• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Northern Brewer

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got their magazine last night. On the very first page is their newest creation......Plinian Legacy or something to that effect. Supposed to be a Pliny clone, not sure if it is Younger or Older. Anyway, it is $50 and I am thinking of stopping on my way home from work tomorrow and picking it up as a birthday gift to myself.

My question is this, has anyone brewed one of their clone brews and how did it turn out? I am sure the beer would turn out good, but I really only want to shell out that kind of money if they have a history of good clones.

They also have a few others new beers, a smoked bacon red ale that I will never brew, and a black IPAD that they call Ace of Spades.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I use NB a lot, I haven't done one of their clones. But if you're looking for a Pliny the Elder clone, might want to consider morebeer too.

Russian River's Pliny the Elder - Extract Beer Kit | MoreBeer

extract 49.99, AG 45.99

not so much a clone, as it is the actual recipe, given to them by the owner of Russian River. I haven't brewed it, but I've been eye-balling it for a while now

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I use NB a lot, I haven't done one of their clones. But if you're looking for a Pliny the Elder clone, might want to consider morebeer too.

Russian River's Pliny the Elder - Extract Beer Kit | MoreBeer

extract 49.99, AG 45.99

not so much a clone, as it is the actual recipe, given to them by the owner of Russian River. I haven't brewed it, but I've been eye-balling it for a while now

I have never done a kit..much less a clone kit. But I will be trying this one. One of the Holy Grails of beer!!