• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No rebuild- PC and Jody Allen

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what/how do we define a team friendly price in this case? $2M/yr? Less? If he has another 130+ yard game this Sunday (or anywhere close), it wouldn't surprise me at all if some team out there -- and it only takes 1 -- to come in with some dough and wreck our "team friendly" plans for him. I am not saying we should overpay or outbid the field for a guy who has been challenged to stay on the field, but I just don't think we can unilaterally dictate his contract for '22. The way he's finished out this season is not going to go unnoticed.

Well we never know what other teams will do. But I do recall having the same fears about Chris Carson who had a much better CV than Penny simply because he played a bunch more than Penny has. And we were all convinced that the team had to let Carson walk and then he got resigned on a very team friendly deal. The truth is that teams just don't want to overspend on RBs because they have such a high injury risk.

Also, we look at him as someone who can't stay healthy, but as of this Sunday's game he will have played in 10+ games in 3 of his 4 years. That's not me saying he's some super durable bellcow, but I bet that's more games played than most people here would guess. If I am his agent, I am going to argue he was healthy enough to play in a lot more games but he wasn't the starter and the team was just being overly cautious as they tend to be. And when he finally got his chance to be RB1, he was out there every week and the numbers speak for themselves.

The problem is not just that he's hurt but also he's walking wounded a ton as well. Take this year, for example. He's played in 9 games but 4 of them he was barely involved as he was still getting into game shape and getting dinged up and missed games. That's been the problem with him. If you remember 2 seasons ago, the offense looked awesome when Carson and Penny were healthy. Then they both got hurt and the offense went to shit.

I would be shocked if any team would be willing to offer him more then 3 million a year. And I'm certain his contract will give the team an out if he gets hurt without too much of a cap hit.

I think the Hawks should re-sign, give him some playing time incentives and also look for another RB that is durable.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bobby Wagner is tradeable. He's turning 32 going into the final year of a deal with a base salary of $16.35M. I think the only 2 realistic options for him are restructure or release.

I highly highly highly doubt the Hawks are trading Bobby. I doubt they will cut him either. They will restructure his deal. I'm guessing a 3 year deal at less than half the yearly salary.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly highly highly doubt the Hawks are trading Bobby. I doubt they will cut him either. They will restructure his deal. I'm guessing a 3 year deal at less than half the yearly salary.
Agreed. I don't think trading him is feasible given his contract situation and age. As a rule, those players are either restructured or released.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bobby Wagner is tradeable. He's turning 32 going into the final year of a deal with a base salary of $16.35M. I think the only 2 realistic options for him are restructure or release.
his cap hit is 20m in 2022 there is no doubt they have to restructure him. Sign him for 2 more years then trade and why does he have no value? Bobby is still one of the best if not THE BEST middle linebacker in the NFL. and middle linebackers play well till 34. Bobby has not shown me any reason to think he wont play well till he is 35. He has not lost much if anything.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his cap hit is 20m in 2022 there is no doubt they have to restructure him. Sign him for 2 more years then trade and why does he have no value? Bobby is still one of the best if not THE BEST middle linebacker in the NFL. and middle linebackers play well till 34. Bobby has not shown me any reason to think he wont play well till he is 35. He has not lost much if anything.

Whether he has trade value or not, he is more valuable to the Seahawks than the 4th round pick they might get in return while eating 3 million in cap hit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he has trade value or not, he is more valuable to the Seahawks than the 4th round pick they might get in return while eating 3 million in cap hit.

He is worth more than a 4th, thats something you give up for a average at best starter not a probowler. He is more than just a starter he is one of if not the best Middle linebacker in the game. A team who's window is open now could use the talent influx he would bring to the defense.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say see how the playoffs go and if one of the teams in the Conference Championship that loses and has a issue with the LBers not being enough then Bobby becomes gold to them. same for the loser of the Superbowl. His value depending on those games could skyrocket. There could be 3 or more teams that would look at Bobby as a important piece.

In my mind Bobby has 3 years at least left at a probowl or barely below it level. He is only 31 right now, Turns 32 in June so only 32 for the 2022 season, 33 in 23, 34 in 24. Plenty left in the tank.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is worth more than a 4th, thats something you give up for a average at best starter not a probowler. He is more than just a starter he is one of if not the best Middle linebacker in the game. A team who's window is open now could use the talent influx he would bring to the defense.

Can you think of an example of a 30+ year old non-QB being traded and netting more than a 4th rounder?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he had no value. He certainly does -- just more as a player (but not for $20M at this point) than as a trade piece.

I don't think you can extend and trade. The extension would most likely involve converting a lot of the '22 base to a bonus that gets divided into the extension years. Bobby still gets a lot of that money, and the Hawks get a couple more seasons out of a very good player at a much lower price. If you sign an extension like that and then turn around and trade him, that prorated bonus gets accelerated to current year and defeats the purpose of doing it (the extension) in the first place.

Reactions: MrS

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner needs to stay, we need leaders that can help the team transition into the next era. Outside of Wagner, I cant think of anyone else that can really do that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many great Linebackers on Wagner's level ever get traded? when I look back at people like Urlacher, Lewis, Brooks none do. Normally a Player of Bobby's talent at his position teams don't want to let go of those guys till they retire. Bobby is worth more to a team on the cusp of winning it all that needs a better defense. He is a player that makes a defense better, He is that good and you all know it. He will play as long as he can, think of it like Ray Lewis. Bobby will be a Probowler when he is 35 years old Plus. Great guy to plug into a defense for the next 3 years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we would still need to draft a RB, or we will be repeating the same mistake we made last year, relying on an injury prone RB to be available.
A late round pick will do

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but FA will set his price tag... If I was him, I'd follow the money with his injury history...

It would be great to resign him with an incentive tiers to help him be competitive in the FA market...
I agree he should follow the money, just hoping the Hawks get lucky and he'll be back on a 1 yr deal and actually stay healthy next season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he should follow the money, just hoping the Hawks get lucky and he'll be back on a 1 yr deal and actually stay healthy next season.

I would always wish for that with CJ and then Penny has been no different. I even wish for it for Chris because he has not been the most healthy guy out there either. Penny/Carson if they could stay healthy would/could be a very formidable backfield thing is Carson is not a healthy back by any means and Penny makes him look like a Ironman. lol

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from bleacher report:

Cowboys Rumors: Dan Quinn 'Top Candidate' for Seahawks, Broncos Head Coaching Jobs​

tried to post the link but it didnt work. considering the source its probably garbage but interesting.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic Fangio was fired, he'd make a heck of a DC which is likely the next job he holds. Just a thought.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they can convince Pete to step own as HC and stay on as Executive VP of Football Operations, bring in harbaugh to run the offense and fangio to run the defense.

i know, borderline treasonous but it would be a big splash which is what this team needs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they can convince Pete to step own as HC and stay on as Executive VP of Football Operations, bring in harbaugh to run the offense and fangio to run the defense.

i know, borderline treasonous but it would be a big splash which is what this team needs
Damn right that’s treasonous. Don’t think I could handle the Seahawks hiring Harbaugh

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn right that’s treasonous. Don’t think I could handle the Seahawks hiring Harbaugh, his bother sure, be fine with that.

Yeah, not a fan of Jim.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:mad2::mad2::puke::rant: