• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: No cap vs Kings

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bored this AM. I really dont think this is a big game for LA (other than yes, they all are). Even tho the Bolts have termoil and been struggling this season they are still very good especially when they are rolling. I think the Kings can win this one if they dont make any mistakes in coverages, Bolts will press hard and force those mistakes to happen.

I really want the Kings to get passed by the Goldenshowers, i like LAs chances vs the Canucks in R1 than the Oil....assuming things stay about as they are. If the Kings can win a round, who knows maybe they get confidence to beat
the McJesuses. Otherwise 1 or 2 bad goals and i think the Kings fold vs them.

Anyway Kings 4-2

GO KINGS GO!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has sustained some losses from the Cup wins, similar to what happened with LA. Contending teams are almost always capped out (except LA apparently) and there will be casualties. Their T9 is still good but they went a different route over the years during the mini dynasty beefing up B6 vs T6 (guys like Coleman for example) ans it paid off, but then it also got them into this situation. The cost of success.

They're in WC1 I believe in the EC so they aren't what they were but they're still good. Not going to be an easy out. And Stamkos always seems to have good games against LA, Doughty should be salivating for this match up.

No kids today or tonight - no idea how that happened but OK - going to have the steak dinner special at my watering hole and then watch the game at home. Kings played a solid game against the Wild, hope there isn't a let down.

Prediction: Kings 3-1. PLD, Laferriere and Kempe.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back looking at a new bronco....might have to trade in the jeep. Family coming over for a game night so i doubt i get to watch this one.....price of busting a few nuts i suppose.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they have issues, Ms Puck II is gaga over them. I told her umm we're a GM family, you're getting a GMC Canyon.

Let me know what you find out about them.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry that if the Kings drop to 4th they could end up playing the Avs and then the Stars.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter who they play actually, i don't think they're getting out of the first round. It's been an entertaining roller coaster season but there isn't that "feeling" like there was during the Cup years.

They just aren't a complete team yet.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa showing why they're recent champs, they have ratcheted this up. Push is on, it's intense.

Time to see what LA is made of in crunch time defensively.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings trying to learn how to power play from Tampa
They all stood there and watched

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky. All I have to say, they had no business getting 2 points. But at other times this season in OT/SO they did deserve 2 and didn't get it.

Lightning absolutely turned it on the last 5 minutes, resulted in 2 goals to tie the game. Kings crumbled, what was up with Stamkos' first goal? PK or not, no King within 10 feet.

Overall take the points, but things still need to be cleaned up. In a 7 game series a game like this can change the tide.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they have issues, Ms Puck II is gaga over them. I told her umm we're a GM family, you're getting a GMC Canyon.

Let me know what you find out about them.

Guy i work with got one similar to what im looking at and loves it, no problems. Driving a couple i like the ride for an offroad type vehicle....i hunt, camp 4 x 4 etc, basic trails, with rocks, small rivers....typical Nevada desert stuff. Im probably going to do it and trade in the Rubicon jeep....wife likes Bronco better too which is a +++ for me. I dont think they are worth the cost,but nothing is these days.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky win, take it and run. Something of note (i know shut up about him) PLG usually passes pucks in front of the opposing net a couple times a game, usually his linemates arent there or cant handle them....this is another reason i think he needs a higher skill guy with him to be effective, a lot more of those become Gs if its not JADs, Kaylievs or Turcotts there IMO. Hopefully that translates into the future of this deal as 8 years is a long ass time.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on, he drives the net and has made so many crease passes but nobody seems to be able to finish. He's definitely upped his game since the ASG, hoping that PO PLD returns in a month if the Kings lock down a spot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually went to that game and I didn't think it was that lucky. Lightning had some chances, and Kings caved late, but I thought LA carried the play. Tampa was sitting at like 16 total shots with about ten minutes to play. Talbot did make some good saves in there, so I guess that part could be seen as lucky. Great goaltending pretty much always wins out over so many other things.

Gavrikov with the phone celebration has been one my favorites since he got to LA. Kopitar was doing it in front of the net as he went to celebrate as well.

I will say, Arvidsson is funky. He adds a ton to the lineup with his style and production. He's quick and he'll make the unexpected move to keep the defense on their toes. And he's pretty much always looking to shoot, which is a nice change from so many guys.

I am not as pessimistic right now as I've been the past few months. IF (Big IF) they can stay healthy, this team looks pretty good actually. Can they defend leads? No. But they have a real solid forward Top 9 right now and they can do some damage.

I could see it imploding with some bad goaltending stretches, but right now, it seems okay.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually went to that game and I didn't think it was that lucky. Lightning had some chances, and Kings caved late, but I thought LA carried the play. Tampa was sitting at like 16 total shots with about ten minutes to play. Talbot did make some good saves in there, so I guess that part could be seen as lucky. Great goaltending pretty much always wins out over so many other things.

Gavrikov with the phone celebration has been one my favorites since he got to LA. Kopitar was doing it in front of the net as he went to celebrate as well.

I will say, Arvidsson is funky. He adds a ton to the lineup with his style and production. He's quick and he'll make the unexpected move to keep the defense on their toes. And he's pretty much always looking to shoot, which is a nice change from so many guys.

I am not as pessimistic right now as I've been the past few months. IF (Big IF) they can stay healthy, this team looks pretty good actually. Can they defend leads? No. But they have a real solid forward Top 9 right now and they can do some damage.

I could see it imploding with some bad goaltending stretches, but right now, it seems okay.

I dont disagree with your overall take of the Kings. I think with Victor in there they have a t9 that can hang with any team on regular nights. My biggest concern is as you mentioned, holding a lead and part of that problem comes from not having any much size or real grit on that 4th line. I like lizard and his buzzsaw mentality but with a lead or to change momentum you need that guy or 2 that can really give a hit or ragdoll a guy. Your intent is to visually and physically break their spirit, dont let em think they can come back. PO is a different beast and LA just seems built for regular season play.....anything is possible

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah probably feel the same way. Also, they beat Chicago to start the homestand. Wild game had a lot of lucky goals when I went back and watched. Lightning I think was a solid win, but they had no business giving up a two goal lead with under 5 to play (It's like playing the same record over and over).

I don't know why. I have a feeling this road trip starting tonight could be good.

My main point in looking at everything is that Colorado and Dallas looks really good. Nashville is on fire, yes. Vancouver is still in 1st. But I just think Dallas and Colorado look like the top teams, and everyone else could be beat. Edmonton has LA's number, but you cannot convince me they are a cup favorite with Jeff Skinner and that defense. Kings blew that 3-0 lead in Game 4 last year. And blew a late 4-3 lead too to blow that same game. They weren't that far from changing that series. Felt like Campbell came in and stood on his head for that one, but it is what it is. Vegas is beatup, but they feel like they are going to use that $21.5mil in LTIR and miraculously have most of their studs back just in time to make the playoffs. Just feels that way.

Felt like going into this year, LA was a year away. Needed to see some stuff from some young guys, which it sort of seems like we have. Spence and Byfield have taken steps. Englund has been pretty serviceable. Nice to have some size. I even saw PLD smash some Lightning defender on Saturday. I could live with that if he picked up his physical play like that.

Next season, figure out Arvidsson situation (Probably gone). Figure out Byfield contract. Figure out Matt Roy situation. Look at your goaltending again and see if a stud can't be found. If LA can make playoffs and steal a round or 2. We're looking at some optimism heading into next year.