• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

No criminal charges for Deshaun Watson

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 22 cases was 8 games but 26 is 4 years?

Makes sense.
60 games is just a rumor, and if the NFL was told 22 is all it is and there are no more possible the NFL was lied to.
If there were lies, who lied? Did Watson lie to the Browns or did the Browns lie to the NFL?

Edit: I'll add the 8 games are just rumors too just as the 1 season, so saying 22 = 8 or 24 = 4 years is false especially since it sounds like 2 more cases might drop.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve told y’all I’ve been hearing an unprecedented suspension is fixing to be handed out

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve told y’all I’ve been hearing an unprecedented suspension is fixing to be handed out
1 year for conduct would unprecedented, but this is an unprecedented case(s) so linger won't surprise me.

I'm truly happy it's not a Dallas player because the hate would be warranted but unbearable. Browns fans will be beat into submission over this, especially from Steelers fans.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A minimal suspension would definitely surprise me.

well possibly,maybe, we are wrong, you might have known about de-flated footballs gets you 4 games soooooooo

wouldn't suprise me if it was a minimal suspension

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a rumor... but damn

FVtdUGWX0AgouTu
I can't find anything on this source other than social media. Their Twitter says Jimmy Garoppolo will sleep with your girlfriend if you don't follow us. I pretty sure this is just some dude sitting in his basement making shit up.

I would be fn shocked if Watson is suspended more than 1 game per class action against him. Granted, that is a lot of damn games, but I can't imagine max, that it would be more than that. At this current time we are looking at 24 with possibility of 26 games max would be my guess.

Overall, I think he serves an entire year, saved himself a shit ton of money by writing his contract the way he and his agent did. The league will fine him to take more of it. Houston will wind up paying massive fines and forfeiture of several of the Browns picks they received for Watson, Browns will not get them back either in their part of this whole thing.

Here is my guess on the whole thing:

Watson suspended 1 full year.
League fines Watson 1 million more.
Watson pays a ton in the civil case.
Browns may be fined for structuring Watson's deal the way they did to help him avoid loss (maybe $250,000).
Houston losses the Browns 2023 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick.
Houston is fined $2.5 million.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find anything on this source other than social media. Their Twitter says Jimmy Garoppolo will sleep with your girlfriend if you don't follow us. I pretty sure this is just some dude sitting in his basement making shit up.

I would be fn shocked if Watson is suspended more than 1 game per class action against him. Granted, that is a lot of damn games, but I can't imagine max, that it would be more than that. At this current time we are looking at 24 with possibility of 26 games max would be my guess.

Overall, I think he serves an entire year, saved himself a shit ton of money by writing his contract the way he and his agent did. The league will fine him to take more of it. Houston will wind up paying massive fines and forfeiture of several of the Browns picks they received for Watson, Browns will not get them back either in their part of this whole thing.

Browns may be fined for structuring Watson's deal the way they did to help him avoid loss (maybe $250,000).
Thanks, I never looked at the source of that tweet, but all I find from "reputable " sites is 1 season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're probably right... just invoking the convo lol

But but but... if AB got 8 games for 1 allegation... Then 8x26=208 games (208/17 = 12 1/4 seasons)

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every feeling the Browns had was it would be less than 8 games.

You all are coming out now acting like any of you thought it would be longer than a season. If over a season was even a consideration that should've 100 percent been communicated.

Clearly it wasn't
Seems you are making this up. I'm not sure how you could know any of this for sure. There was always the potential it would be longer than 8 games. I don't even get where that comes from alluding to it not being a possibility from day one based on the charges.

I also don't know what you are talking about with this: "You all are coming out now acting like any of you thought it would be longer than a season"
I surely never said I "thought" it would be longer than a season. I think most, like me, thought it "might be" from the beginning. But never thought for sure it would be and still don't think for sure it will be. But, yes, it's a possibility it could be a year or more IMO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my "guess" is 10 games give or take a couple
No idea on fine. The higher the better IMO
Agree and deservedly so based on what we know. This could change if it goes to civil court and we hear more
Disagree
Totally disagree
Again, no idea on fine amounts but I guess a fine could be in order here also

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my "guess" is 10 games give or take a couple

No idea on fine. The higher the better IMO

Agree and deservedly so based on what we know. This could change if it goes to civil court and we hear more

Disagree

Totally disagree

Again, no idea on fine amounts but I guess a fine could be in order here also
Just my guesses. If Houston provided a place for this to occur, and they coddled this behavior, then they are at just as much fault as Watson. League can't suspend the entire organization like they can a player, so where you lay into the organization is financially through money and draft stock.

Didn't the Patriots get fined and lose a draft pick for Kraft's one indiscretion?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 games is just a rumor, and if the NFL was told 22 is all it is and there are no more possible the NFL was lied to.
If there were lies, who lied? Did Watson lie to the Browns or did the Browns lie to the NFL?

Edit: I'll add the 8 games are just rumors too just as the 1 season, so saying 22 = 8 or 24 = 4 years is false especially since it sounds like 2 more cases might drop.
The only thing we can say for sure is it likely will be a minimum of 6 games based on what we know of NFL suspension terms and that it probably and should be more. I suspect on the high end they would never suspend him for something like 60 games even if arrested and found guilty. They may do an indefinite suspension and take it up in the future after time served, counseling, etc. But to hand down a 60 game month suspension would be shocking IMO

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we can say for sure is it likely will be a minimum of 6 games based on what we know of NFL suspension terms and that it probably and should be more. I suspect on the high end they would never suspend him for something like 60 games even if arrested and found guilty. They may do an indefinite suspension and take it up in the future after time served, counseling, etc. But to hand down a 60 month suspension would be shocking IMO
60 games is way different than 60 months.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my guesses. If Houston provided a place for this to occur, and they coddled this behavior, then they are at just as much fault as Watson. League can't suspend the entire organization like they can a player, so where you lay into the organization is financially through money and draft stock.

Didn't the Patriots get fined and lose a draft pick for Kraft's one indiscretion?
My guesses too. I'm not saying you are wrong, just adding my thoughts. Also, I don't know if it came across that way, but I agreed with you that Houston may be fined

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much time do you think they take on each play When they watch every player on every play? And No chance they are getting an idea of whether or not the receiver ran the wrong route on most plays unless they are in the h and know the routes.

i didn’t reference completion % and yards but I have always felt completion % is one of the best indicators of a QB. Offense of course plays a big role in this. But the best indicator is your eyes. My eyes tell me Baker is very inaccurate. You may disagree, but I think most would agree. Most things tend to even out over time which is why a couple of games is a horrible indicator but a few years or more tells a pretty good story.
completion % the best indicator even though you ripped PFF by saying things along the lines of "they don't know the route", "don't know if QB threw to wrong spot", etc? You can throw a pass right to the DB and he can tip it to the WR and that helps the QB. That is the best indicator? Never mind it does not take into account the air yards of each pass. a pass in the backfield to the RB counts the same as one 40 yards on a rope to a well covered receiver.

This explains how PFF grades QBs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our Browns fans have gone into shock and are speechless. LOL
I laughed. A movie quote came to mind. Don't remember it exactly but think it was made by Scott Evil....."why not make it a gajillion?"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completion % the best indicator even though you ripped PFF by saying things along the lines of "they don't know the route", "don't know if QB threw to wrong spot", etc? You can throw a pass right to the DB and he can tip it to the WR and that helps the QB. That is the best indicator? Never mind it does not take into account the air yards of each pass. a pass in the backfield to the RB counts the same as one 40 yards on a rope to a well covered receiver.

This explains how PFF grades QBs

No, I said "your eyes" are the BEST indicator. You seem to see what you want to see in every post

But, as I said, all of those things even out in the long run and I even brought a few things up :noidea: . Which is why I said: "which is why a couple of games is a horrible indicator but a few years or more tells a pretty good story". What is his career PFF ranking?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems you are making this up. I'm not sure how you could know any of this for sure. There was always the potential it would be longer than 8 games. I don't even get where that comes from alluding to it not being a possibility from day one based on the charges.

I also don't know what you are talking about with this: "You all are coming out now acting like any of you thought it would be longer than a season"
I surely never said I "thought" it would be longer than a season. I think most, like me, thought it "might be" from the beginning. But never thought for sure it would be and still don't think for sure it will be. But, yes, it's a possibility it could be a year or more IMO

Not one person suggested it could be more than a year

If so please enlighten me as to who that was.