning 8 games? Enter Hoops......

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game didn't really prove anything to me except were closer to being the team we were than the team we all want to be.

If we can pull something out against Wisky, I'll start believing in this season. NIU and MSU losses are hard to get past for me...