• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No more 49ers vs Raider in Pre-Season

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been discontinued per Kawakami on twitter. Thanks Hooligans. Looks like extra travel time for us in the future you fucking losers.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, good riddance. I know there's the whole geography thing, but that matchup was not intriguing to me. True though, sucks that the team will have to travel more. Maybe they can do one of the TC away things and set up shop on the road for a week or two.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh, good riddance. I know there's the whole geography thing, but that matchup was not intriguing to me. True though, sucks that the team will have to travel more. Maybe they can do one of the TC away things and set up shop on the road for a week or two.

Soon, we will have a rival to the south, and I would rather see that match-up than the Raiders.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
In a way I'm glad because I would rather see different teams than the Raiders every year because I think it benefits the team to see different players and schemes especially from good teams than to see the Raiders year in and year out.

I mean look at the benefits from the Saints game we received by playing them.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the 49ers can replace the Raiders with the Broncos in the preseason, that should be a fairly short flight.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first and only experience with the Raiders @ the 49ers included the following:

-Saw a dude's face get blown up by a punch. Blood all over the wall and all over the security guys that were policing the area. One dude was wheeled out in a stretcher.

-The hallways in the stadium were nearly unwalkable, because the amount of Raider fans clogging them up.

-Saw a dude get thrown down 3 rows and faceplant into other unsuspecting fan's backs.

-Took the Muni to the game 2 hours before kickoff to tailgate (trip usually takes 20 minutes or so). Because of all the Raider fans crossing the bay- it created a complete clusterfuck. Had to get off the Muni as soon as it exited the freeway and ran the rest of the way. Got there in the 2nd quarter.

-The "troffs" were overflowing with piss in several areas.

Glad at least the preseason "Battle of the Bay" is done for awhile. It has gotten out of fucking hand!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't wait 'til the Niners move out of that crap hole where it's too far for Raider fans to take the bus or drive their stolen cars because they won't use any of their drug money on gas.

Santa Clara isn't great, but it's 100 times better than the SF / Oakland area.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a rivalry I never cared about anyway. It means something for locals, but for me its just a game against a weak team.

Am I wrong, or was it also against Raiders when Jeremy Newberry's dad had a bottle broken over his head?

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is a rivalry I never cared about anyway. It means something for locals, but for me its just a game against a weak team.

Am I wrong, or was it also against Raiders when Jeremy Newberry's dad had a bottle broken over his head?

Yeah, Newberrry's dad did receive a bottle over his head. I concur, I could care less about this "rivalry." I rather prefer it be discontinued, too many people getting hurt as a result of hooliganism.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait 'til the Niners move out of that crap hole where it's too far for Raider fans to take the bus or drive their stolen cars because they won't use any of their drug money on gas.

Exactly which part of SF are you familiar with, Sick?

No pun intended to you per se, but there's a lot of folks out there who downplay the city when in fact just having dinner or riding the trolley in SF doesn't constitute someone as being an expert of the city.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although I'd have to agree with you in terms of a stadium it would be wiser for the Niners and their fans to go to a game in SC as opposed to the Hunter's Point/Bay View district of SF. In terms of stadium location and your statement of SC > SF, that part I'd agree with.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not an "expert" on SF by any means. I go on average once or twice a year. There are some really cool things about SF, but I always say it's a nice place to visit but I'd HATE to live there. Lots of crime, huge homeless problem about which the city does nothing... Also the tolls go up a lot faster than the need for what they're supposed to pay.

It's nothing compared to Oakland though. They don't even respond to non-emergency calls any more because they pissed all their money away & didn't leave any for little things like police officers. Stockton is having the same kind of problems, and it's not going to get better any time soon.

One huge problem about the 'stick is it's surrounded by nothing. There's nowhere for people to go to hang out after the game except their cars (and their cases of beer). Santa Clara is a huge step up IMO. Although there are a lot of fond memories in Candlestick I won't miss going there at all.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is certain parts of SF I would love to live in. Cole Valley, Pacific Heights, Baker St by the PoFA, Telegraph Hill, etc. All I gotta do is win the lottery! Speaking of SF, I'm due for some sangria at C3.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's the problem with SF: It's like pockets of Beverly Hills surrounded by Detroit. I don't even like setting foot around Hunter's point or in the areas around Nob Hill.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with SF: It's like pockets of Beverly Hills surrounded by Detroit. I don't even like setting foot around Hunter's point or in the areas around Nob Hill.

Maybe danger just happens to find you? Who likes setting foot on Hunter's Point anyways? Some people, such as those involved in Daniel Lurie's Tipping Point Community to healthcare workers/students to teachers, are involved heavily in helping to improve HP, but they're in the minority. If you're talking about going to football games, then there's some risk but even then you'd have to be pretty unlucky or pretty stupid to get involved in trouble there.

As bad as some spots of SF are, calling it Detroit is just over the top as Detroit is a heck of a lot worse than SF. Perhaps Richmond and Detroit are analogous, but seriously? Knocking on wood, as much as I've been around SF, I haven't run into trouble walking the streets of the city. Of course, you'd have to be smart about your surroundings as well as knowing which areas to avoid after certain times, but that's typical of any big city. If you think SF is bad, I'm pretty sure you haven't seen certain sections of Philadelphia nor NYC which can be pretty bad. Since you've mentioned cities that are crap, exactly what kind of cities stand out to you? :ss: